5G N11 Interface Emulation
MAPS™ 5G-N11 can emulate and test Access and Mobility Management Function (AMF) and Session Management Function (SMF) elements via the Nudm service-based N11 interface.Brochure
MAPS™ 5G N11 interface can emulate Session Managements Function (SMF), within the 5G Core Network offering services to Access and Mobility Management Function (AMF) via the Namf service-based N11 interface.
MAPS™ N11 Interface Emulator supported Procedures are -
- Nsmf_PDUSession: Create SM Context, Update SM Context, Release SM Context, Notify SM Context Status and Retrieve SM Context operations
- Namf_Communication : N1N2MessageTransfer (UE Specific) operations based on N20 interface
GL has enhanced its MAPS™ protocol emulation tool to emulate multi-protocol and multi-interface offering a complete range of test solutions, covering the entire 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G network.
By mimicking real-world customer behavior in lab environments, our solutions allow mobile operators and equipment manufacturers to verify their 5G networks before deployment.
The product supports Mobile traffic core - GTP (ETH101) emulation for user-plane packet transmission and reception services between any two nodes in 5G network. Mobile Traffic Core - Gateway (ETH102) module allows emulation of Gateway Traffic to test media gateway telephony interfaces over IP. These modules also support generation and verification of data traffic such as Email, FTP, Web (HTTP), Video, and more.
GL also provides a GUI based Multi-Protocol Analyzer for on-line capture and decode of the signaling in real-time both during tests and as a stand-alone tracer for live systems.
- Emulate SMF and AMF elements
- Supports Nsmf_PDUSession and Namf_Communication Services
- Services use REST APIs based on HTTP and JSON data format
- Supports TLS and TCP transports
- Supports scripted call generation and automated call reception
- Supports customization of call flow and message templates using Script and JSON Messages
- Ready-to-use scripts for quick testing
- Provides Call Statistics and Events Status
- Emulate multiple Subscribers using CSV Profiles
- Automation, Remote access, and Schedulers to run tests 24/7
Supported Protocols Standards
N11 Interface (SMF - AMF)
TS29.502 Release 16 (SMF)
IETF RFC 8259
IETF RFC 7231
IETF RFC 8446
IETF RFC 793
IETF RFC 791 
5G N11 Interface Procedures
In 5G N11 interface, MAPS™ acts either as AMF to test SMF or SMF to test AMF emulating the following procedures.
- Nsmf_PDUSession Services
- Create SM Context Service Operation
- Update SM Context Service Operation
- Release SM Context Service Operation
- Notify SM Context Status Service Operation
- Retrieve SM Context Service Operation
- Nudm_UEContextManagement Service
The SMF uses N1N2 Message Transfer service operation to transfer N1 and/or N2 information to the UE through the AMF in the following procedures:
- Network triggered Service Request
- PDU Session establishment
- PDU Session modification
- PDU Session release
- Session continuity, service continuity and UP path management
- Inter NG-RAN node N2 based handover
- SMS over NAS procedures
- UE assisted and UE based positioning procedure
- Network assisted positioning procedure
- UE configuration update procedure for transparent UE policy delivery
The below figures depict the Call Generation and Reception of 5G N11 interface between AMF and SMF.
Please Note: The XX in the Item No. refers to the hardware platform, listed at the bottom of the Buyer's Guide, which the software will be running on. Therefore, XX can either be ETA or EEA (Octal/Quad Boards), PTA or PEA (tProbe Units), UTA or UEA (USB Units), HUT or HUE (Universal Cards), and HDT or HDE (HD cards) depending upon the hardware.
|PKS505||5G N11 Interface Emulation|
|PKS502||5G Service based Emulation (Prerequisite base license for all service based (Open API) interface emulations)|
|PKS500||MAPS™ 5G N1/N2 Interface Emulator|
|PKS501||MAPS™ 5G N4 Interface Emulator|
|PKS503||MAPS™ 5G N8 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS504||MAPS™ 5G N10 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS506||MAPS™ 5G N12 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS507||MAPS™ 5G N13 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS502||MAPS™ 5G N17 Interface Emulator|
|PKS505||MAPS™ 5G N20 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS509||MAPS™ 5G N21 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|GTP Mobile Traffic Options|
|ETH100||Packet Traffic Simulation - GTP|
|ETH101||Mobile Traffic Core - GTP|
|ETH102||Mobile Traffic Core - Gateway|