5G N10 Interface Emulation
MAPS™ 5G N10 can emulate and test Unified Data Management (UDM) and Session Management Function (SMF) elements via the Nudm service-based N10 interface.Brochure
MAPS™ 5G N10 interface can emulate Unified Data Management (UDM), within the 5G Core Network offering services to Session Management Function (SMF) via the Nudm service-based N10 interface.
MAPS™ N10 Interface Emulator supported Procedures are -
- Nudm_SubscriberDataManagement : Get, Subscribe, ModifySubscription, Unsubscribe and Notification operations
- Nudm_UEContextManagement : SMF Registration,Deregistration, Get and Update operations
GL has enhanced its MAPS™ protocol emulation tool to emulate multi-protocol and multi-interface offering a complete range of test solutions, covering the entire 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G network.
By mimicking real-world customer behavior in lab environments, our solutions allow mobile operators and equipment manufacturers to verify their 5G networks before deployment.
The product supports Mobile traffic core - GTP (ETH101) emulation for user-plane packet transmission and reception services between any two nodes in 5G network. Mobile Traffic Core - Gateway (ETH102) module allows emulation of Gateway Traffic to test media gateway telephony interfaces over IP. These modules also support generation and verification of data traffic such as Email, FTP, Web (HTTP), Video, and more.
GL also provides a GUI based Multi-Protocol Analyzer for on-line capture and decode of the signaling in real-time both during tests and as a stand-alone tracer for live systems.
- Emulate Unified Data Management (UDM) and Session Management Function (SMF) elements
- Supports Nudm_SubscriberDataManagement and Nudm_UEContextManagement Services
- Services use REST APIs based on HTTP and JSON data format
- Supports TLS and TCP transports
- Supports scripted call generation and automated call reception
- Supports customization of call flow and message templates using Script and JSON Messages
- Ready-to-use scripts for quick testing
- Provides Call Statistics and Events Status
- Emulate Multiple Subscribers using CSV Profiles
- Automation, Remote access, and Schedulers to run tests 24/7
Supported Protocol Standards
N10 Interface (UDM - SMF)
TS29.503 Release 15
IETF RFC 8259
IETF RFC 7231
IETF RFC 8446
IETF RFC 793
IETF RFC 791 
5G N10 Interface Procedures
In 5G N10 interface, MAPS™ acts as either SMF to test UDM or UDM to test SMF emulating the following procedures.
- Nudm_SubscriberDataManagement Service:
- Session Management Subscription Data Retrieval
- Subscription to Notifications of Data Change
- Unsubscribe to Notifications of Data Change
- Modification of a Subscription to Notifications of Data Change
- Nudm_UEContextManagement Service
- SMF Registration
- SMF Deregistration
The below figures depict the Call Generation and Reception of 5G N10 interface between AMF and UDM.
Please Note: The XX in the Item No. refers to the hardware platform, listed at the bottom of the Buyer's Guide, which the software will be running on. Therefore, XX can either be ETA or EEA (Octal/Quad Boards), PTA or PEA (tProbe Units), UTA or UEA (USB Units), HUT or HUE (Universal Cards), and HDT or HDE (HD cards) depending upon the hardware.
|PKS504||MAPS™ 5G N10 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS502||5G Service-based Emulation (Prerequisite base license for all service-based (Open API) interface emulations)|
|PKS500||MAPS™ 5G N1/N2 Interface Emulator|
|PKS501||MAPS™ 5G N4 Interface Emulator|
|PKS503||MAPS™ 5G N8 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS505||MAPS™ 5G N11 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS506||MAPS™ 5G N12 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS507||MAPS™ 5G N13 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS502||MAPS™ 5G N17 Interface Emulator|
|PKS508||MAPS™ 5G N20 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS509||MAPS™ 5G N21 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|GTP Mobile Traffic Options|
|ETH100||Packet Traffic Simulation - GTP|
|ETH101||Mobile Traffic Core - GTP|
|ETH102||Mobile Traffic Core - Gateway|