MAPS™ 5G N22 interface can emulate Access and Mobility Management Function (AMF) and Network Slice Selection Function (NSSF) via the service-based N22 interface.
Supports the following services:
GL has enhanced its MAPS™ protocol emulation tool to emulate multi-protocol and multi-interface offering a complete range of test solutions, covering the entire 5G, 4G, 3G and 2G network.
By mimicking real-world customer behavior in lab environments, our solutions allow mobile operators and equipment manufacturers to verify their 5G networks before deployment.
GL also provides a GUI based Multi-Protocol Analyzer for on-line capture and decode of the signaling in real-time both during tests and as a stand-alone tracer for live systems.
- Emulate NSSF and AMF elements
- Supports Nnssf_NSSelection (Get service operation) and Nnssf_NSSAIAvailability Service (Update, Subscribe, Unsubscribe, Notify and Delete service operations)
- Services use REST APIs based on HTTP and JSON data format
- Supports TLS and TCP transports
- Supports scripted call generation and automated call reception
- Supports customization of call flow and message templates using Script Editor
- Ready-to-use scripts for quick testing
- Provides Call Statistics and Events Status
- Automation, Remote access, and Schedulers to run tests 24/7
Supported Protocols Standards
N22 Interface (NSSF - AMF)
TS29.531 Release 17
IETF RFC 8259
IETF RFC 7231
IETF RFC 8446
IETF RFC 793
IETF RFC 791 
5G N22 Interface Procedures
In 5G N22 interface, MAPS™ acts as either NSSF to test AMF or AMF to test NSSF emulating the Nnssf_NSSelection and Nnssf_NSSAIAvailability Service Operations.
The below figures depict the Call Generation and Reception of 5G N22 interface between NSSF and AMF.
Please Note: The XX in the Item No. refers to the hardware platform, listed at the bottom of the Buyer's Guide, which the software will be running on. Therefore, XX can either be ETA or EEA (Octal/Quad Boards), PTA or PEA (tProbe Units), XUT or XUE (Dual PCIe Express) depending upon the hardware.
|MAPS™ 5G N22 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)
|MAPS™ 5G Multi-Interface Emulation
|MAPS™ 5G N1/N2 Interface Emulator
|MAPS™ 5G N4 Interface Emulator
|5G Service-based Emulation (Prerequisite base license for all service-based (Open API) interface emulations)
|MAPS™ 5G N17 Interface Emulator
|MAPS™ 5G N8 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)
|MAPS™ 5G N10 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)
|MAPS™ 5G N11 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)
|MAPS™ 5G N12 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)
|MAPS™ 5G N13 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)
|MAPS™ 5G N20 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)
|MAPS™ 5G N21 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)
|MAPS™ 5G N29 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)
|MAPS™ 5G N51 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)