5G N8 Interface Emulation
MAPS™ 5G-N8 can emulate and test Unified Data Management (UDM) and Access and Mobility Management Function (AMF) elements via the Nudm and Namf service-based N8 interface.Brochure
MAPS™ 5G N8 interface can emulate Unified Data Management (UDM), within the 5G Core Network offering services to Access and Mobility Management Function (AMF) via the Nudm service-based N8 interface.
MAPS™ N8 Interface Emulator supported Procedures are -
- Nudm_SubscriberDataManagement : Get, Subscribe, Modify Subscription, Unsubscribe and Notification operations
- Nudm_UEContextManagement: Registration, Deregistration Notification, Deregistration, Get and Update operations
- Namf_MT: Provides Domain Selection Info operation
- Namf_Location: Provide Location Info operation
- Namf_Communication: AMF Status Change Operations
GL has enhanced its MAPS™ protocol emulation tool to emulate multi-protocol and multi-interface offering a complete range of test solutions, covering the entire 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G network.
By mimicking real-world customer behavior in lab environments, our solutions allow mobile operators and equipment manufacturers to verify their 5G networks before deployment.
GL also provides a GUI based Multi-Protocol Analyzer for online capture and decode of the signaling in real-time both during tests and as a stand-alone tracer for live systems.
- Emulates AMF and UDM elements
- Supported procedures are -
- Services use REST APIs based on HTTP and JSON data format
- Supports TLS and TCP transports
- Supports scripted call generation and automated call reception
- Supports customization of call flow and message templates using Script Editor and JSON Messages
- Ready-to-use scripts for quick testing
- Provides Call Statistics and Events Status
- Emulates Multiple Subscribers using CSV Profiles
- Automation, Remote access, and Schedulers to run tests 24/7
Supported Protocols Standards
N8 Interface (UDM - AMF)
TS29.503 Release 15
IETF RFC 8259
IETF RFC 7231
IETF RFC 8446
IETF RFC 793
IETF RFC 791
5G N8 Interface Procedure
In the 5G N8 interface, MAPS™ acts as either AMF to test UDM or UDM to test AMF emulating the following procedures.
MAPS™ N8 Interface Emulator supported Procedures are - Nudm_SubscriberDataManagement Services, Nudm_UEContextManagement Services, Namf_MT Service , Namf_Location Service, Namf_Communication
The below figures depict the Call Generation and Reception of 5G N8 interface between AMF and UDM.
Please Note: The XX in the Item No. refers to the hardware platform, listed at the bottom of the Buyer's Guide, which the software will be running on. Therefore, XX can either be ETA or EEA (Octal/Quad Boards), PTA or PEA (tProbe Units), UTA or UEA (USB Units), HUT or HUE (Universal Cards), and HDT or HDE (HD cards) depending upon the hardware.
|PKS503||MAPS™ 5G N8 Interface Emulator|
|PKS502||5G service-based Emulation (Prerequisite base license for all service-based (Open API) interface emulations)|
|PKS500||MAPS™ 5G N1/N2 Interface Emulator|
|PKS501||MAPS™ 5G N4 Interface Emulator|
|PKS504||MAPS™ 5G N10 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS505||MAPS™ 5G N11 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS506||MAPS™ 5G N12 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS507||MAPS™ 5G N13 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS502||MAPS™ 5G N17 Interface Emulator|
|PKS508||MAPS™ 5G N20 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|
|PKS509||MAPS™ 5G N21 Interface Emulator (Requires PKS502)|