Voice Quality Testing using GL’s Ultra-Portable handheld device: vMobile™
Sep 2023 00:54:15
Presented by : Vikram Kulkarni & Robert Bichefsky
The vMobile™ is an ultra-portable handheld device that brings mobility to voice and data quality testing for both mobile phones and radios. This solution is easy to configure and operate during walk and drive testing while benchmarking mobile phone and radio networks.
The vMobile™ handheld device supports fully automated call control along with audio testing for mobile phones (any phone, any carrier, any network) including Voice Quality using POLQA, delay measurements, audio dropout analysis, and call metrics such as failures and drops. All tests include GPS location for plotting results and events within Google Maps using the GL WebViewer™.
In addition, the vMobile™ supports automated testing for mobile radios (any radio with wired headset for both audio and PTT control). This solution allows plotting walk and drive test results outdoors using GPS and indoors using GL’s Indoor Tracking System (ITS). Voice Quality analysis includes POLQA, PESQ and derived DAQ if needed.
- Fully automated voice and data testing in any mobile network
- Connect up to two mobile phones simultaneously using the onboard Bluetooth
- Connect to any mobile radio using the onboard wired headset interface
- Operation and Configuration supported using vMobile™ onboard WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity via Console (web-browser) or Android/IOS Console app (both WiFi and Bluetooth control supported)
- Drive and Walk Testing while plotting results real-time using vMobile™ internal GPS or using the optional ITS.
- Supports Delay measurements and Voice Quality Testing using POLQA (ITU-P.863) and PESQ (ITU-P.862) algorithms, with derived DAQ results for Mobile Radios
- Automation includes remote operation of far-end vMobile™ or GL VQuad™ system
For more information, please visit: vMobile™ - Ultra-Portable Equipment for Voice & Data Testing webpage.