vMobile™ is GL’s new offering under its wide variety of Voice and Data Quality testing tools. The vMobile™ is a handheld ultra-portable device that brings true mobility to voice, video and data quality testing on wireless devices (any mobile phone or radio), changing the way automated drive and walk testing is performed. It is simple to setup and conduct simultaneous voice, video, and data quality tests to benchmark performance of any type of telephony devices.
The vMobile™ handheld device can support full audio testing for mobile phones and mobile radios, as well as providing data testing for mobile phones. The vMobile™ can be hand-carried for walk and drive testing (includes GPS) as well as left in labs and can work directly with GL’s VQuad™ solution for very flexible end-to-end testing. All functionality and configuration of the vMobile™ is provided using the remote web-based Console or Console App which is installed on any Android or iOS device. In essence, the vMobile™ is an expansion of GL’s current VQuad™ Voice and Data testing solution.
vMobile™ includes two Bluetooth® modules, an embedded Wi-Fi module, and an onboard GPS. vMobile™ can operate either in Bluetooth mode or Analog mode (replace the headset on any analog device including Mobile Radio with PTT). The embedded Wi-Fi supports remote operation along with remote audio analysis and sends all results/events to a Central Database, accessed through GL WebViewer™ (web browser).
GL's Voice Analysis Tool (VAT™) application is used to analyze the audio content within any PCM audio files and generates a variety of audio metrics. VAT™ has a user-friendly interface to perform manual and automated analysis of multiple tests using a single PCM audio file received from the VQuad™, vMobile™, or any other applications.
- Fully automated voice and data testing in any mobile network
- Automation includes remote operation of far-end vMobile or GL VQuad system
- Can operate either in Bluetooth mode or Analog mode (connect to any 4-wire Analog device including Mobile Radio with PTT)
- Automated mobile Voice Quality Testing using embedded Wi-Fi for connecting to Central system and supporting full remote operation and analysis
- Onboard battery with availability of small portable external battery providing up to 12 hours operation
- Hand Portable including several remote options for operation and configuration
- vMobile™ operation and configuration supported through Android and IOS apps
- Drive and Walk Testing fully supported using any Mobile Phone (any carrier) or Mobile Radio
- vMobile™ scripting supports all operations including conditional statements
- Bluetooth supports both Narrowband (NB, 8000 sampling) and Wideband (WB, 16000 sampling)
- Analog PTT supports Narrowband (NB, 8000 sampling), Wideband (WB, 16000 sampling), and Super-Wideband (SWB, 48000 sampling)
- Fully automated tests while sending events/results to Central System for analysis and Access (WebViewer™)
- Full Audio Analysis using GL VAT™ supports One Way and Round-Trip Delay measurements, Signal and Noise Levels, Speech Activity, Audio Dropout Analysis along with additional analytical functions
- Google Map plotting of Results and Call Control Information within WebViewer™
vMobile™ Configuration and Operation
The vMobile™ Console application for Android/IOS devices can be used to monitor, configure, and operate vMobile™ units. In addition, the app can be used to write vMobile™ scripts and upgrade vMobile™ units when necessary. Multiple vMobile™ units can be controlled from one vMobile™ app.
The vMobile™ Console, running on the central system, has the same functionality as the vMobile™ app. In addition, the Console and Console app can access Bluetooth and Error logs from the individual vMobile™ units. Configuration settings include connections to the Central System and Console, Wi-Fi Network connection, Bluetooth connection for the mobile test phones, sample rate, mode of operation (Bluetooth or Analog PTT), all configured from the Console and Console app.
vMobile™ can also work with VQuad™ solution (vMobile™ in the field and VQuad™ with Dual UTA HD or VQuad™ Probe in the lab or static location). Both the systems connect to Central System and WebViewer™. Central Database with WebViewer™ allows access to all events and results while also plotting results on Google Maps.
Automated Call Control via Bluetooth®
The Bluetooth® modules on vMobile™ connect to two independent mobile phones to perform automated voice quality analysis along with delay measurements on Bluetooth® enabled mobile devices.
- Mobile (5G, VoLTE, VoWi-Fi, VoFemto, 3G) network with both NB and WB voice
- Supports any Mobile phone, any Carrier and any Network
- Voice Quality Analysis using POLQA algorithm of recorded voice files, supporting legacy as well as 5G and VoLTE networks
- Bluetooth® connectivity also supports RSSI, Battery level functions, and Network identity
Automated Analog (4-Wire) Testing
vMobile™ 4-wire analog replaces any analog headset including mobile radios with PTT (Push to Talk). Mobile radio testing includes DoD, Emergency Services, Government, Mass Transit, and more
- vMobile™ Analog (4-wire) testing
- Connect to any Mobile Radio or replace any analog headset to any device
- Control Mobile Radios with automated Push-to-Talk functionality
Automated Voice Quality Testing
- Network-independent VQT – Supports legacy, as well as Next Generation networks
- POLQA (ITU-T P.863)
- PESQ (ITU-T P.862), PESQ LQ, LQO (P.862.1), PESQ WB (P.862.2)
- Call control analysis (Failed Calls, Dropped Calls, and Call ID)
- Includes Text-to-Speech technology (VQT009) for automatically creating the necessary voice prompt for placing call over Siri or Google Voice
- Supports PESQ/POLQA (NB, WB and SWB) measurements
- Supports both Narrow band (NB) and Wideband (WB) audio codecs (both 8k and 16k samples/sec) for Bluetooth interface
- Supports Narrow band (NB), Wideband (WB) and Super Wide-Band (SWB) for PTT interface
For more details, please visit Voice Quality Testing (VQT) Software webpage.
Voice Analysis Tool (VAT™)
- GL VAT™ supports analyzing any Raw PCM voice file including NB, WB and SWB. Audio files can be generated from any application including GL VQuad™ and vMobile™
- Fully automated operation with all results provide in log file and sent to the GL Central Database, and accessed using the GL WebViewer™ (web browser)
- Remote operation supported using the VAT™ CLI
- Audio analysis includes, Round Trip and One Way Delay, Dropout Audio analysis, Double-Talk, Power Level and Frequency Analysis, Speech Activity, Active Speech Level and Noise Level, DC Offset
- Supports VQT™ analysis when coupled with the GL VQT™ software
- Supports multiple analytical tests per individual voice file
- Both sides of the established call may be co-located on same vMobile™ or geographically separated
- One Way Delay (OWD) - vMobile™ includes an advanced method for performing One Way Delay (OWD) measurements using a Correlator algorithm using Voice Analysis Tool (VAT™)
- Round Trip Delay (RTD) – the enhanced correlator algorithm method for accurate RTD measurements supported on vMobile™ using VAT™ application
- The measurements require GPS only for OWD and if the two sides of the call are geographically separated (not on same vMobile™)
- Post Dial Delay (PDD)
- Audio analysis of any recorded voice file for both Power and Frequency. RMS power and frequency response outputs are necessary for testing the network for full WB voice support
For more details, please visit Network Delay Measurements webpage.
Automated Data Quality Testing
vMobile™ support Data Testing including TCP, UDP, VoIP, Route, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SMS, Email, PhoneInfo, SimInfo, and UEInfo. The Data Tests are configured via the vMobile™ scripting and supports Wireless devices as well as PC Ethernet connections (wired, WiFi, Broadband 5G/4G LTE/3G).
- Network independent, supports 5G, 4G LTE, 3G, WiMax, and Wired Internet connections
- Supports Mobile devices (i.e. iPhone, Android)
- Supports PC Ethernet connection (Wired, Wi-Fi, Broadband (5G or 4G or 3G))
- Different type of tests supported - TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, VoIP, Route, SMS, Email, PhoneInfo, SimInfo, and UEInfo
- End-to-End SMS Testing over wireless network directly and remotely
- Remotely perform Data tests from GLNetTestApp on mobile devices (iPhone, Android); this requires connection with Mobile Device Controller server. Mobile device communicates with Mobile Device Controller from anywhere in the world
- Fully automated and remote testing with all results accessible via WebViewer™
Drive and Walk Testing
- Drive and Walk test with any Wireless device with real-time GPS mapping
- GPS connectivity for recording timing and location of tests performed
- The GPS mapping records and adds the real-time GPS information to all test results and vMobile™ call control
- GPS Location includes stamping each result with Latitude, Longitude, and GPS Time Stamp
- GPS information is automatically sent to central database and accessed via Google Maps feature in WebViewer™
For more details, please visit Drive Testing webpage.
|VQT291||vMobile™ - Portable VQT Test Solution|
|VQT008||Voice Analysis Tool|
|VQT600||VQuad™ NetTest Data Server Solution|
|VQT601||Mobile Device Controller (MDC) Software|
|VQT611||Target Data Server (1 Gbps)|
|Item No.||Related Hardware|
|VQT204||GPS for Dual UTA|
|VQT251||Dual UTA HD Next generation Dual UTA with FXO Wideband support|
|VQT252||Dual UTA HD – Bluetooth Option|
|VQT280||VQuad™ Probe HD (with Dual UTA HD)|
|VQT010||VQuad™ Software (Stand Alone)|
|VQT002||Voice Quality Testing (PESQ only)|
|VQT006||Voice Quality Testing (POLQA)|
|VQT007||VQT POLQA v3, server license for 20 nodes|
|VQT014||VQT POLQA Auto|