Advanced TCP Network Analytics
Sep 2022 00:45:42
Presented by : Dr. Vikram Kulkarni, Alan Revzin, Sunil
GL’s TCP Analytics application helps troubleshoot large bandwidth consumption, failed TCP sessions, packet loss, poor TCP throughput, and more. It is an optional application that is included in the PacketScan™ protocol analysis software.
TCP Analytics can process trace files with billions of records based on optimized algorithms. The core functionality is based on the data structures created by the sequential processing of TCP segments in the offline trace file captured by PacketScan™ software. PacketScan™ creates the base data structures for TCP connection analysis from an offline trace file containing captured frames or importing Wireshark trace files. These base data structures can be huge if the captured data files are hundreds of gigabytes or terabytes in size. The proper configuration of the computer’s virtual memory is required to handle this data.
- Analyze TCP connections between internal company LAN-connected computers and outside computers on the WAN
- Analyze TCP connections of a particular client-server pair
- Analyze TCP connections on a subset of a LAN
- Display top-level statistics
- Communicate with PacketScan™ to display packets that belong to a selected TCP connection
- Export information to CSV files for subsequent Excel or a database import
- Sort tabular information by column values
For more information on GL’s TCP Analytics, please visit our website: TCP Analytics webpage.