T1/E1 Single or Dual Multiport and Optical Tap Repeater
Multiport Repeaters are used to generate multiple identical T1/E1 outputs for each T1/E1 input, thus increasing the range of transmission of T1/E1 signals. A single/ dual Multiport Repeater can be used for the following purposes:
- To generate multiple identical T1/ E1 outputs for each T1/ E1 input
- To test and load multiple T1/ E1 interfaces simultaneously
- For broadcast applications and traffic generation and simulation
- To preserve the strength of the signal and extend the distance over which the signal representing the data can be transmitted
The single bantam version provides ten identical outputs from a single T1/ E1 input. The single RJ45 version provides twelve identical outputs from a single T1/ E1 input. The dual version provides four outputs for each of the two inputs. The device is also useful in lab environments for load testing and signal duplication purposes. The output signals are regenerated versions of the input signal(s), that is, the input signal is detected via a data and clock detector circuit and regenerated at the output with identical line coding.
GL offers mTOP™ high-density rack hardware test platforms, which are 1U/2U rack enclosures within which USB based T1 E1 Multiport Repeaters can be stacked to provide high density form factor solution.
The sleek design of T1 E1 Multiport Repeaters portable hardware device allows multiple units to be easily placed in a mTOP™ 1U/2U rack mount enclosure, the variations available are –
- (MT001/MT001E + MPT00) – mTOP™ T1 Multiport Repeater 1:12 T1 Repetition
- (MT001/MT001E + MPE00) – mTOP™ E1 Multiport Repeater 1: 12 E1 Repetition
- (MT001/MT001E + DPT00) – mTOP™ Dual T1 Multiport Repeater 2X1:4 T1 Repetition
- (MT001/MT001E + DPE00) – mTOP™ Dual E1 Multiport Repeater 2X1:4 E1 Repetition
A single T1 E1 Multiport Repeaters mTOP™ test solution with stacked rack units greatly reduces the licensing costs per device. It is a perfect T1 E1 Multiport Repeater for customers who require multi-port testing but are constrained by lab space. For more details on mTOP™ rack-based platform, refer to Test Tools in Rack Based Platforms.
Common Features of Single/ Dual Multiport Repeaters
- The input and output connections are through standard bantam or RJ 45 jacks
- Inputs and outputs are compatible with CCITT G.703
- Units operate on a voltage of 7-12 V DC and draw a current of up to 1000 mA
- T1 and E1 signals are terminated at 100 Ohms or 120 Ohms respectively
- The repeater permits output drive for line lengths up to 655 feet
- The T1 Multiport Repeater and E1 Multiport Repeater are available as separate units
- LEDs are provided to indicate the presence or absence of input signals and power
- Provides Terminate, Bridge and Monitor mode of operations
Dual Multiport Repeater Features
Provides two independent sections of logic that repeat and multiply input T1/ E1 signals; each input is repeated 4 times at the output. For each section, the input termination is 100 Ohms(T1)/120 Ohms(E1) balanced (bantam or RJ45) through a front panel switch.
- Each section has four outputs: two outputs are each output is 100 Ohms(T1)/120 Ohms(E1) balanced (bantam or RJ 45).
- The output of one section can be fed to the input of the second section, thereby providing seven identical outputs consisting of seven (7) bantam or RJ45 outputs.
Single Multiport Repeater Features
Input FeaturesTerminate and Monitor Input:
- DSX level E1 signal is terminated at 120 Ohms
- DSX level T1 signal is terminated at 100 Ohms
- DSX level T1/E1 signal is terminated at > 1000 Ohms
- A single Multiport Repeater contains ten or twelve identical output ports.
- The input T1/ E1 signal is regenerated and provided at the ten or twelve output ports.
Portable Unit - Specifications
|Physical Dimensions||Dimensions of Dual Multiport Repeater (2 x 4): 5.5" x 5.5" x 1.5"
Dimensions of Single Multiport Repeater (1 x 10): 6.5" x 5.5" x 1.5"
|Power Supply Features||The required input voltage to the T1/ E1 Multiport Repeater is 9V DC. Please use the supplied AC/DC adapter for 120V (or 220V) AC power supply. The output of the adapter is 9V DC. The current drawn is 500 mA.|
The T1/ E1 Multiport Repeater has 12 LEDs on the front panel.
Optical Tap Repeaters (OTR)
SONET SDH Ethernet Optical Tap Repeaters
Multiport Optical Tap Repeater hardware test platform provides multiple identical outputs for optical and electrical signals at OC-3 / STM-1, OC-12 / STM-4, OC-48 / STM-16, 1 GigE, and 2.5 GigE rates. The need for optical taps that cut the optical power by 30% or 50% are not needed, since the signals are repeated at full power.
- Accepts up to 6 standards SFPs from OC-3 to OC-48, or 1 GigE and 2.5 GigE
- SFPs can be Electrical (Copper) or Optical Fiber (Single or Multimode)
- Mode Switch = 1 Pass thru Input to 5 Identical Outputs, or
- Mode Switch = 2 Pass thru Inputs to 2 Identical Outputs/each
- Cascade two or more OTRs for greater duplication
- Convert Single Mode to Multimode
- Convert Optical to Electrical or Electrical to Optical
- Error free repetition
Multi-Rate Optical Tap/Repeater
|SONET/SDH or Ethernet||Bit Rate|
|1 GigE||1000 Mbit/s|
High Density - mTOP™
mTOP™ - High Density Rack Mount Form Factor
High Density T1 E1 Multiport Repeaters form factor solution are used are used to generate multiple identical T1/E1 outputs for each T1/E1 input, thus increasing the range of transmission of T1/E1 signals. The chassis comprises of A single/ dual Multiport Repeater with stacked USB units greatly reduces the licensing costs per device.
|MPT00||T1 Multiport Repeater 1:12 T1 Repetition|
|MPE00||E1 Multiport Repeater 1: 12 E1 Repetition|
|DPT00||Dual T1 Multiport Repeater 2X1:4 T1 Repetition|
|DPE00||Dual E1 Multiport Repeater 2X1:4 E1 Repetition|
* Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.
All units are available in RJ-45 or Bantam interfaces