SIP Conformance Test Suite
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – July 31, 2017 - GL Communications Inc., announced today its
MAPS™ SIP Conformance Test Suite that helps to test the conformance of various SIP entities in the network (Proxy, Redirect Server, Registrar, UAC, and UAS) per ETSI standards.
Speaking to the press, Mr. Karthik Ramalingam, a Senior Manager for product development of the company said, “GL's MAPS™ SIP Conformance Test Suite is designed with 400+ test cases, as per SIP specifications ETSI TS 102 027-2 V3.1.1 (2004-11). It includes inbuilt conformance scripts (*.gls) for Proxy conformance, Redirect Server conformance, Registrar conformance, UAC conformance, and UAS conformance to test the Proxy, Redirect Server, Registrar, UAC, and UAS as per ETSI standard.”
He added, “Test cases include general messaging and call flow scenarios for multimedia call session setup and control over IP networks. Logging and pass/fail results are also reported. Test cases verify conformance of actions such as registration, call control, proxies and redirect servers.The application is also available as MAPS™ SIP, which supports simulation of SIP signaling with various RTP traffic options and can be used to simulate any interface in a SIP network.
GL’s MAPS™ SIP is also available in High Density version (requires a special purpose network appliance and PKS109 RTP HD licenses). This is capable of high call intensity (hundreds of calls/sec) and high volume of sustained calls (tens of thousands of simultaneous calls/platform).”
Mr.Ramalingam further explained, “MAPS™ SIP Conformance can be configured as Registrant generating SIP REGISTRATION request messages, and automating the entire Registrar (DUT) testing. It can be configured as Registrar server to receive registration request messages from Registrant (DUT), automating Registrant conformance testing.
MAPS™ SIP Conformance can be configured as UAC generating SIP request messages, and automating the entire User Agent Server-UAS (DUT) testing. Similarly, MAPS™ SIP Conformance can also be configured as UAS to receive messages from User Agent Client-UAC (DUT), automating UAC conformance testing.
With the set of Proxy Conformance inbuilt scripts, MAPS™ can be configured to act as UAC and UAS simultaneously so that entire Proxy testing can be automated.
With the set of Redirect Server Conformance inbuilt scripts, MAPS™ can be configured to act as UAC and sends messages to test Redirect Server (DUT), automating the entire Redirect Server testing.”
- Generates and processes SIP valid and invalid messages
- Supports complete customization of SIP headers, call flow, and messages
- Each SIP message template facilitates customization of the protocol fields and access to the various protocol fields from the scripts.
- Supports IPv4 /IPv6 and transport over UDP ,TCP, and TLS for secure transport
- Handles Retransmissions of messages with specific interval
- Scripted call generation and call reception
- Supports conference (third-party added), attended call transfer, and call forwarding
- Supports transmission and detection of various RTP traffic such as Digits, Voice file, Single tone, Dual tones, IVR, FAX, and Video in IP networks
- Supports almost all industry standard codec types - G.711 (mu-Law and A-Law), G.722, G.729, G.726, GSM, AMR, EVRC, SMV, iLBC, SPEEX, EVS, OPUS, and more. *AMR and EVRC variants require additional licenses
- Supports both RTP G.711 Pass Through Fax Simulation (PKS200) and T.38 Fax Simulation over UDPTL (PKS211) simulation over IP
- Test IVR, and Instant messaging features
- Transmit and receive pre-recorded video traces supporting video codecs like H.264, H.263, and VP8
- With normal RTP Maximum Simultaneous Calls - 2500, and Calls per Second - 250 (in highend server machines). Without RTP (only signaling) Maximum Simultaneous Calls - 70,000, and Calls per Second - 750 (in highend server machines)
- With MAPS™ HD RTP network appliance up to 20,000 endpoints per unit can be easily achieved (requires PKS109 and specialized hardware)
- Capability to generate more than 500 simultaneous video calls on Core i7 systems
- Enhanced with 64-bit RTP support
- Support for T.38 Fax Simulation
- Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secured RTP (SRTP)
- Supports remote controlling through multiple command-line based clients. Supported clients include Java, VBScripts, TCL, and Python APIs
- Remote MAPS™, a client server module, where a single Remote Client controls multiple MAPS™ systems.
Back to Press Releases Index Page