GL announces Cellular Network Monitoring Solution
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - Jun 1, 2021 - GL Communications Inc., a global leader in telecom test and measurement solutions, addressed the press regarding their live network monitoring tool PacketScan™ HD which can capture and analyze high volumes of phone calls over a wide range of protocols on IP and Wireless (2G, 3G, 4G, IMS, and 5G) networks. The solution can capture, analyze and monitor large-scale networks for surveillance and troubleshooting.
“Wireless carriers, internet service providers, and equipment vendors must constantly monitor voice quality, call successes, failures, and drops, and other statistics to ensure customer satisfaction. Law enforcement agencies must be able to capture and listen to phone calls for national security and defense purposes.”, said Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of GL Communications.
He further added, “GL provides an all-IP probe analyzer PacketScan™ HD which can capture, decode, and measure KPIs on all wireless protocols. This solution can monitor all 2G, 3G, 4G, IMS, and 5G wireless communication protocols such as GSM, GPRS, UMTS, SIGTRAN, LTE, and Diameter, in addition to IP protocols such as SIP, MGCP, MEGACO, Skinny, and H.323”.
“This solution can analyze signaling across multiple technologies (Mobile, 5G, VoNR, IMS, LTE, SIGTRAN, VoIP, etc.) and can monitor calls progressing through advanced 3G,4G, or 5G networks all from a central location”.
“GL also provides a distributed network surveillance system with protocol analysis probes deployed at various physical locations. The protocol analysis probes feed data such as call detail records or complete call recordings to a centralized database for remote analysis”.
Important PacketScan™ HD key features:
- Capture IP traffic across high speed (1 Gbps, 10 Gbps, 40 Gbps, 100 Gbps) links without loss
- Filter on traffic of interest (source/destination IP addresses, ports, protocols, etc.)
- Analyze signaling and traffic flows (VoIP, wireless traffic)
- Call Detail Records
- Voice quality metrics and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Signaling and Traffic KPIs
- Record calls of interest (based on specific users, mean opinion score parameters, etc.)
- Centralized dashboard for viewing data from many geographically distinct locations
- Portable network monitoring and analysis tools