Newsletter: GL Announces
Bulk Call Generators for TDM, VoIP & Wireless Networks
Welcome to May 2015 issue of GL's Newsletter providing information and insight into our enhanced stand-alone and automated Voice, Data and Video Testing probe referred to as VQuad™ Probe.
|GL's VQuad™ Probe is an all-in-one self-contained probe supporting multiple physical interfaces for connecting to practically any wired or wireless network while automatically performing voice, data and video testing. This comprehensive hardware device incorporates all the features of the current VQuad™ with Dual UTA unit such as portability and remote accessibility while adding the stand-alone functionality. The Probe is designed to be configured remotely and left unattended onsite for automated testing while sending events/results to the central database.
The VQuad™ Probe is relatively small, 8.3” x 7.4” x 3” high (210mm x 188mm x 76mm), so it is unobtrusive when left onsite or running in a lab. There is a Dual UTA within the VQuad™ Probe which supports up to two independent tests or a single bi-directional test. Up to three additional Dual UTAs can be connected to the VQuad™ Probe, via USB, for a maximum capacity of 8 independent devices.
The VQuad™ Probe is configured for remote control access via Ethernet, thus mouse/keyboard is not required. Additional accessibility is available using the optional portable Touchscreen Monitor. When connected to the VQuad™ Probe via USB the user has mouse, keyboard and screen access to the VQuad™ Probe.
VQuad™ Probe Unit
VQuad™ Probe Advantages
- Bullet proof, 24 x 7 operation, Auto reboot and recovery, Watchdog capability, No worries
- Unattended, Remote management, Full automation
- Deploy into small or large networks, Control and Access via the Central System
- Voice Quality (POLQA and PESQ), Data Quality, Video Quality
- 2-wire analog FXO, 4-wire analog (Tx/Rx), Bluetooth for mobile phone connections, VoIP SIP User Agent
- Simple Configuration using VQuad™ Scripts; set it and forget it for unattended operation
Supported Hardware Interfaces
- Bluetooth® - Connects to any Bluetooth® phone for both call control and send/record audio functions. VoLTE testing supported using WB Bluetooth®
- RJ-11 POTS lines (FXO) - Detect Call Progress Tones, Send DTMF, Detect Ringing, Detect Call ID, and Send/Record voice during established call for Voice Quality Measurement
- Handset Phones (POTS, Digital, VoIP) - Replaces handset of any telephone (POTS, Digital, VoIP) that contains a coiled cord and handset
- Balanced I/O interfaces - Connects to a VoIP Softphone, Head and Torso Simulator (HATS), or any device supporting audio (replaces any audio headset). Connect to any Mobile device via the mobile headset interface
- Mobile Radios with Push-to-Talk (PTT) functionality - Connect to any mobile radio such as Government, Military, Emergency Services, or Mass Transit and provides radio keying while automatically sending/recording audio
|Voice Quality Testing
|The VQuad™ Probe can be used for intrusive Voice Quality Testing, using the POLQA (ITU-P.863) or PESQ (ITU-P.862) algorithms.
Using any of the supported interfaces, after a connection is established, the VQuad™ Probe can send audio in one direction while recording audio in the opposite direction. The recorded audio files are transferred to the GL VQT software for analysis against POLQA or PESQ. All results, including MOS, Signal/Noise Level Gain and Jitter, are transferred to the central database.
The GL's VQT solution is fully automated and can be remotely controlled via CLI. A single instance of VQT, located at a central system, can support all VQuad™ Probes within the network (no need to purchase multiple instances of VQT).
Voice Quality Testing
|Data Quality Testing
|VQuad™ NetTest, for testing/analyzing data communication within any network, supports testing directly from the VQuad™ Probe as well as testing from any Mobile Device (requires free downloadable app for Android and IOS). Both the PC and Mobile Device testing supports the following: TCP, UDP (capacity), VoIP, HTTP, FTP, and DNS. Mobile devices also include SMS, Email, RSSI, Battery Level, and Cell Site informational tests. Tests can be run directly from the Mobile device or from a VQuad™ script for automated operation. All results are sent to the central database.
Data Quality Testing
|Video Quality Testing
|Video Conference Testing, using the GL Video Application Controller (VAC), was recently added to the VQuad™ solution. Video tests can be run manually or automated, using the VQuad™ scripts, between any PC and/or Android device. For instance, perform Video tests between two PCs, between two Android devices, or between a PC and an Android device. User configurable test plans include access to Video Image Size, Frame Rate, Codec and more. User-access also includes Audio options such as Audio Codec. The Video Test results are sent to the central database and include Video MOS, Audio MOS, along with several video/audio analytic metrics.
Video Quality Testing
Using the VQuad™ Probe
the following tests are also available:
- One Way Delay (OWD) and Round Trip Delay (RTD) measurements
- Noise Level measurements
- Fax Emulation Testing
- Echo Measurement Analysis (Line and Acoustic echo)
- PDD (Pulse Dial Delay) measurements
- Call Control testing including error rates for failed and dropped calls
- Automate IVR testing process through scripts
- Monitor IVR System for voice and data quality
- Conference bridge testing for voice quality
- A single stand-alone solution for up to 8 independent interfaces
- Each port may be controlled independently for traffic and call control
- Automatic send/receive voice files over established calls
- Voice and delay measurements
- Remote Access for starting/stopping tests along with retrieving results
- Results available in real-time or post-processing
- VoIP SIP testing with support for voice quality and path confirmation includes authentication and proxy configuration
- Support for T1 E1 CAS/PRI voice quality testing with optional T1 E1 USB unit
For comprehensive information on the applications, user can refer to Voice, Video and Data Testing Application web page.