GL Announces Test Solutions for Voice, Video, and Data Quality on VoLTE Network
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – February 08, 2016 - GL Communications Inc., announced today its latest Voice over LTE (VoLTE) test solutions to measure Voice, Video, and Data Quality over the network.
Speaking to the press, Mr. Robert Bichefsky, a Senior Manager for product development of the company said. “Long Term Evolution(LTE) is the so called 4th Generation (4G) mobile standard in the rapidly evolving mobile technologies. Its distinguishing feature is an all IP infrastructure and significantly greater air interface bandwidth to the mobile handset.
Though LTE is an advanced and evolved standard for mobile technology, challenges are significant for service providers while adoption due to issues like backward-compatibility, inter-operability and high quality requirements when deploying high-quality voice, video, and data services. Efficient and smooth deployment of aforementioned services calls for a rigorous testing solution.
He added, “GL provides fully automated testing solutions for LTE, VoLTE, and other components of IMS network. The automated test solution covers: End-to-End Voice, Video, and Data Quality Testing with speech metrics using the POLQA algorithm. The VQuad™ solution supports testing Wideband voice over the VoLTE network and generating POLQA VQT MOS along with Delay measurements, Signal/Noise Level Gain, and Jitter. The true performance of the VoLTE network based on customer perception can be realized.
All elements within LTE-IMS wireless infrastructure can be tested with GL's general-purpose protocol simulation tool called MAPS™, which supports simulation of various interfaces of LTE (S1-u, S1-MME, X2, S3, S4, S5/S8, S6a, S10, S11, S13, S16) and IMS (Cx/Dx, Rx, Gx, Gm, SGi, Mw, Mi, Mj) interfaces using MAPS™ LTE & IMS simulators. With these, one can simulate VoLTE calls in lab, and study the network behavior.
GL’s PackletScan™ , an all IP monitoring and analysis probe along with NetSurveyorWeb™ provides centralized monitoring of entire LTE-IMS network.
Mr. Robert Bichefsky further explained, “Using GL's VQuad™, along with centralized analytical tools, voice, data, as well as video quality can be tested simultaneously on a wireless or wired network. Since the GL's VQuad™ solution is network independent, all Voice and Data networks are supported including 3G, 4G, WiMax, LTE, Advanced LTE and the upcoming 5G. And since the GL VQuad™ solution supports both Narrowband and Wideband traffic, VoLTE testing is fully supported.
Using the GL's VQuad™ application with the Dual UTA, or all-in-one VQuad™ Probe, voice, video, and data quality tests are supported for practically any end-point (supporting true customer experience). The VQuad™ Probe (VQuad™-Dual UTA- PC in single box) provides multiple interfaces for connecting to any communication device within a network using an efficient, portable, single box solution. GL's VQuad™ NetTest solution provides automated data testing on Mobile Devices (Android and Apple) as well as PC based internet connections.
Voice Quality Testing with POLQUA can be achieved using GL's VQT software along with VQuad™ that supports the next-generation voice quality testing standard for fixed, mobile and IP-based networks using POLQA (ITU-T P.863). POLQA, the successor of PESQ (ITU-T P.862) analysis, is the next generation voice quality testing standard for fixed, mobile and IP-based networks. Based on ITU standard ITU-T P.863, POLQA supports the latest HD-quality speech coding, and higher-bandwidth audio signals suitable for Fixed, Wireless (3G, 4G/LTE) and VoIP networks. Automated voice quality testing using POLQA can be performed through VQuad™ scripting.
Important Voice, Video and Data Quality Testing on LTE Network Features:
- Supported devices - Mobile Radio (PTT) & Mobile Phones (VoLTE, 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, WiMax)
- Compact and portable solution for testing mobile end-to-end voice, video, and data quality
- Fully automated Mobile Phone testing with both Bluetooth® connections and Audio Headset connections for ALL phones.
- Bluetooth® connection also supports RSSI, Battery level, and Network verification.
- Supports both Narrowband (8k sampling rate) as well as Wideband (16k sampling rate) connections for use in VoLTEnetworks utilizing the AMR-WB codec
- Both One Way and Round Trip delay measurements accurate to less than 1ms.
- Control Mobile Radios with Push-to-Talk functionality
- Results available in real-time or post-processing
- Compatible with automated GPS location time-stamping
Important Voice Quality Testing with POLQA Features:
- VQT software includes industry standard voice quality analysis algorithms - POLQA and PESQ
- POLQA testing is available for VQuad™ interfaces
- VQT can be configured for fully Automated analysis of recorded voice files
- Full Reference algorithm (FR) measurements with high accuracy for dedicated tests in live networks
- POLQA analysis results include POLQA MOS, E-Model, Signal Level, Noise Level, and Jitter
- Real-time mapping of results with GPS option used in conjunction with VQuad™. Results mapped in WebViewer™using Google Maps
- The results can be accessed remotely from a database using the WebViewer™, displayed in both tabular and graphic formats