Voice Quality Testing (VQT) Software
Main Features |
Download Latest VQT version 5.0.11
Test Engineers can now efficiently test voice quality with common platform and common software, thereby avoiding purchasing dedicated software and equipment for various technologies. The test tools provide the means of sending and receiving speech signals through various network interfaces. GL's VQT (Voice Quality Testing) software then rates the transmissions using ITU standard algorithms POLQA, PESQ and PSQM. Mean Opinion Score (MOS), speech level, noise level, echo, and other distortions common to voice transmissions are measured and provided automatically, remotely, and repetitively as required by the end user. Typical network applications include VoIP systems, PSTN, ATM networks, Frame Relay, and Wireless Networks.
The GL VQT utilizes widely accepted algorithms to perform the voice signal analysis, the Perceptual Evaluation of Speech Quality (PESQ LQ/LQO/WB) per Rec. P.862/P.862.1, the Perceptual Analysis / Measurement System (PAMS) per Rec. P.800, Perceptual Objective Listening Quality Analysis (POLQA) per ITU-T P.863, and the Perceptual Speech Quality Measurement (PSQM) per Rec. P.861. PESQ provides an objective measurement of subjective listening tests on telephony systems. PAMS predicts overall subjective listening quality (a human's perception of quality) without requiring actual subjective testing (a very expensive and time-consuming process). PSQM predicts subjective quality of speech codecs without requiring subjective testing.
The VQT supports analysis using POLQA algorithm for NB (8000 sampling), WB (16000 sampling) and SWB (Super Wideband) (48000 sampling) in both manual and automated testing. POLQA, Perceptual Objective Listening Quality Analysis, is the successor of PESQ (ITU-T P.862) analysis and the next generation voice quality testing standard for fixed, mobile and IP-based networks. POLQA, based on ITU standard, ITU-T P.863, supports the latest HD-quality speech coding and network transport technology, with higher accuracy for 3G, 4G/LTE and VoIP networks.
The GL VQT performs POLQA, PESQ LQ/LQO/WB and PSQM (+) simultaneously, using two voice files (Reference File and Degraded File) and provides the algorithm results in both a graphical and tabular format.
The VQT application is available with the following options:
- PESQ with PAMS/PSQM
- PESQ with POLQA
- PESQ with PAMS/PSQM and POLQA
- POLQA only
The GL VQT provides a user-friendly interface, which allows the user to perform manual voice quality assessments by simply entering a Reference File and a Degraded File. The results of the VQT algorithms, POLQA, PESQ LQ/LQO/WB, PAMS and PSQM, are displayed both in tabular format as well as graphically. Additional analytical results are displayed as part of the assessment such as POLQA MOS, E-Model, Signal Level, SNR, jitter, clipping, noise level, and delay (end to end as well as per speech utterance). All results are saved to file and database for post processing viewing along with sophisticated searching on the results within the VQT application and using the WebViewer™ (remote and local access).
The user may configure a Rating Criteria for all VQT algorithms as well as the additional analytical results. The rating criteria may be configured for Excellent, Good, Fair, and Poor and the results of the rating criteria may be saved to file for post processing viewing. Thus, the user may view only Fair and Poor results if desired. Full statistics are also available that include all measurement results as well as Rating Criteria results.
The GL VQT may also be executed in Auto Mode. This allows the GL VQT to reside on a Network computer and point to a single or multiple user-specified network drives/directories. Voice files are recorded to this network drive/directory and GL VQT automatically performs the voice quality algorithms and displays the results. Multiple GL VQT Auto-Measurement sessions may be configured, each session with a unique set of requirements and a unique reference voice file. In addition, the user may specify voice files to be saved based on the rating criteria (i.e. if VQT is fair or poor, save the degraded voice file).
- Manual or Automatic operation using GL's VQuad™, DCOSS, APS, PacketGen™, or T1/E1 Analysis Cards
- Testing the Voice Quality of Telecom Networks as well as ATM and PSTN Connections.
- Measuring the effect of Packet Jitter in VoIP Network.
- Measuring Voice Performance over Frame Relay Networks.
- Analyze the Effects of Codec Compression in Wireless Networks.
- Supports PESQ ITU-P.862.2 for Wideband
- POLQA ITU-T P.863 for next generation voice quality testing supporting NB (8000 sampling), WB (16000 sampling) and SWB (Super Wideband) (48000 sampling)
- Provides POLQA, PESQ LQ/LQO/WB results along with Active Speech and Noise Levels, Latency, Jitter, Clipping, and Power Measurements.
- Provides PAMS and PSQM (+) Mean Opinion Score (MOS) results.
- Tabular as well as Graphical Results.
- Automatic Mode allows the GL VQT to execute on a network system and point to a user-defined network drive.
- Complete automatic logging of all results (both file and database) with the ability to import log back into VQT.
- Query results remotely using the WebViewer™. All VQuad™ call data is also sent to the VQT database for cross analysis.
- Real-time mapping (most countries supported) of results when optional GPS is used in conjunction with VQuad™.
- Sophisticated search features on the results within the VQT application
- Command Line Interface (CLI) support to control VQT nodes remotely. Supported on Windows® and Linux
Command Line Interface (CLI) for remote access
The VQT Command Line Interface (CLI) is designed to remotely access various application functionalities and thus controlling VQT nodes located at various destinations. The supporting commands helps the VQT users to run the application installed on remote PC, get the connection status, run the analysis, load Auto Measurement configuration, start/stop Auto Measurement, save events captured to file, transfer the events captured to client, get any file from server or even get latest log, and other operations. The VQT CLI is supported on Windows® and Linux systems.
Screen Shot of Client Software
* Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Back to Complete Voice Quality Testing Solutions