Intrusive Network Voice Quality Testing
Network Monitor VQT Components |
Distributed VQuad™ Node |
Voice Quality Testing(VQT)
Voice Band Analysis (VBA) |
Echo Measurement Utility (EMU) Software |
NetTest from PC and Mobile devices |
Remote Client WebViewer™ |
VQuad™ Command Center |
Click here to get more information on "WebViewer™ Live Demo"
Today's telecommunication network is a combination of Wireless networks, VoIP networks and traditional PSTN networks. With voice communication
traversing through varieties of bearer networks, maintaining voice quality for Wireless networks and VoIP networks is very necessary because of the
limitations of their networking characteristics and technical immaturity.
In these years of development of modern telecommunication networks, implementations of new technologies such as NGN, 3G, 4G and LTE voice quality
has become critical to the customer. Service operators require a complete voice quality testing solution in order to verify the quality of their service, therefore
provide a better service for the customer.
The Network Monitor Voice Quality Testing solution from GL Communications provides a complete solution for Wireless, VoIP, TDM and PSTN telecommunication
Simple and effective methods of testing voice and data are sorely needed - GLís mobile test solution provides this capability with the flexibility of
connecting to and between any network, any service, and any interface.
The solution consists of 4 parts:
- Distributed VQuad™ Nodes - These nodes control individual or multiple wireless, landline
or VoIP telephony terminals. All the results including Voice, Data (NetTest), Video analysis, Echo measurements, Fax events are automatically transferred to
the Central Database for access via the GL WebViewer™.
- Voice Quality Testing Software (VQT) - provide PESQ LQ results based on ITU-P.862.1/2 specifications.
Fully automated and remotely accessible. All results are automatically transferred to the Central Database for access via the GL
WebViewer™. Included with the PESQ results are Jitter, Clipping, Signal and Noise Levels.
- Remote Client WebViewer™ - remotely access all results associated with the VQuad test
including Call Control (Call Failure and Call Dropped), Voice Quality, Round Trip Delay, One Way Delay, Echo Measurement, Data Testing, Fax events from PC or
Mobile Device. Provide user-defined reports as well as statistics. Remotely view status of entire network with ability to remotely control any node within network
from the WebViewer™ web page. Click here to view demonstration of Webviewer™.
- VQuad™ Command Center - The command center remotely controls multiple Distributed
VQuad™ Nodes (Network nodes or Distributed Degraded Voice Collecting Sites), performs voice quality analysis, and RTD measurements.
Network Monitor VQT Components
Distributed VQuad™ Node (Network Node)
VQuad™ Node Sites can connect to any mobile, landline or VoIP device and provide automated Voice and Data Quality analysis on the associated
network. Each individual node provides call control automation through scripts. VQuad™ Scripting, portability for mobile drive testing, remote accessibility,
and centralized data retrieval, analysis and control are just a few attributes of GLís next generation Voice and Data Testing solution.
Each VQuad™ node site can be equipped with interfaces for:
- Any Communication Device (Mobile phone, Smart phones (iPhone, Android), Military/Mobile radio, Bluetooth®, WiMax, WiFi)
- 2-Wire POTS (connect to PSTN, ATA, Media Gateway)
- 4-Wire Analog interfaces Balanced headset (mic/speaker), RJ22 (phone Handset), PTT (Push to Talk), and Mobile phones
- SIP Call Agent (simulate SIP softphone and configure Proxy and Registrar)
- VoIP Ethernet (connects directly to any SoftPhone or any digital/VoIP hardware phone)
- Analog / Digital / VoIP Phone Handsets
- T1 E1 (PRI ISDN/CAS) Interface, SS7 coming soon
The VQuad™ is used for Call Control of a variety of interfaces, VQT testing (transmitting sample Reference voice files and recording Degraded voice at the far-end), Network Delay testing, Echo Measurement testing, Data Testing (NetTest results from PC and Mobile Devices), Video Conference Testing, and Fax Tx Rx testing of the network. Each VQuad™ supports complete bi-directional testing.
Screen Shot of VQuad™
Voice Quality Testing (VQT) Software
GL's Voice Quality Testing (VQT) software requires two files for operation. These files are typically
referred to as the 'reference' and 'degraded' files. The software can act as a stand-alone product or
can work along side with other GL products, including VQuad™, DCOSS APS, PacketGen™, etc. After this
process has taken place the VQT software automatically compares the two files ('reference' and 'degraded')
and provides an ITU-standard score (POLQA, PESQ, PAMS and PSQM).
The algorithms supported by the GL VQT include
- Perceptual Objective Listening Quality Analysis (POLQA) per ITU-T P.863
- Perceptual Evaluation of Speech Quality (PESQ) per Rec. P.862.1 and P.862.2
- Allows users to perform manual or automated voice quality assessments
- VQT algorithm results - POLQA, PESQ LQ/LQO/WB, are displayed both in tabular as well as graphical formats.
- Evaluate audio quality with MOS, E-Model, SNR, jitter, clipping, signal level, noise level, and delay measurements
- Supports PESQ ITU-P.862.2 and POLQA for Wideband
- Supports POLQA ITU-T P.863 for next generation voice quality testing supporting NB (8000 sampling), WB (16000 sampling) and SWB (Super Wideband) (48000 sampling)
- All results along with call control information are sent to central database. Query results remotely using the WebViewer™.
- Command Line Interface (CLI) support to control VQT nodes remotely. Supported on Windows® and Linux
Click here to get more information on GLís Voice Quality Testing capabilities.
Screen Shot of VQT Main Screen
Voice Band Analysis (VBA)
The Near Real-time Voice-band Analyzer (VBA) is an analysis tool for monitoring voice band traffic over VoIP, TDM, 2-Wire, 4-Wire Analog and wireless networks.
All results from VBA are automatically sent to WebViewer™ central database (Oracle or MSAccess). The results that can be queried over web interface
include Active Speech Level, Activity Factor, RMS Factor, DC Level, Noise Level, Echo Return Loss, Echo Delay, and Echo Dispersion statistics along with the
additional analytical Call information.
For complete details, refer to Near Real-time Voice Band Analyzer webpage
Echo Measurement Utility (EMU) Software
The Echo Measurement Utility is used for Echo, delay, and voice quality analysis of voice calls in VoIP, TDM, 2-Wire, 4-Wire Analog, and Mobile networks
- Ability to automate the entire test process using VQuad™ scripting; including sending the results to the central database for access via GLís
- EMU uses EMU Client software to automatically detect the incoming degraded voice files and send the measurements to database after analysis
- Supports both line and acoustic echo measurements
For complete details, refer to Echo Measurement Utility webpage.
NetTest from PC and Mobile devices
GLís VQuad™ solution is enhanced to support Data Testing using the NetTest application from PC and from mobile device
(using Mobile Device Controller).
Using the VQuad™-NetTest package along with a standard PC internet connection, automated tests including TCP, UDP, HTTP, VoIP, Route, FTP, DNS
and SMS are supported. The PC internet connection can be wired Ethernet, WiFi, or even Broadband card (both LTE and 3G fully supported).
- Automated Data Testing (NetTest) including TCP, UDP capacity, VoIP, Route, HTTP, FTP, DNS and SMS.
- Statistics and complete results are available through the WebViewer for both Mobile Device NetTests and PC based NetTests.
- Note that the NetTest requires a GL Data Server at each target location. Mobile device communicates with Mobile Device Controller from anywhere in the world
- Note also that the Mobile Device requires a GL deployed app (Apple or Android based) for operation. Both IOS (iPhone/iPad) and Android supported with
downloadable GL app.
- Network independent, supports 3G, 4G, WiMax, and LTE. PC based supports WiFi, wired, and Broadband card (3G, 4G, LTE).
- Fully automated and remote testing with all results accessible via WebViewer™.
- Multiple interfaces connected to same VQuad™ providing simultaneous testing.
For complete details, refer to Automated Data Testing webpage.
Fax Analysis and Simulation
VQuad™ with Dual UTA HD supports sending and receiving up to 4 independent and simultaneous T.30 faxes. The user can configure the Tx and Rx fax rate
from 2400 baud to 33600 baud with V.34 fully supported. Interfaces supported for fax generation include 2-wire FXO and 4-wire analog. Support for additional
interfaces such as T1/E1 and VoIP (T.38) are coming soon.
- Capability of 4 independent and simultaneous T.30 faxes (selectable up to V.34).
- Supports fax rate ranging from 2400baud up to 33600baud (V.34 fully supported).
- Supports Fax Tx Rx for 2-wire analog (FXO) and 4-wire analog networks.
- VQuad™ Fax events include messages, summary, and errors log.
- Ability to auto save fax (both East and West directions) to PCM file for enhanced analysis using GL Insight™ and GL Fax Extractor.
- VQuad™ scripting supports fax send or receive sessionís configurations.
- Support for additional interfaces such as T1/E1 and VoIP (T.38) are coming soon.
For complete details, refer to Fax Emulation using VQuad™ webpage.
Remote Client WebViewer™
GL's WebViewer™ facilitates VQT, Call Control, DataTest (NetTest for PC and Mobile Devices) results, Video Test results, Echo Measurement, Fax Events and all VQuad™ associated results display using a simple web browser. The results are accessed from database that stores real-time and historic data.
The WebViewer™ is a simple, easy to use Web browser which can operate on both PC and Mac systems (including iPhone and iPad).
- Multiple VQT applications automatically save all results to a centralized VQT database.
- WebViewer™ queries the VQT central database and displays the results in both tabular and graphical formats.
- Multi-user support, and user-friendly interface is remotely accessible via browser based clients (PC and IOS devices supported).
- Display real-time status of the entire VQuad™ Network and remote control any of the nodes associated with the network
- Customize search with a variety of user-defined parameters to display all returned events per timestamp or per call.
- All results/statistics can be sent to user-defined reports for output to Text or Excel formats.
Click here to view live Webviewerô result log.
Screen Shot of WebViewer™
VQuad™ Command Center
VQuad™ Command Center controls all network node locations, with each node location comprising of
VQuad™ devices (Mobile Bluetooth® / landline phones / VoIP Terminal / FXO / TDM), or DCOSS APS.
The Command Center controls all distributed sites, including actions such as
- Central Monitoring - Controls and checks the status of all distributed network nodes in real-time. Each
Network Node executes individual scripts and is remotely controlled via the RCC VQuad™ Command Center
- Automation - Provides automation with flexible and easy to use scripting
- Scheduling - Initiates voice collecting tasks periodically for each site at user-defined time. VQuad™
Command Center customizes daily tasks or repeatable tasks for each VQuad™ Node) along with the entire region
- E-mail Support - is the ability to provide user-defined automated email associated with VQuad™ errors as well as VQT failed results.
The email alerts are user-defined and supports multiple email addresses
Screen Shot of VQuad™ Command Center
Screen Shot of File Monitor Utility
* Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Back to Network Test, Monitoring, & Surveillance
Solutions Index Page