Newsletter: GL Announces Test Capability for Voice Enhancement Devices & OC-3/STM-1 Client Server Software
Welcome to the third July Issue of GL Communication's Newsletter providing information and insight into the latest product introductions, reviews, and updates.
In this newsletter we introduce two new enhancements to existing products:
Test Capability for Voice Enhancement Devices
Voice Enhancement Devices are commonly deployed in wireless and packet networks susceptible to high background noise, echo, and other impairments that degrade voice quality.
GL has developed a suite of software designed to test the functionality of voice enhancement devices (per G.160), including voice quality tests (per P800/P861/P862), noise reduction
tests, automatic level control tests, and noise compensation tests. VQT (voice quality test) parameters, PESQ, PAMS, PSQM, etc., are graphically presented to display test results.
There are four (4) tests needed to fully evaluate the characteristics of voice enhancement devices. These tests are:
- NR (noise reduction) tests for the wireless to landline path,
- NC (noise compensation) tests for the landline to wireless path,
- ALC (automatic level control) tests for both directions
For a complete discussion and details of the software, please visit https://www.gl.com/voiceenhandvqt.html
OC-3 / STM-1 Analyzer Client-Server Capability
Client-Server capability to GL's OC-3 / STM-1 Analyzer was added to provide, automation and remoting capabilities to the OC-3 / STM-1 analysis platform.
OC-3 / STM-1 Server (OC3Server.exe) is the application that allows you to control a GL Communications' OC-3 / STM-1 Analyzer test set via TCP/IP. It runs under Microsoft Windows“ NT, 2000, and XP.
GL Client is a Windows-based application that is distributed with OC-3 / STM-1 Server as a sample client application. It runs under Microsoft Windows“ 95, 98, NT, 2000, and XP. The main features are:
- Controls GL's OC-3 / STM-1 card either locally or remotely.
- Automated testing through command scripts.
- Simplified command syntax using intelligent parsing and messaging system.
- Custom TCP/IP clients could be developed in any programming language to seamlessly integrate into your existing testing program.
- Free client software with source code is available for download.
Please review the above and give us a call if you are interested in GL's Client/Server enhancements to OC-3 / STM-1 Card, or our test capability for Voice Enhancement Devices, or other applications.
We would be happy to consult with you on solutions to your testing needs and we look forward to hearing from you.
Back to Latest News Page