T1 E1 Release Notes
What's New In Current Version 12.3.8
Please click here for previous versions
Features and enhancements in Version 12.3.8 - Released in Mar 2018
||Description of Enhancements / Bug Fixes
T1 E1 Analyzer Software
- Migration of Oscilloscope application from Quinn-Curtis to Codejock toolkit
- tProbe, USB T1/E1, Express, tScan, Octal, and tProbe/USB Lite Analyzer installations, can now be invoked in User and Admin modes.
- Single wrapper installer is provided to install T1/E1 Analyzer 64-bit and 32-bit installations.
- Enhanced BERT: When clicked on graph Y-axis plotted points, user can see the X and Y values in a read only edit box on top.
- MC-BERT – Supports Tx mode and error insertion option; improved automatic column resizing, optimized GUI usage.
- T1E1 Development Application Toolkit – Examples folder updated with more information; Support for 64-bit dlls for GLcomInterface included.
- Active Speech Level application - Allows viewing of the log file while the application is running; The log file is now updated after every write, so real-time users can see updates as they occur.
- Active Voice Level GUI module – The log file is now updated after every write, so real-time users can see updates as they occur.
- Default messaging version in WCS Server is now set to GLMSG_VERSION4 - By default when WCS server and WCS client GUI comes up it does not display any version choice, it's always v4 binary. To enable GUI in both WCS client and WCS server we provide a wile ‘WcsVersion.ba34’ in the directory WCS client and server. If users rename this file to ‘WcsVersion.ba’ they will trigger display of all selections of GUI controls (binary/ascii v3/v4) visible to user.
- tProbe T1/E1, and USB T1/E1 Analyzer are now supported on USB 3.0 ports
- All hardware card types have persistent port numbering now. Before if system crashes, reboots, USB ports reconnected, cards move in slots ports where reordered. Now ports are always ordered in the ascending order of corresponding board serial numbers.
- T1/E1 Analyzer now links with Remote Desktop Services API via the Wtsapi32.lib library
- The Oscilloscope and Spectral Display modules now include a method that checks the Current Session ID against the Console Session ID to determine whether the session is local or remote via RDT. Local sessions operate as they always have.
- SS1 Analyzer ported to 64-bit
- Includes HDL File Conversion launcher
- A FPGA file (usbng_app3.bit) added for HW version 3 boards. These changes affect the VF section which will require software gain changes for the VF Drop section
- Updated VF level to 150 ῼ in FPGA
- Default Configuration File – Modified Register 36h to 00H to transmit E1 national bits
- The Visual Basic 6, SP6 run-time redistributable is no longer executed at the beginning of the installation, but at the end of a completed installation.
- An additional installation bug with the tProbe E1 and T1 (32-bit) installations have been fixed, and now the applications can be invoked.
- Alarm Logging was overwritten each time Analyzer was started. This issue has been fixed.
- Automated record / playback blue screen issue fixed on tProbe when multiple instances with Tx are used.
- Enhanced BERT – The following issues have been fixed
- Application doesn't invoke if minimized and closed directly in minimized.
- Graphs 'Y' Axis min/max is not displayed according to the value captured.
- Application is crashing while closing the application (For both 32-bit and 64 bit).
- Application is showing Sync in One port and No sync in other port for loopback connection (for both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Soft T1 can now be invoked in User and admin modes
- Soft T1 Analyzer - # of ports have been increased from 255 to 1024
- Corrected internal driver structure for ESF format. (This fix was for a counter that is used in D4 mode but was missing in ESF mode for the Soft T1).
- Fixes included for Power level changes on Port #1 and #2 intermittently, crash on invoking DC Offset Monitor app, and Power Level Monitor app
- Fixed corrupted files in WCS due to incorrect task porting when max ports changes.
WCS Fax Simulator
- Buffer boundary check of Fax TX and RX data buffer to avoid overflow
- User option to enable/disable the tiff file recording
- User option to enable/disable the fax protocol related events during active call
- Fixes provided for Fax problems over the FXO-FXS interface
- Update has been made to create MTP2 links made of sub-channels
DDS Protocol Analyzer
Digital Data Service (DDS) Protocol Analyzer allows to capture and analyzer digital data at rates of 2.4kbps, 4.8kbps, 9.6kbps, 19.2kbps, 38.4kbps, 56kbps, 64kbps, N x 56kbps or N x 64kbps.The circuit can be in multiples of 56kbps or 64kbps (4 X 64kbps).
- Protocol Analyzers decode DLLs corrected to support multi-threaded offline filters and joining of periodically saved files. This also improves filtering performance.
- Displaying license library version in protocol analyzers.
- T1E1 TRAU PDA now supports Active Calls Graph window
- HDLC Tx Rx - Random Variable Frame Length Bucket option has been added to allow users to generate random frames of varying length values. Frames with different frame length values can be defined by distributing the total frames probability to 100%. For example, you can choose to define 50% of frames to be generated with the frame length between 10 – 20, rest 50% of frames to be generated with the frame length between 60-70. New submenu item ‘Join Multiple Files’ used with periodic file saving feature allows to merge multiple trace files and open in offline mode for analysis. This feature also works for the captured trace files saved with filters enabled.
- ISDN Analyzer - Support for ARINC746 decode is now included
- ATM Capture - Network, Bit inversion and Octet Bit Reversion port selection to get clear view for all ports.
- Protocol Identifier and Classifier - Added support to display only specific files while browsing
- Suitable warning messages are now provided while exiting protocol analyzer when capturing (real-time) in progress
- PPP Analyzer: Reassembled packets are now decoded
- Certain settings were required to properly decode the example trace files in offline mode. To help users know these settings, a Help note (ReadMe.txt) is included for Offline and Realtime PPP Analyzer (T1E1).
- TRAU offline traces corrected for compatibility issue. Updated *.hdltraces are placed in the T1E1 installation directory “C:\Program Files\GL Communications Inc\Octal Xpress T1 or E1 Analyzer\TRAU”
- Receive Counts were not updating for AAL2 Type –this issue has now been fixed
- Alarms are captured in Frame Relay Analyzer
- Corrected GUI glitch when closing protocol analyzer PROT and GUI options. Losing focus going into background.
- Corrected GUI active window focus returning to Protocol analyzer after we close capturing options. Issue with filter real-time
- Fixed issue - PPP Analyzer: Reassembled packets are displayed as Invalid Packet Structure
- Corrected view filter issue with fields from the data link layer.
- Corrected bugs in protocol analyzer exclude filter.
- Fix provided for application crashes, when periodic file saving is enabled, and disk becomes full, and while saving empty protocol analyzer trace files. Displays UI warning when user tries to save empty trace.
- Correction for the GUI issue - clicking tab in SA BITS Tx re-enables the entries
- Bug Fixes for TrauPda, WCS TRAU Emulator, TRAU Tool, and Digit Tone Generation
- Some options could be edited after starting transmission in TRAU Toolbox Playback application – this issue has been fixed
- WCS TRAU Emulator: Application crash observed while transmitting HDL file - this issue has been fixed
- When CAS Analyzer is started for few ports Command Queue is getting added in WCS Server (for both 32-bit and 64-bit) – this issue has now been fixed
- IMA Emulator: When both the FE and NE groups were in operational state if we delete the FE Group then the NE Group status was not changing. This issue has now been fixed
Octal T1 Analyzer (EMS)
Enhancements for Octal T1 Analyzer for EMS
- A push-to-talk option was added to the Round-Trip Delay (RTD) measurement procedure. Controls were added to allow the user to select this option and the RTD measurement code was updated to accommodate this measurement feature.
- Files needed to support this option were added to the EMS Files subfolder.
- During RTD delay measurements, an idle segment is transmitted at the beginning of file transmission to allow time for the channel under test to stabilize. This stabilization interval was reduced from 8 seconds to 2.5 seconds.
- The “Done” button was removed from the RTD Measurement (“Circuit Delay Test”) dialog. This button was found to be awkward and frequently pressed inadvertently in practice. Users now exit this dialog using the “X” button in the title bar.
- The user interface of the EMS Monitor has been enhanced to make button labels clearer, to make spin controls operate more intuitive, to signal to users when unsaved changes are pending, and to automatically load changes made to the EMS configuration in Microsoft Excel.
- The round-trip delay measurement can now use ADPCM-encoded files as well as Mu-Law PCM files.
- The round-trip delay measurement now supports the “triangulation” method as well as the standard method. There are now four RTD test files in “Octal Xpress T1 Analyzer\EMS Files” subfolder.
- Watchdog disabled, and current directory set to Exe directory before initializing GlComInterface
- Logging of ISR calls - The application now logs ISR information to a file named "C:\Temp\OctalIsrLog.txt". Logging is triggered when the application reads an application port register with address 0xFF
Enhancements for Octal E1 Analyzer for EMS
- Octal E1 Default Configuration File Change – Modified Register 36h to 00H to transmit E1 national bits – Enable SA Bits transmission
- National Bits configuration
- SA Bits Transmit Sections
- Modified default of ABCD bits to 1010 On-hook. SA Bits problem
- Resolved issue with SA bits HDLC Analyzer in Octal did not receive frames.
- WCS scripts and CSV files included in Octal T1 installation “USCG_CSV and Scripts” subfolder
- The color scheme of the GUI is changed
- Loading a configuration, immediately applies it to the application
- Changes made in MS Excel are immediately applied on exiting Excel
- Write to file on slow DTRs corrected.
- Fixed Datacom error when user-defined frequencies are to be added, the lower DTR 300 Hz cannot be selected
- Fixed update frequency issue in the monitoring window
- Datacom Enhanced Bert - BPV errors were not relevant, these were removed.
- MAPS™ CLI -
- MAPS CLI now supports Python Clients for ISDN, ISUP, and CAS protocols
- Folder structure has been changed to assemble all the clients (Java, Python, TCL, and VB) to one MAPS CLI folder
- serverHealthStatus() API is included to check the status of the MAPSCLI Server and GL Server for ISDN, CAS and ISUP, LAPD and MTP3 Link Status (for ISDN and ISUP) respectively.
- ISDN, CAS and ISUP example scripts are updated to handle serverHealthStatus() API.
- Java Clients now supports Server health status API
- Corrected traffic report events in TCL scripts
- Updated call procedures for MAPS-MAP
- Added support for changing color for each point/bar in graph.
- Added MAPS GUI configuration file for ISDN, ISUP, GSM
- MAPS CLI Server works in User mode (without admin privileges) as well as Admin mode
- Updated MAPS ISDN with ARINC 746 Protocol Standard
- MAPS™ now includes a new Script Editor interface that provides a user friendly, and quicker way to find not only all commands, but also easily find defined variables, import/export files, message templates, labels, globally defined timers, and to load and edit multiple scripts at a time.
- Addition of LDK version in Maps Help->About Maps
- Added functionality to enable and disable of License Configuration menu through Maps_GUI_Config.ini
- Statistics get updated for hidden scripts
- Added Microsecond precision to Timestamp in Message Sequence
- MAPS FXOFXS
- FXOFXS CAMA monitoring script updated to improve DTMF detection when digits occur on top of dial tone.
- MAPS Scripts and Profiles are updated (Global variables are now Local for tone parameters).
- MAPS CAS
- CLI_CAS.gls, CAMA_Originating.gls script and CAMA_Profiles updated - gives users ability to define Stop Pulse type when sending ANI.
- Fix included – MAPS™ ISDN Conformance
- Complete Message is not available when impaired
- Failed to generate Test Pass/Fail report file (PDF). MAPS ISDN Conformance now includes updated XMLReportGen.exe and MAPS Shutdown.gls for report generation issue
- Fixed issue: Running " FXO CAMA monitor.gls" MAPS™ FXO FXS was not displaying graph continuously in 'User Defined Graph' window.
- Scripts have been updated to include ISDN and SS7 profiles for all variants with Called and Calling numbers.
- Fix provided for shrinking of child windows in MAPS Project.
- Fixed MAPS-CLI issue for VB
- License installer updated - New LDK dongle license installers, GLLdkDongleLicenseInstaller_x64.exe and GLLdkDongleLicenseInstaller_x86.exe are used for licensing and these are backward compatible with the old dongle license installers.
- Offline Protocol Analyzers have been relinked with new dongle licensing libraries
- MAPS, VBA, PDA, and CDR applications have been relinked with new dongle licensing libraries
- SCTPROTANUI.chm (for protocol analyzers)