Newsletter: GL Introduces Enhanced T1 E1 Analyzer Software Ver 4.91
Welcome to the November issue of GL's Newsletter providing information and insight into our latest products and enhancements.
This month we introduce our latest software and feature enhancements to our T1 E1 Analyzer product (Version 4.91).
A brief summary of new applications introduced for T1/E1 Analyzers in Version 4.91 is given below:
- CDMA 2000 Protocol Analyzer
This new protocol analyzer for 3G (Third Generation) CDMA 2000 mobile networks can be used to analyze and view protocols across A1 (between Base Station Controller and Mobile Switching Center), A3 and A7 (between two Base Station Controllers), A9 (between Base Station Controller and Packet Control Function), and A11 (between Packet Control Function and PDSN) signaling interfaces. For more details on this, please refer to CDMA 2000 Protocol Analyzer web page.
- TRAU Toolbox™
GL's TRAU Toolbox™ application is a powerful & flexible protocol simulation tool for generating and receiving GSM traffic. Users can create TRAU GSM traffic sessions by specifying the device number, channel, & subchannel. TRAU Toolbox™ can emulate either a TRAU node (at BSC or MSC end) or a CCU node (at BTS end) including the compression/decompression of speech that takes place at the TRAU or Mobile side. For more details on this, please refer to TRAU Toolbox™ web page.
- Remote Protocol Analyzers for SS7, ISDN, GR303, V5.X, and HDLC
The new suite of remote protocol analyzers includes SS7, ISDN, GR303, V5.X, and HDLC protocols. An HDLC Transmit Frames plug-in in Windows Client Server (WCS) enables the remote analyzers to connect to the T1/E1 analyzer (server) remotely and perform the requisite analysis.
- Tcl (Tool Command Language) Client for WCS
Tcl is a very powerful and easy to learn dynamic programming language. GL's Tcl Client application is distributed freely with GL's Windows Client Server (WCS) application. It allows users to connect remotely to GL's T1/E1 analyzer via TCP/IP and perform various functions such as Intrusive / Non-Intrusive T1/E1 Testing, Monitoring Byte Values, Power level, Frequency, DC Offset, Transmit Tone, Digits, Signaling Bits, Error Insertion, Playback and record a data file, and so forth. Tcl provides a simple scripting language, with programming features such as looping, procedures, and variables that allows user to use the vast range of commands in the WCS Server. For more details on this, please refer to Tcl Client web page.
Other significant software enhancements to the T1 E1 Analyzer - Version 4.91 include:
- Enhancements to Protocol Analyzers
- ATM Analyzer - The ATM analyzer now supports complete analysis across UNI interfaces. The analyzer can decode different ATM protocols like ATM, AAL2 Protocols (CPS-SDU, SSSAR-SDU, and SSCS), AAL5 (CPCS), and UNI across etc across U plane and C plane of UNI and NNI interface. For more details on this, please refer to ATM Protocol Analyzer web page.
- SS7 Analyzer - Call trace feature in SS7 Analyzer is now enhanced to include SMS decoding within MAP. For more details on this, please refer to SS7 Protocol Analyzer web page.
- UMTS Analyzer - These protocol analyzers are enhanced to include AMR decoding, and new call trace features. For more details on this, please refer to UMTS Protocol Analyzer web page.
- Protocol Configuration Settings - An added flexibility of selecting the Devices, Timeslots (Channels), and Subchannels is provided using a new feature known as Data Link Group Specification for HDLC-based protocols such as SS7, ISDN, GR303, V5, and HDLC. In addition to this, the Periodic Trace Saving feature is enhanced to save the frames satisfying the filtering criteria set previously using Capture Filter dialogue.
- Enhancements to Windows Client Server
Server functionality for T1/E1 Analyzers has been enhanced to include Bit Inversion, Multichannel Bert functionality, and other new commands such as activate rx [bd-spec], activate tx [bd-spec], deactivate rx [bd-spec], deactivate tx [bd-spec], sync tx multiframes [bd-spec], inform task [params], and claim task. These commands include new functionalities to WCS by providing synchronization between Tx and Rx operations, and improved client-server interaction messages.
The improved features in GL Server enables better and accurate results to be output, even while performing a voluminous monitoring tasks that output results every 5-10 seconds. For more details, refer to Windows Client Server web page.
- Enhancements to HD Cards
Xilinx loads "t1pass.bit" and "e1pass.bit" are modified to improve multichannel BERT performance.
There have been many other minor enhancements and bug fixes to the T1/E1 software. Kindly refer to the "What's New In Current Versions" link for further details.
Back to Latest News Page