GL Expands SONET/SDH Testing to OC-192/STM-64 Rates
Welcome to another issue of GL's Newsletter providing information and insight into our enhanced SonetExpert™ test platform for High-Speed OC-3/STM-1 to OC-192/STM-64 Analysis and Emulation.
GL's SonetExpert™ is a comprehensive SONET/SDH testing solution covering a wide range of testing (for both Channelized and Unchannelized SONET/SDH Networks).
GL's SonetExpert™ is a USB-based hardware platform capable of performing both Channelized (OC-3/STM-1 and OC-12/STM-4) and Unchannelized (OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, OC-48/STM-16, and OC-192/STM-64) testing over SONET/SDH networks
GL's SonetExpert™ Channelized Analyzer is capable of OC-3/STM-1 and OC-12/STM-4 wire-speed processing on optical ports meant for SONET/SDH channelized data-carrying many independent unframed/framed T1 and E1 streams.
The channelized analyzer comprises hardware and software for capturing, monitoring, emulating, and analyzing protocols over SONET-SDH links. SonetExpert™ analyzer - with optical ports supports Channelized SONET and SDH mapping of T1/E1 payload. In this mode, SonetExpert™ supports direct access to all 336 T1 or 252 E1 channels on an OC-12/STM-4 line for analysis and simulation – all within a single PC. Its main advantage is that any of the T1/E1 or DS0 test requirements can be met without resorting to electrical access and cumbersome, expensive, and time-consuming cabling and setup.
The Unchannelized Analyzer is a web-based application that supports Bit Error Rate Testing over SONET/SDH networks for rates OC-3 / STM-1, OC-12 / STM-4, OC-48/STM-16, and OC-192/STM-64 rates.
It supports BER Traffic generation and verification of various PRBS and user-defined test patterns. Various Error insertions like Bit Error Insertion, B1/B2/B3 BIP Error insertion, Alarm generation, and more, etc.
GL also offers High-Density mTOP™ 1U/2U rackmount enclosures within which multiple SonetExpert™ hardware units are stacked to provide a high-density form factor solution for testing multiple Sonet/SDH lines. It is a perfect Sonet/SDH test tool for customers who require multi-port testing but are constrained by lab space
GL also offers a stand-alone mTOP™ Probe hardware variant of SonetExpert, where a SonetExpert™ hardware unit is coupled with a built-in SBC (Single Board Computer), to make it a compact, portable tool, ideal for field testing.
- Protocol Analysis and Emulation:
- Comprehensive protocol analysis and emulation - HDLC, SS7, ISDN, CAS, PPP, Frame Relay, ATM, UMTS, and more
- Analyze/emulate voice, data, fax, protocols, analog and digital signals, including echo and voice quality
- Scan traffic:
- Scans the received OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, OC-48/STM-16, and OC-192/STM-64 traffic and specifies the mapping, tributary type [T1/E1], equipped/unequipped status of the tributaries
- Data capture and playback:
- Capture and transmit at wirespeed to/from hard disk on all interfaces
- Capture traffic for off-line analysis and playback the captured traffic
- Alarm Monitoring and Insertion:
- Real-time monitoring of various SONET/SDH alarms like:
- Interface related alarms like Tx/Rx Power and Tx/Rx Clock Frequency, Loss of Signal (LOF)
- Section related alarms like Loss of Frame (LOF), Out of Frame (OOF), B1
- Line related alarms like AIS-L, RDI-L, B2, REI-L
- Path-related alarms like AIS-P, LOP-P, RDI-P, UNEQ-P, B3, REI-P, PLM, All Ones, PLM, etc.
- Alarms are plotted on a graph continuously every second. Users can view Alarm events for up to 7 days
- Loss Of Frame, AIS-L, RDI-L, AIS-P, LOP-P, RDI-P, and UNDEQ-P Alarm generation
- B1/B2/B3, REI-L, REI-P Error Insertion
- BERT testing:
- Full line-rate BERT testing over Unchannelized OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, OC48/STM16, and OC-192/STM-64 - testing the big pipe as a whole
- BERT testing over Packet Over Sonet (PoS) and ATM on OC3/STM1 and OC12/STM4
- Supports industry standards PRBS patterns 29-1, 211-1, 215-1, 220-1, 223-1, 229-1, and 231-1, all one's, all zero's, alternate ones and zeros, and 4 byte 32 bits user-defined test patterns. Also supports Pattern inversion
- Bit Error and Pattern Sync loss are also monitored and plotted on a graph for up to 7 days
- Bit Error Insertion - both single and Rate error supported
- T1/E1 Analysis and Simulation:
- 2x Channelized OC-3 STM-1/OC-12 STM-4 SONET/SDH interfaces per SonetExpert™ for simulating and monitoring in both directions
- Configure the number of T1 E1 channels to be multiplexed or demultiplexed to/from OC-3/12 STM-1/4
- Broadcasts the selected T1/E1 channel data on all the 252 E1’s or 336 T1’s
- Direct access to any or all T1s and E1s
- 2 x 336 T1’s x 24 DS0s = 16,128 DS0s
- 2 x 252 E1’s x 31 DS0s = 15,624 DS0s