Newsletter: GL Announces Enhanced ML-PPP Analysis and Emulation Software
Welcome to the November issue of GL Communications' Newsletter providing information and insight into our product
ML-PPP Analyzer and Emulator - A tool that emulates and analyzes Point-to-Point (PPP), Multi-Link
Point-to-Point (MLPPP), and Multi-Class MLPPP protocols.
Multilink Protocol (MLPPP) allows splitting, recombining, and sequencing datagrams across multiple data links into a single logical
pipe or bundle.
ML-PPP has wide application for access lines to Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and enterprises that need "single pipes" greater
than one T1 but less than 28 T1s. ML-PPP is similar to IMA (Inverse Multiplexing over ATM), in the sense that larger bandwidth is derived
by aggregating smaller physical channels. The Multi-Class Extension to Multi-Link PPP allows a sender to fragment the packets of
various priorities into multiple classes of fragments, and allows high-priority packets to be sent between fragments of lower priorities.
GL's flexible and versatile applications in T1E1 Analyzer allow complete PPP, MLPPP, & MC-MLPPP Analysis & Emulation. The T1E1
Analyzers are available as powerful HD PCI cards as well as portable USB based units.
MC-MLPPP using Cient Server
GLís MC-MLPPP Emulator allows traffic generation and verification over PPP links using industry standard Client-Server technology,
which may be accessed through a GUI for manual testing or through command line scripts for automation.
- Supports up to 8 T1/E1 Full or Fraction Links
- LCP with PPP, MLPPP, and Multi-class negotiation options
- Control Protocol negotiation using IPCP
- Multi-Class over MLPPP
- MC/MLPPP payload traffic generation and reception using Sequence number, HDL file (containing packets/frames),
Flat Binary file, and User defined frame (ASCII HEX file) for each class independently
Learn More >>
ML-PPP Analyzer (GUI Based)
The MLPPP Analyzer captures a host of PPP protocols exchanged between the two nodes over T1/E1 links & provides useful
analysis, which includes distribution of protocols, protocol fields, frame lengths and frame status. The PPP Analyzer has the ability to
decode PPP, MLPPP, and MC-MLPPP packets.
Back to Latest News Page
- Ability to test and analyze HDLC based PPP protocol in synchronous environment
- A single instance of the analyzer supports reassembly and decoding of multiple MLPPP bundles simultaneously. Each MLPPP
bundle is created by selecting groups of timeslots on various cards. Each group of timeslot selection can have different data rates.
- Ability to capture and decode both PPP routed protocols, PPP bridged protocols , MLPPP, and MC-MLPPP streams of data
- Ability to test and perform numerous measurements across WAN- LAN or LAN-LAN connection
- Supports various data transmission rates starting from fractional DS0 to DS1 (subchannels). Frames can be captured in either,
n x 64 kbps, or n x 56 kbps data channels
Learn More >>