Wirespeed All - IP Packet Capture and Analysis
Nov 2020 0:46:48
Presented by : Dr. Vikram Kulkarni, Mike Yang, Prasad Maiya
Easily capturing All-IP traffic up to 10 Gbps and analyzing hundreds of protocols including Voice over IP (VoIP) is one of the challenges faced by the telecom industry. Now with GL's PacketScanPX™ application, the features of PacketScan™ analyzer with the capabilities of PacketExpert™ hardware, provide a very powerful yet simple platform
- for interfacing with wide breadth of Ethernet interfaces, from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- for powerful wirespeed detection and filtering
- for capturing and analyzing IP traffic
PacketExpert™ hardware (PXN100) is a versatile Ethernet testing tool, with various testing functionalities, one of which is the wirespeed filtering and capture functionality. A Quad port unit, with 2 - 10 Gbps SFP+ ports, and 2 - 10/100/1000 Mbps Electrical/Optical ports. For some of the functionalities, the 10 Gbps SFP+ ports can be downshifted to support 1Gbps ports, thus offering 4 Electrical / 4 Optical 1 Gbps ports for Ethernet testing. SFP ports can be used as RJ45 ports by plugging in the appropriate Electrical (Copper) SFPs. The same 10Gbps ports can also be converted to 2.5Gbps Electrical interface using appropriate SFPs.
PacketScanPX™ can capture on 10 Gbps or 1 Gbps ports. PacketExpert™ hardware allows user to capture either at full wirespeed of up to 10 Gbps up to a limit of 8 GBytes (using the built-in 8 GB DDR3 memory) or apply a filter and capture continuously at a reduced rate of around 2 Gbps (actual rate may vary depending on the capture conditions). Traffic can be captured on both ports simultaneously (i.e in each direction).
GL's PacketScan™ - an All-IP Network Monitoring software offers powerful features to capture and monitor live signaling and traffic over IP (version 4 and 6). The application can capture, segregate, monitor and collect statistics of all types of calls over IP. Almost all VoIP and Wireless protocols and traffic types over IP network, as listed here, can be captured, and decoded for troubleshooting network problems.
- Capture and analyze Ethernet/IP traffic on either 1G ports or 10G ports (two 1G ports or two 10G ports)
- Capture and analyze at full wirespeed, up to 8 Gigabytes of traffic utilizing the onboard 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- Capture and analyze continuously at reduced rates of up to 2 Gbps (depends on the conditions)
- Complex Filtering capabilities to filter incoming wirespeed traffic at the hardware level, and forward to the packet analyzer
- Create up to 16 user defined hardware filters per port to filter-out traffic based on MAC, VLAN, IP, MPLS, TCP, UDP, Frame size and Raw Hex Bytes parameters
- PacketScanPX™ can monitor progress of up to 2000 simultaneous calls with bidirectional RTP traffic
For more information on PacketScanPX™, please see our website: PacketScanPX™ - Wirespeed filter, capture and analysis