Synchronous Record-Playback for Mission Critical Data
GL’s Synchronous Trunk Record/Playback (or STRP) application has both Record and Playback features that permits the user to synchronously record any type of traffic (voice, digits, and tones) on TDM facilities such as T1 E1, T3 E3, OC-3/STM-1 lines. Playback of some or all of the recorded data permits the user to recreate the transmission exactly as it occurred.
The STRP application records the live T1 E1 traffic, and saves it to a file. The file naming convention is based on coordinated universal time (UTC) with the precision of 100 nano seconds intervals. UTC-based time is loosely defined as the current date and time of day in Greenwich, England.
Possible applications include:
- A dispersed / coordinated mission that involves long and large communications over standard T1 E1 lines. Such a mission can be recorded and replayed precisely for diagnostic, regression, and training purposes
- Record and Replay of precise and exact full duplex T1 E1 communications during a 1st Responder / Homeland Security crisis
- Record and Replay of critical periods in a crisis
- Record traffic on all 24 T1 channels (or all 32 E1 channels) for a specified duration or continuously
- For large capacity, GL’s Octal T1 E1 boards can record and playback on up to 192 T1 channels and 256 E1 channels per board. More scalability can be achieved with multiple boards
- Synchronously Record & Playback live T1 E1 traffic on multiple T1 E1 trunks
- Schedule recording to auto start recording of T1 E1 traffic on a specified Date and Time (Day, Month, Year, Hour, Minute, and Second).
- The recorded files can be played back with the Playback feature
- Recording is performed using A-Law, and µ-Law codec
- Mark the events as you playback recorded files. Jump to the event directly to start playing back from this event point
- Most valuable application for critical data analysis in defense and research activities
Records all the incoming T1 E1 traffic on the selected T1 E1 ports (lines).
Records Live T1 E1 traffic for a specified duration of time. The Countdown Time display remaining time duration.
Automatically start recording Live T1 E1 traffic as per the schedule. Traffic can be recorded continuously or for a specified duration.
Playback feature provides options to load the recorded files per Mission. Once the file is loaded, you can observe the Mission Name, total duration, Start and End time of the recorded file.
User Defined Events
During playback events can be marked and defined at a particular time. Once the event is defined, user can jump to the event time position. For example, if there are two different voices recorded in the file, then user can mark and jump to that event to listen to a particular voice.
Provides Play, Continuous Playback, Pause, Stop, Backward, and Forward features to listen to a recorded file.
Other Record and Playback Applications
Other Record and Playback applications available with T1 E1 Analyzer are listed below -
- Record / Playback Disk Files
- Record from Multiple Cards
- Automated Record Playback
- Automated Continuous Capture
- Transmit/Receive File Utility
Please Note: The XX in the Item No. refers to the hardware platform, listed at the bottom of the Buyer's Guide, which the software will be running on. Therefore, XX can either be ETA or EEA (Octal/Quad Boards), PTA or PEA (tProbe Units), UTA or UEA (USB Units), HUT or HUE (Universal Cards), and HDT or HDE (HD cards) depending upon the hardware.