Voice, Video, & Data Quality Tests
Directly from Smartphones
|Welcome to another April 2017 issue of GL Communications' Newsletter providing information and insight into our Android Apps for Voice, Video and Data Quality Testing - Voice Analysis including POLQA MOS, Video Conference testing with Video/Audio MOS, and Data Testing supporting a wide array of data tests, over any network including 3G, 4G, LTE, 5G, and beyond. Tests are executed directly from the phone making it extremely portable.
GL offers two mobile phone Apps - GLNetTestVQT app for performing Voice tests, and GLNetTest app for performing Video and Data tests, both can run simultaneously on same device. The architecture diagram below depicts the GL Mobile Apps (GLNetTestVQT requires Android Rooted device for Voice Tests, and GLNetTest supports any Android or IOS non-rooted device for Video and Data Tests). In addition to the Mobile apps, the GL VQuad™ supports full remote and automated operation of the Mobile apps while also providing Voice end points to the mobile devices for Voice Quality testing.
Voice Quality Testing using Android device application (GLNetTestVQT App)
GLNetTestVQT - Voice Quality Testing
GL’s GLNetTestVQT app, supported on rooted Android devices, can perform both manual and automated Voice Quality Testing within the network. The app includes features to -
- Place and receive voice calls over the network - establish a voice call
- Play pre-recorded voice files and Record incoming audio over the established call
- Support Manual and fully Automated (scripted) operation
- Recorded voice files automatically transferred to the Central System for Voice Quality Analysis using POLQA (ITU-P.863)
- Run pre-defined test scripts which can use the phone’s GPS time for proper synch between the two ends of the call
- Ability to plot Voice Test results on Google maps
The Call Control as well as the Send/Record voice functions can be run directly from the GLNetTestVQT app or remotely from VQuad™
using predefined VQuad™ scripts. GL WebViewer™
is used for retrieving and displaying the results and events directly from a web browser.
Using this solution, testing can be accomplished between two rooted Android phones (both running the GLNetTestVQT app) or between the Android phone and any device connected to GL's VQuad™
with Dual UTA HD
Voice call between 2 rooted Phones (GLNetTestVQT app)
Voice call between rooted Phone (GLNetTestVQT app) and mobile device connected to Dual UTA HD
GLNetTest - Video and Data Testing
app, running on any Android or IOS mobile device, performs both Video Conference
and Data testing
. The Video Conference testing, between any Android device and a Central Server, includes the ability to specify the exact Video parameters while returning Video and Audio MOS along with a variety of Video metrics.
The Data Testing includes TCP, UDP, VoIP, HTTP, FTP, and DNS testing from the mobile device. Results are returned to the mobile device while also saved to the Central Database. Both the Video and Data tests can be run manually or fully automated using the VQuad™ scripting.
Video and Data Testing
In a nut shell, the GLNetTest
, installed and running on your mobile phone,can support full testing of any network, anytime and from anywhere. Manual and Remote Automated operation is supported along with easy access to all results using the GL WebViewer™
. In fact, not only can you view results in tabular and graphical formats, you can also plot results on Google Maps – great for drive or walk testing.
VQuad™ for Automated Voice Test
Central Analysis System
(remote retrieval of test results)
- Flexible and versatile VQuad™ scripts for fully automated voice, video, and data quality testing. Automate and control any mobile device running GLNetTest through VQuad™ scripting
- GL VQuad™ with Dual UTA HD includes physical interfaces for 2-wire analog (FXO), 4-wire analog, PTT (Push to Talk mobile radios), and Bluetooth (control any mobile phone)
- Remotely control GLNetTest and GLNetTestVQT apps using VQuad™ scripting
- Both Manual and Automated tests supported
Visit Data testing webpage for more details.
- Centralized system to perform quality analysis and tests on the recorded files, and update results to Central Database
- Process can be completely automated or manually performed
- Supports POLQA (ITU-T P.863) and PESQ (ITU-T P.862.1/.2)
- Results are displayed both in tabular format as well as graphically
- All results are saved to file and database for post processing
Visit Video Quality Testing webpage for more details.
- WebViewer™ (web based application) to view/query results from central analysis system
- Results include, POLQA MOS, Speech Level Gain (dB), Noise Level Gain (dB), Jitter(ms), Delay(ms), Video and Audio MOS, Data Results, and Call Progress events (including failures)
- Results with GPS co-ordinates are plotted on Google Maps
- All results can be output to file or customized reports
Visit WebViewer™ webpage for more details.
Back to Latest News Page