GL's Solution for Load Testing Call Centers
GL possesses solutions to test call center functionality by automatically generating hundreds of calls from a lab environment or over the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). GL's Bulk Call Generation for Load Testing Call Centers can test Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Voicemail (VM) functionality, and measure voice quality for IP, Wireless and TDM Networks.
Testing call volume and routing is essential for Call Centers to confirm uninterrupted operation. GL Communications can generate hundreds of calls through the PSTN - at a sustained call rate - to your Call Center to test the telecommunications infrastructure and services. These calls can be generated as a service or directly from your lab environment by deploying the Call Generation test equipment.
Calls can be generated to any network including VoIP, TDM, and Mobile. In addition to testing call density, GL can also test IVR and VM functionality of the Call Center while also confirming Voice Quality.
Tens of thousands of companies and organizations rely on Call Centers to fulfil their mission critical capabilities and business functions including:
- 911 and Emergency Services
- Customer Support
- Long Distance Services
These Call Centers can be overloaded in disaster situations or unexpected events. Therefore, organizations use redundant telecommunications connections to the outside world (PRI, SIP trunks, etc.). It is essential to test if these trunks properly rollover under high load.
The GL solution uses the proprietary MAPS™ (Message Automation and Protocol Simulation) application to generate the calls while also generating the necessary traffic. The calls are fully customizable including the ability to send pre-recorded audio, tones, and digits. The call duration and call rate can also be controlled.
MAPS™ is a multi-protocol and multi-interface emulation software with a common framework to support emulation of a variety of signaling protocols and traffic generation including voice, tones, digits, fax, data, and video. It covers legacy PSTN, next generation VoIP, wireless equipment, interfaces, and networks. Interfaces can be Analog, TDM, IP/Ethernet or Wireless.
Bulk Call Generation for Load Testing Call Centers
GL's test equipment is hosted in the cloud can make calls to any destination worldwide.
- Generate hundreds of calls through the PSTN - at a sustained call rate - to your Call Center to test the telecommunications infrastructure and services
- These calls can be generated as a service or directly from your lab environment by deploying test equipment
- Calls can be generated to any network including VoIP, TDM, and mobile
- Call capacity of the Bulk Call Generation Solution include:
- PSTN Calls, up to 1000 sustained calls at 4 calls/s
- VoIP Calls, up to 2000 sustained calls at 30 calls/s
- VQT testing on both ends for both PSTN and VoIP
- IVR and VM traversal on both PSTN and VoIP
- Calls to anywhere in the world
- Customize all parameters of the test as shown below
- Number of simultaneous calls
- Number of calls per second
- Can send voice files or tones. Digits for IVR
- GL can do this at any time during the week or weekend, etc.
- GL will monitor the test in real-time
The following are typical applications where GL's bulk call generator tools can be used:
- Test PBX, switch, gateways/routers
- Test IVR, voicemail, VoIP phones
- Generate hundreds of sustained calls with high call rate
- Voice, digits, tones, data, traffic generation
- Automate regression testing
- Feature testing
- Voice/data quality, Quality of Service