Enhanced Voice and Data Testing Solutions
Welcome to another March, 2014 issue of GL's Newsletter providing information and insight into our enhanced and versatile Voice and Data Quality Testing Solutions: VQuad™, WebViewer™, and Mobile Device Controller.
In an era of rapid advancements in communication technology, leading transformation in the realm are the technologies such as LTE, Advanced LTE, WiMax, 3G, and Broadband Internet. As these technologies are becoming ubiquitous, basicvoice/data quality will ultimately determine the fate of carriers and end equipment manufacturers. Simple and effective methods of testing voice and data are basic requirements - GL's mobile test solution provides this capability with the flexibility of connecting to and between any network, any service, and any interface.
Typical networks that are supported by GL's VQuad™ - Dual UTA hardware/software include Wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth®, 3G, 4G, LTE, VoLTE), Broadband Internet (3G, 4G), VoIP SIP, PSTN, and TDM. Automated testing using GL's VQuad™includes the following attributes:
- Scripting with variable parameters
- Portability for mobile drive testing
- Remote accessibility from CLI or WebViewer™
- Centralized data retrieval along with mapping to Google Maps
- Analysis of Voice and Data
The VQuad™ (Voice VQuad™) software is used for automated call control as well as to automatically send and record voice files from most any type of network (Wireless, VoIP, TDM, & Analog). VQuad™ supports up to 8 telephony devices simultaneously. A minimum of two telephony nodes are required for transferring files, either within same VQuad™ Node or between multiple geographically separated VQuad™ Nodes.
Important Enhancements within VQuad™
GL's VQuad™ with VoIP option, along with VQT, provides the ability to perform manual or automated tests on the VoIP network.
- VQuad™ now supports multiple SIP cores (upto 4) with option to configure parameters such as 'Cnonce' and re-registration timer. The VQuad™ SIP allows placing calls between VoIP phones with different user agents.
- Along with the SIP option, the VQuad™ with Dual UTA is great for testing ATAs and Softphones while connected to the VoIP Network (or isolated within the VQuad™ system - fully test an ATA without Network interference).
- The VQuad™ software is supported on Windows® 7 and 8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- VQuad™ Auto Configuration feature provides a simplified way to build user-defined configurations. As part of the Auto Configuration, the user can configure call control and traffic parameters (Tx Rx Files / Digits/ Tones, VQT, POLQA analysis, Echo Measurement (EMU), Delay Measurements (RTD/OWD), SNR, C-Message, Path Confirmation) as well as NetTest Data Testing from PC or Mobile Device.
- The VQuad™ now installs many test scripts for most any testing requirement including:
- Balanced - includes VQT and path confirmation testing
- Bluetooth -includes VQT and Delay measurements with full call control
- FXO - includes VQT and Delay measurements along with and Fax testing
- NetTest - includes PC based and Mobile based Data testing
- PTT - VQT and Delay measurements with various synching methods
- Send Info to Central Database - All results, events, errors are sent to the Central Database with the optional WebViewer™. These events can be searched and filtered in a variety of ways to display in both graphical and tabular format. Results can be sent to custom reports, Excel, PDF, or Google Maps with custom pins and pop-up info bubbles. Along with displaying queried results, the WebViewer™ can remote access any connected VQuad™ and display Network Status of all Connected VQuad™ Nodes as well as Status of all connected Mobile Devices (NetTest).
Other important Features Include:
- The VQuad™ Probe is a single box solution which includes VQuad™, Dual UTA and PC. The VQuad™ Probe is portable for drive testing or leaving behind as a network probe, yet powerful enough to be used as a central node of the network (optional rack mountable).
- Complete automation with enhanced scripting and remote operation including traffic generation and call control scripting. Additional commands available for Bluetooth® enabled Mobile phones including RSSI, Battery Level, and Network identity. Local VQuad™ can control remote VQuad™ systems to expand testing for an entire network. All results and events are automatically transferred to the Central Database
- Auto configuration option for simple out of the box setup within minutes
- Remote operation using the WebViewer™ (web browser) or Command Line Interface (CLI) from both Windows and Linux based systems
- VQuad™ Dual UTA supports NB, WB and SWB codecs. This is great when connected to VoIP networks or VoLTE networks (includes Bluetooth WB testing).
- VQuad™ SIP option includes support for all VoIP Codecs. A more comprehensive list of codecs and their details with respective voice quality is provided at this link Codec Listings.
Important Enhancements within WebViewer™
GL's WebViewer™ is used to query and filter all results/events/errors from connected VQuad™ Probes. Current status of the entire test is displayed along with customized user statistics and results of the active tests.
- The WebViewer™ Statistics enhanced for customized filtering and display
- The WebViewer™ Customized Reports provides more flexibility for generating outputs linked to any parameter and any table within the database.
- Enhanced graphical outputs with more user-flexibility and control
- Node Management Capabilities -
- Includes node management capability supporting remote auto software upgrade on all nodes within the network
- Monitor the status of each node within the network. WebViewer™ displays real-time status of entire network with ability to remotely access any node within network.
- VQuad™ Auto Remote Control function provides simple single-button remote operation of any VQuad™ node within the network.
- WebViewer™ supports email alerts based on communication faults or results below user-defined thresholds.
- WebViewer™ supports restrict access permissions based on user configuration
- Google Maps feature added to WebViewer™ for displaying results with customized pins/thresholds. Also supports mapping all VQuad™ Probes and all NetTest Mobile Devices within the Network.
Important Enhancements within Mobile Device Controller
GL's Mobile Device Controller (MDC) provides a liaison to all supported Apple/Android based mobile devices for conducting data NetTests. The Data Tests can be remotely configured and automated from within any VQuad™ node irrespective of the mobile device proximity to the VQuad™ node.
Specifically for smart phones, the VQuad™ can fully automate the data tests to any GL app equipped phone irrespective of whether the device is on a voice call or not. The testing is fully automated with results sent to the central database (WebViewer™).
- Manage the mobile device connections using MDC. Accept, Reject, or Delete any connected Mobile Device
- Email alerts when new Mobile Device requests are received by the MDC
- Automatically and remotely send all default test parameters to the Mobile Device or VQuad™ for consistent testing.
- Perform automated testing directly from the Mobile Device. Configure automated testing from any mobile device without VQuad™ intervention with results automatically sent to the WebViewer™.