Newsletter: GL Enhances
T1 E1 Emulation / Analyser Products & Software to
64-Bit Mode, WIN 10, and More..
Welcome to another February 2017 issue of GL's Newsletter covering enhancements to our versatile T1 E1 Analyser product line - now Version 11.1.17. This version has 64 bit T1 E1 sub-applications for 64-bit Windows® Operating Systems for Windows® 7, 8.1, and 10 (32-bit, and 64-bit).
Important T1 E1 Application Enhancements
T1 E1 lines are used extensively throughout the world for carrying large volumes of calls containing both voice and data. Their popularity can be attributed to their TDM architecture, high reliability, manageability and flexibility. The significance of this latest release is the performance limitations observed with 32-bit applications are addressed by introducing 64- bit applications to achieve the enhanced performance.
The enhancements to some of the T1 E1 Analyser software applications are:
- 64-bit Windows OS improves the performance of Protocol Analysers viz., ISDN, ISUP, GSM. Protocol Analysers now allow users to monitor Hundreds to Thousands of Signalling Links simultaneously and continuously
- 64-bit Windows OS support significantly improved processing and response time for Statistics, Call Data Records, Search and other such functions
Client Server Applications
- With 64-bit Windows OS, the Client Server commands can support Thousands of Tasks simultaneously with number of successful thread creation. This helps to run Tx Rx File, Tx and Rx Tone and Tx Rx Digits on 24/31 Timeslots * 8 Ports * n (where n is the number of Octal T1 E1 Cards)
Multiple Call Capture Application (CCA)
- 64-bit Windows OS supports improved performance of CCA application and can now invoke multiple instances to Capture T1/E1 Data of different cards
All Basic Intrusive and Non Intrusive Applications (BERT, Monitoring Applications, Oscilloscope, Spectral Display etc)
- 64-bit Windows OS support has improved the processing and response time for multiple instances of monitoring and simulation windows. Now user can invoke multiple instances of monitor windows
Protocol Simulators : MLPP, PPP, Frame Relay, TRAU and more
- 64-bit Windows OS support has improved load and stability testing where application can simulate up to 16 T1 E1 trunks simultaneously
Protocol Emulators for: ISDN, ISUP, GSMA, etc
- Protocol Emulators in our MAPS™ platform are enhanced to support 64-bit Windows OS that provide improved performance for load generation and simulation of Protocols on 16 T1/E1 ports simultaneously
Enhancements Common for 32-bit and 64-bit Applications:
WCS Fax Simulator
- Physical layer analysis includes ability to send alarms and errors via SNMP Traps
- SNMP Traps capability can now be added to all protocol analysers on customer request
- Enhancement made to the pre-defined statistics feature in protocol analysers allows multiple windows to be opened with different summarized statistics based on the primary statistics already implemented in analysers. These windows support multiple column stable sorting. All protocol analysers now include improved statistics dialog GUI
- All protocol analysers now include frame length in protocol statistics selection choice for data link layer
- Enhanced error-proof GUI editor for modifying protocol configurations. Earlier this was done by manually editing the *.ini file.
- Protocol INI Editor enhanced to prohibit direct editing of INI files i.e. via notepad invocation, and only through GUI allowed now
- HDLC TX/Rx Test - new feature added for generating random variable frame length with random flags
- CAS Analyser - added support for Audio-R2 protocol
- Automatic detection of uplink & downlink direction in TRAU Analyser
The application now supports for fax over v27, v29, v17 and v34 ITU-T modems. The simulator now supports multipage fax image transmission i.e. up to 1300 pages can be sent per fax call. Detailed Fax call flow can be obtained during the call. The fax simulator now provides statistics details depicting the nature of the call and result on call termination.
The T1 Record Playback application now enhanced to include "T1 Demux" utility. The utility is used to split the T1 file containing the T1 trunk traffic into 24 individual files. Each file has its own time slot traffic that is recorded in “WAV” or “WAV and MP3” format at user-defined bit rates configuration. It's available only for T1 installations.
Changed the Timestamp format [Used in the recorded file name] from Local Time to System Time i.e. GMT time. This was done as per the new requirement from NASA. This Timestamp is used by the new T1 Demux utility.
Channelized T1 E1 Analysis
Maximum supported ports increased for Channelized
T1 E1 (on T3/E3) to support up to full bandwidth on 32 T3 E3 ports.
- All MAPS™ TDM applications are now enhanced to work with remote MAPS™ client, which allows users to control MAPS™ application remotely and automate the entire testing process
- Support for Remote License Server - new Licensing method allows applications to be licensed either locally or through remote licensing servers
- MAPS™ FXO/FXS supports CAMA Monitoring Performance Profiling, Script Debug, and Script Coverage
- MAPS™ CLI support - MAPS™ supports Java, VB and Python Clients that can interface with customer test environment easily by providing high level APIs
- All MAPS™ applications can now provide Java, VB, Python and TCL API's to simulate customised call scenarios
In addition to the above, there have been several modifications and bug fixes to the T1 E1 Software. For more details, please refer to the link what's new in the current version 11.1.17
Back to Latest News Page