GL Introduces Additional Interfaces for Diameter Protocol Emulation
GL Communications has enhanced the capabilities of the Message Automation and Protocol Emulation (MAPS™) Diameter Emulator. The software empowers users to perform more comprehensive testing and analysis within the Diameter protocol domain. With added support for interfaces such as CxDx, Gx, Gy, Rf, Ro, Rx, Sh, SLg, SLh, and Zh, the emulator extends its capabilities to enable users to conduct thorough testing and analysis.
GL’s comprehensive Signaling and Traffic Emulation test equipment suite, commonly referred to as MAPS™, provides a programmable, highly flexible, script based, multi-protocol, multi-interface emulation framework.
MAPS™ Diameter Emulator facilitates Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) applications, specifically for tasks such as network access, roaming, and IP mobility. AAA protocols play a vital role in determining the user's network connectivity privileges (Authentication) and authorization to utilize specific services. Furthermore, these protocols enable accurate tracking of network resources consumed by end-users for precise billing purposes (Accounting). The MAPS™ Diameter Emulator provides a reliable platform to manage these AAA functions effectively.
MAPS™ Diameter emulator emulates S6a, S13, and S13' interfaces, along with LTE IMS network elements such as Mobility Management Entity (MME), Home Subscriber Server (HSS), Equipment Identity Register (EIR), and Serving GPRS Support Node (SGSN).
With its additional licensing support for interfaces such as CxDx, Gx, Gy, Rf, Ro, Rx, Sh, SLg, SLh, and Zh, the MAPS™ Diameter emulator actively emulates various nodes within the network. These nodes include MME, HSS, Application Server (AS), Serving Call State Control Function (SCSCF), Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF), Policy and Charging Enforcement Function (PCEF), Charging Trigger Function (CTF), Packet Data Network Gateway (PDN GW), Online Charging System (OCS), Application Function (AF), Call Session Control Function (CSCF), Bootstrapping Server Functionality (BSF), and Gateway Mobile Location Center (GMLC). This active emulation framework empowers users to thoroughly test and analyze the behavior of these network nodes and their interactions.
The additional licenses for the enhanced MAPS™ Diameter emulator enable users to actively edit messages on supported interfaces, providing them with unlimited flexibility to support various procedures such as:
- S6a interface - Location Management, Subscriber Data Handling, Authentication, Fault Recovery, and Notification procedures
- S13/S13' interface - Mobile Equipment Identity Check procedure
- CxDx interface - Server and User Authentication procedures
- Gx interface - IP-CAN Session Establishment and Modification procedures
- Gy/Ro interface - Online Credit Control procedure
- Rf interface - Offline Charging procedure
- Rx interface - Initial Provisioning, Modification of Session Information and AF Session Termination procedures
- Sh interface - User Data Handling (User-Data-Update, Subscriber-Notification, User-Data-Pull) procedures
- SLg interface - Subscriber Location procedures
- SLh interface - Location Service Routing Information procedures
- Zh interface - Bootstrapping- procedure
- Allows users to configure MAPS™ Diameter emulator as MME, HSS, PCRF, PCEF, CSCF, SGSN, PDN GW, EIR, AF, BSF, and AS entities to emulate a variety of interfaces such as S6a, S6d, S13, S13’, Cx/Dx, Gx, Gy, Rf, Ro, Rx, Sh, SLg, SLh, and Zh
- Supports emulation of real-time LTE network using MAPS™ 4G Wireless Lab Suite
- Emulate thousands of smartphones (UEs) powering up and down
- Support for TCP/TLS for secured information transfer
- Authenticate and confirm security procedures
- Manages temporary addressing for mobility and security purposes
- User-friendly GUI generates hundreds of UE Signaling for load testing over SCTP/TCP Layers
- Users can apply impairments to messages in the emulator to emulate error conditions
- Supports customizing call flows and message templates using the Script Editor and Message Editor
- Provides ready-to-use scripts for quick testing purposes
- Supports scripted call generation and automated call reception
- Provides a protocol trace with full message decoding and graphical ladder diagrams, with time stamps, for visualizing call flows
- Software architecture is script-based and protocol independent
- During call generation, the emulator provides call statistics along with associated captured events and error events
- Supports Command Line Interface (CLI) based on a client-server model, allowing users to control all features through Python APIs
- Supports real-time applications of location-based services, providing up-to-date information for vehicle tracking, stolen assets tracking, temperature monitoring, traffic services, and emergency services