PacketExpert™ can automatically loopback packets from the destination to the source. PacketExpert™ supports layer-wise loopback as well as smart loopback.
PacketExpert™ 10GX supports loopback capability on all 1 Gbps ports and two 10 Gbps ports.
- Smart Loopback - Analyzes incoming traffic, automatically detects and swaps Source and Destination MAC and IP addresses and UDP ports before sending back the packet
- Layer 1 - Loops back incoming packets as is
- Ethernet - Swaps Source and Destination MAC addresses before sending back the packet
- IP - Swaps Source and Destination MAC addresses, IP addresses before sending back the packet
- UDP - Swaps Source and Destination MAC addresses, Destination IP addresses, and UDP ports before sending back the packet
Layer 2 -Ethernet swaps Source and Destination MAC addresses
Loopback facilitates end-to-end testing when the other end is in a remote place. In such cases, one PacketExpert™ can be put in constant loopback at the remote end, and bit error rate tests can be started / stopped anytime at the local end.
Loopback Configuration on 10G Ports
Loopback Configuration on 1G Ports
Port-wise Frame Statistics
Detailed statistics per port are provided. In addition to statistics like Frame Count, Frame Rate, Link Utilization (Layer1 line rate in %), Data Rate (Layer 2 data rate in Mbps), etc., statistics are provided based on various categories like Frame Type (Broadcast, Multicast, VLAN), Frame Lengths (64, 65-127, 1024-1518, Oversized, Undersized), Protocol Type (IPv4, IPv6, UDP, TCP, ICMP, IGRP etc.).
Please Note: The 'Pxx' in the Item No. refers to the hardware platform on which the software will be running. Therefore, 'Pxx' can either be PXE (1G) or PXG (10G) or PXN (10GX) depending upon the hardware.
|CXN100||CLI Server for PXN100|
|CXE100||CLI Server for PXE100|