LightSpeed1000™ - Record & Playback Applications
(OC-3 / STM-1 and OC-12 / STM-4)
These applications allow users to transmit and / or capture packets / cells from file / to a file over OC-3 / STM-1 and OC-12 / STM-4 interfaces.
Following applications are explained in detail below:
- Receive Packets (Cells, or RAW Data blocks) to File
- Transmit Packets (Cells or RAW Data blocks) from File
Receive Packets to File
This application provides continuous or limited capture of HDLC packets, ATM cells or RAW payload data on the SONET interface to file (in Hardware Packet Captured File GL's file format). This file can be subsequently used for play back to recreate traffic in controlled environment. Captured file sizes are limited only by a hard drive size. The interface allows users to select the port(s) on which packets/cells is to be received, and displays the total number of packets received, dropped packet, overflow packets, and number of bytes written to a file.
- Comprehensive transmit/receive testing capabilities; transmitting and verifying data with incrementing sequence numbers with each packet/cell
- Hardware filters can be applied to incoming data on each individual port to allow traffic of interest only. ATM and PoS traffic can be filtered at hardware level to target traffic of interest only.
- Complex and flexible hardware based filtering options: sixteen 128 bit independent filters with bit masks, for both ports with AND/OR include/exclude conditions
- Allows to capture all payload from SONET/SDH envelop transparent of transport level.
- Hardware will append each packet/cell with header detailing ports, timestamp (10 nSec resolution), error flag, port number, etc before presented to PC memory
- Captures the received packets into a file up to hard drive capacity
- Packets can be captured continuously (till user manually stops the capture or up to hard drive capacity) or limited by a specified size in MB, a packet count, or a specified time limit
- Synchronous Multi-Board option allows to capture incoming packets synchronously on multiple boards
Tx Packets (Cells) from File
The application permits transmission of PoS packets, ATM cells or RAW Data over SONET interface using a file (Hardware Packet Captured File - GL's file format) and displays the total number of transmitted packet, cells or raw data blocks.
Users can specify the transmission limit by selecting different options. The file can be transmitted on the selected port continuously, for limited number of cells/packets or till the end of file is reached (EOF). Tx bandwidth can be controlled by specifying the data rate in packets/sec. The GUI displays the statistics of the transmitted packets (or cells) per second.
- Transmits packets, cells or RAW data blocks from the captures or user created file
- Packets can be transmitted either continuously, limited by number of packets / cells, or till the end-of-file (EOF)
- Transmits packets/cells at a user configurable rate
- Transmits on the same port as captured, swaps ports or uses a specified port
- Provides the statistics of the transmitted cells at both line level and payload level
- Transmit packets synchronously on multiple boards