PoS Protocol Analyzer for OC-3 / STM-1
and OC-12 / STM-4
Analysis of PoS frames
over OC-3 / STM-1 OC-12 / STM-4 lines
The PoS Analyzer captures a host of PoS protocols exchanged between the two nodes over SONET & provides
useful analysis, which includes distribution of protocols, protocol fields, frame lengths, and frame status. User can
obtain detailed analysis of the protocol and can perform various statistics measurements.
PoS Analyzer supports Packet Data Analysis (PDA) module, it is an outstanding tool for live monitoring of signaling and traffic over IP. Packet Data Analysis (PDA) is distributed with GL’s Packet Analyzers, allowing users to monitor live IP networks including capture, analysis, and reporting of every call in detail. Supported protocols include SIP, MEGACO, MGCP, H.323, SCCP, RANAP (UMTS IuCS), and GSM A. It can capture IP packets over different transmission lines, including IP, T1, E1, T3, E3, and OC-3 STM-1 / OC-12 STM-4. PDA then processes the captured packets, identifies, and segregates calls based on signaling and traffic parameters.
- Displays Summary, Detail, Hex-dump, and Statistics Views
- Detail View
- Displays decodes of a user-selected frame from the summary view
- Provides options to display or hide the required protocol layers
- Contents of this view can also be copied to clipboard
- Summary View displays Dev #, Time Slot, Layer 3 Protocol, LCP message type and higher protocol specific information like Destination and Source IP address, Destination and Source TCP as well as UDP port details, HTTP/FTP message type, and so on in a tabular format.
- Statistics View displays statistics based on frame count, byte count, frames/sec, bytes/sec etc for the entire capture data.
- Any protocol field can be added to the summary view, filtering, and search features providing users more flexibility to monitor required protocol fields.
||PoS, IPCP, BCP, BPDU, POP, CHAP, HTTP, SNMP, STUN, FTP, DNS, and DHCP
|Filtering / Search
- Comprehensive hardware based filtering.
- Supports software based search and filtering capabilities.
- Streams can be captured on the selected ports (1 and 2).
- Ability to capture and decode both PoS routed protocols, PoS bridged protocols.
- Exports Summary View information to a comma delimited file for subsequent import into a database or spreadsheet.
- Capability to export detailed decode information to an ASCII file
- Ability to test and perform numerous measurements across WAN- LAN or LAN-LAN connection
- Ability to test and analyze PoS protocol in synchronous environment
- User can decode frames from the recorded trace files and can be played back using "Rx Packets to File" application.
||Remote monitoring capability using GL's Network Surveillance System
- RFC 1661 PoS links in HDLC framing
- RFC 1662 PoS links in HDLC framing
For the list of supported protocols that are supported by GL's PoS analyzer visit PPP Supported Protocols.
Summary, Detail, and Hexdump Views
The PoS analyzer application is invoked from the main menu of GL's OC-3 / STM-1 OC-12 / STM-4 Analyzer for real-time
analysis. The analyzer displays Summary, Detail, Statistics, and Hex Dump Views in different panes. The Summary pane
displays Dev#, Frame #, Time relative, Len, Error, Layer 3 protocol, LCP code, IPCP code, BCP code, PoS Message type,
Source/Destination IP address, TCP Source/Destination Port, UDP Source/Destination Port, Message Type, and so on.
The User can select a frame in Summary View to analyze and decode each frame in the Detail View. The Hex Dump View
displays the frame information in HEX and ASCII format.
Protocol Summary, Detail, and Hex
Dump Views in PoS Protocol Analysis
Multiple ports can be selected for a single instance of analyzer to capture the frames simultaneously. The recorded
trace file can then be analyzed offline and exported to ASCII file, or printed.
The real-time capturing requires users to specify ports and Frame Check Sequence (FCS).
Port Selection for Real-time
Filtering and Search
Users can record all or filtered traffic into a trace file. Filter and search capabilities adds a powerful dimension to the
PoS Analyzer. These features isolate required frames from the captured frames in real-time, as well as offline. In real-time
capturing, filter allows capturing of frames having specified length, offset, mask, and value. The frames can also be filtered
after completion of capture based on Frame Number, Time, Length, Error, Layer3 Protocol, LCP Code, IPCP code, TCP and
UDP source and destination port, PoS Message type, and so on. Similarly, search capability helps user to search for a
particular frame based on specific search criteria.
Offline Filtering and Search Criteria
for PoS Protocol Analysis
Criteria for PoS Protocol Analysis
Statistics is an important feature available in PoS analyzer and can be obtained for all frames both in real-time as well
as offline mode. Various statistics can be obtained to study the performance and trend in the PoS network and it is based
on protocol fields and different parameters.
Statistics Options for PoS Protocol
Enhanced Trace Saving Options
Users can control the captured trace files by saving the trace using different conventions such as trace files with
user-defined prefixes, trace file with date-time prefixes, and slider control to indicate the total number of files, file size,
frame count, or time limit. This feature also allows the captured frames to be saved into a trace file based on the filtering
criteria set using display filter feature.
Protocol Trace Saving Options for
PoS Protocol Analysis
||OC-3 / STM-1 PoS Protocol Analysis
||OC-12 / STM-4 PoS Protocol Analysis
||Other Related Software
||OC-3 / STM-1 ATM Monitor, BERT, Tx/Rx Test
||OC-12 / STM-4 ATM Monitor, BERT, Tx/Rx Test
||OC-3 / STM-1 PoS Monitor, BERT, Tx/Rx Test
||OC-12 / STM-4 PoS Monitor, BERT, Tx/Rx Test
||OC-3 / STM-1 ATM and RAW Record / Playback
||OC-12 / STM-4 ATM and RAW Record / Playback
||OC-3 / STM-1 PoS and RAW Record / Playback
||OC-12 / STM-4 PoS and RAW Record / Playback
||OC-3 / STM-1 ATM Protocol Analysis
||OC-12 / STM-4 ATM Protocol Analysis
||OC-3 / STM-1 UMTS Protocol Analysis
||OC-12 / STM-4 UMTS Protocol Analysis
||Lightspeed1000™ - Dual OC3/12 STM1/4 PCIe Card
||Lightspeed1000™ - Portable Dual OC3/12 STM1/4 USB Unit
|DDR2 512 MB Memory
DDR2 1 GB Memory
DDR2 2 GB Memory
|SFP, Single Mode
1 Gbps / 10 Gbps Fiber Optic Cable, Single-Mode, Duplex LC to Duplex LC
1 Gbps / 10 Gbps Fiber Optic Cable, Single-Mode, Duplex LC to Duplex SC
1 Gbps / 10 Gbps Fiber Optic Cable, Multi-Mode, Duplex LC to Duplex LC
1 Gbps / 10 Gbps Fiber Optic Cable, Multi-Mode, Duplex LC to Duplex SC
40G / 100G Fiber Optic Cable, Multi-Mode
40G / 100G Fiber Optic Cable, Single-Mode