T3 E3 Analyzer
Features & Benefits |
Accompanying Basic & Optional Software
Application Notes |
GL's newest T3 (DS3) E3 Analyzer Pod is one of the smallest and lightest (weighing only 1.75 lbs) analyzer units in the world. The pod when
connected to Notebook PC is capable of capturing two full T3 (DS3) / E3 data streams, dropping and inserting T1 or E1, full Ethernet analysis, and HDLC, ATM, FR,
and PPP Analysis. GL's T3 E3 Analyzer can also be used in conjunction with GL's Laptop T1 / E1 analyzer for individual
T1 (DS1), E1, DS0, and analog analysis
Summary of Features & Benefits
- One of the smallest and lightest T3 (DS3) /E3 analysis platforms with dual data stream capture capability.
- Multiple interfaces for analysis (T3 (DS3) /E3, T1/E1 and Ethernet) and control (USB and Ethernet) to support a wide array of
- Plug and play through USB 2.0 control interface.
- Software selectable T3 (DS3) / E3 interface along with T1 (DS1) and E1 Drop and Insert.
- Dual T3/E3 Receivers and Transmitters for non-intrusive and intrusive testing of both eastbound and westbound signals at the same time.
- General T3 (DS3) /E3 signal testing capabilities
- Alarms – Monitoring and Logging
- Monitor T3 (DS3) /E3 frequency, line level and various errors.
- Alarm Generation and Error Injection
- Decode and Simulate Far End Alarm Channel (FEAC) messages.
- T3 (DS3) /E3 error counters
- Dual BERT and G.821 Analysis
- Channelized (Structured) Testing
- Multiplex / De-multiplex T1 (DS1) /E1 signals (Drop and Insert).
- Receivers for bidirectional monitoring with Dual T1 (DS1) / E1 drop.
- Transmit multiplexed externally inserted or internally generated T1/E1 streams into T3 (DS3) /E3.
- Stress test M13 (E13) multiplexers and 3/1 Digital cross connect systems.
- Dual channel drop and insert of T1/E1 signals from any one of the T3 (DS3) /E3 signals.
- Broadcast or loopback individual T1s/E1s within the T3 (DS3) /E3.
- Generates 28 T1s or (21 E1s) signals within the T3 (DS3) or 16 E1s within E3 output.
- Unchannelized (Unstructured) Testing
- Simultaneously record / playback the entire T3 (DS3) /E3 in framed or unframed modes up to hard disk capacity.
- Flexible clocking - internal, recovered (from T3 (DS3) /E3, T1 (DS1) or E1) and external.
- Scripting and Automation through GL’s well-known Windows Client Server (WCS) approach.
- Monitor / Manage the Analyzer remotely via Ethernet port (future enhancement).
- GL's USB T3E3 Analyzer supports scrambling and subrate for the following DSU vendors' algorithms for T3 interface: Digital Link, Larscom, Verilink, and Adtran
Detailed Feature Description
World’s smallest T3 (DS3) /E3 Analysis platform with dual data stream capture capability:
With the size of a small paperback book and weighing only 1.75 lbs, GL's newest T3 E3 Analyzer pod is one of the smallest and lightest
analyzer units in the world. The small footprint makes it ideal for use in the lab as well as in the field. The unit's lightweight makes it easy to carry in the pouch
of a Notebook PC making it perfect for air travel. Compatibility with any Desktop or Notebook PC allows the software to be installed on many PCs - just ship
the unit to the intended location and use it on an available PC.
Multiple interfaces for analysis (T3/E3) and control (USB, Ethernet) makes it ideal for a wide array of testing scenarios:
- T3 (DS3) or E3 - BNC interface (2 Transmit and 2 Receive ports).
- T1 or E1 - RJ-48c interface (2 Transmit/Receive Ports).
- External Clock: MCX (2 Ports – one each for the two T3/E3 ports).
- Ethernet Port – For wirespeed Ethernet analysis, remote monitoring, and management.
- USB 2.0 - The USB interface is used to connect the analyzer unit to a Desktop or a Notebook PC for storage, display, and control.
Plug and play through the USB 2.0 control interface:
Its USB 2.0 control interface to PC enables plug and play capability. This will allow you to share the unit among multiple users since it can be moved from
PC to PC. The unit is also highly portable due to the small size and light weight.
Comprehensive T3 E3 testing solution:
GL’s T3/E3 analyzer unit offers a complete solution for T3/E3 (44.736/34.368 Mbps) testing. It is fully
compatible with GL’s other test systems. It can be used in conjunction with GL’s Laptop T1/E1 analyzer for individual T1, E1, DS0, and analog analysis.
Supported Protocol Standards
- Analyze HDLC frames over bidirectional T3/E3 with host of protocol analyzer features such as Real-time filter, Capture filter, Statistics, and so on.
- Captured frames can later be used for traffic simulation using HDLC Transmit/Receive/Playback and Impairment applications
For more information, please visit HDLC Protocol Analysis over T3 E3
- Analyze Frame Relay protocol over bidirectional T3/E3 with host of protocol analyzer features such as Real-time filter, Capture filter, Statistics, Call Trace, and so on.
- Analyze Permanent Virtual Connection (PVC) and Switched Virtual Connection (SVC) frames
- Call Trace view displays called/ calling number, released calls, call status, & more.
For more information, please visit Frame Relay Protocol Analysis over T3 E3.
- Support of various UNI Signaling Protocols i.e. UNI 4.0, UNI 3.1 and UNI Q-2931
- Call trace capability based on UNI signaling parameters, VPI/VCI and others
- CRC verification for AAL5 carrying packet data
For more information, please visit ATM Protocol Analysis over T3 E3.
- Supports a host of protocols PPP, IPCP, BCP, BPDU, PAP, CHAP, HTTP, SNMP, STUN, FTP, DNS, and DHCP
- Ability to test and perform numerous measurements across WAN- LAN or LAN-LAN connection
- Supports Packet Data Analysis module (requires additional license) to perform detail analysis of PPP packets over IP and segregates them into SIP / H323 / Megaco / MGCP / T.38 / IuCS / GSM A Fax calls.
For more information, please visit PPP Protocol Analysis over T3 E3
Accompanying Basic & Optional Software
A list of all the basic applications and other optional applications (requiring additional licenses) are
|T3 (DS3) / E3
||BNC ( 2 Tx, 2 Rx)
|T1 (DS1) /E1
||RJ-48c (2 Tx, 2 Rx) for Drop/Insert
||MCX – 2 Ports
||9 V DC
|T3 (DS3) / E3 Line Interface
||800mV ± 50mV
||75 Ohms unbalanced (BNC)
||B3ZS (T3), HDB3 (E3)
|Terminate Input Level
||0.09Vp – 0.85Vp
|Monitor Input Level
||0.025Vp – 0.08Vp
||± 1 PPM @25C [± 4.5 ppm (includes ageing, stability)]
||Clock recovered from receiver
||TTL Level signal
High Speed (T3 (DS3) / E3 Rate)
Low Speed (2KHz, 8KHz, 2MHz, 1.5MHz) Recovered from Inserted T1 or E1
|T3 (DS3) / E3 Transmitter
|T3 (DS3) / E3 Payloads
||Framed T3 (DS3) / E3 Data, Unframed T3 (DS3) / E3, Idle, AIS
|T3 Framing Modes Unframed M13 (ANSI T1-107 – 1995)
||Structured (Channelized), and Unstructured (Unchannelized) C-bit (ANSI T1-107 – 1990) - Structured (Channelized), and Unstructured (Unchannelized)
|E3 Framing Modes
||Unframed, E13 (for E3) - Structured (Channelized), and Unstructured (Unchannelized)
|Framed T3 (DS3) / E3 Unstructured Payload
||Raw Data from File, ATM Cells (only for T3), HDLC Frames, BERT Patterns
|Unframed E3 Payload
||Raw Data from File, BERT Patters
||T1, E1 (DS1) (ITU-T G.747)
||QRSS, 2^6-1, 2^9-1, 2^11-1, 2^15-1, 2^20-1, 2^23-1, User Defined upto 32-bits, other static patterns
|T1 (DS1) Payload
||Inserted T1, AIS, Loopback, BERT Patterns (future)
||Inserted E1, AIS, Loopback, BERT Patterns (future)
||Complete T3 (DS3) / E3 Signal, Selected T1s/E1s from incoming T3 (DS3) / E3
|T3 (DS3) / E3 Receiver
|T3 (DS3) Framing Format
||M13 (ANSI T1-107 – 1995), C-bit (ANSI T1-107 – 1990), Unframed, Structured (Channelized), and Unstructured (Unchannelized)
|E3 Framing Format
||E13, Unframed, Structured (Channelized), and Unstructured (Unchannelized)
||T1 (DS1) /E1 (ITU-T G.747)
|Framed T3 (DS3) / E3 Unstructured Payload
||Raw Data Captured to File, ATM Analysis (only for T3), HDLC Frames Analysis, BERT Patterns Measurement
|Framed T3 (DS3) / E3 Structured Payload
||Raw Data Captured to File, BERT Patterns Measurement, Drop Selected T1(s) / E1(s)
|T3 (DS3) / E3 Line Rate Offset
||± 50 PPM in 1 ppm Steps
||± 1 PPM
|T3 (DS3) Error Add
||Payload Bit, Frame Errors, P-bit, C-bit, EXZ (for T3);
|E3 Error Add
||Frame Errors, Code Violation (CV) Error, EXZ, Payload Bit
|T3 (DS3) Alarm Generation
||LOS, AIS, RAI (X-bit), Idle, FEAC Codes (Loopback and alarm/status codes)
|T3 (DS3) Alarm Monitoring
||LOS, LOF, AIS, Idle, RAI (X-bit), EXZ
|E3 Alarm Generation
||LOS, OOF, RAI (X-bit);
|E3 Alarm Monitoring
||LOS, LOF, AIS, RAI (X-bit), EXZ
|T3 (DS3) FEAC Codes
||Alarm status codes, loopback codes with channel indicator for T1
||LOS, LOF, ERR, PGM
||0° C to 40 ° C
||10° C to 70 ° C
||10 % min, 90 % max, non-condensing
||1.6" high, 9.25" deep, 5.5" wide
||Input 9 V DC at 1 A
* Specifications subject to change without notice.
*Specifications are subjected to change
Back to List of Hardware Platforms Index Page