GL Enhances End-to-End Speech-to-Text Conversion Utility to Test Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and Voice Mail (VM) Systems
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – April 8, 2019 - GL Communications Inc., a global leader in telecom test and measurement solutions, today announced its new speech-to-text conversion utility referred to as Speech Transcription Server.
“GL’s Speech Transcription Server (STS) is a Speech-to-Text conversion application that enables the translation of spoken language into text along with analysis of the transcribed speech”, said Mr. Vijay Kulkarni, the CEO of the company at GL Communications Inc. “Speech translation is performed on captured audio files in PCM or WAV formats. This application can be used for confirming voice prompts, testing Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and Voice Mail (VM) systems, as well as voice transmission over any network”.
Mr. Robert Bichefsky, Director of Engineering at GL Communications Inc, further added that “Speech Transcription Server is an automated PC-based speech-to-text conversion utility. This can be used as a standalone utility or integrated with other GL’s test tools for automation, precise call control, and quality analysis. STS supports REST APIs which allows the utility to be used with other GL’s intrusive test tools such as MAPS™ and VQuad™ . One can send and receive transcription requests, as well as retrieve transcription results from database.
MAPS™ provides a unique architecture for multi-interface, multi-protocol simulation, which make it suitable for testing any core network, access network and inter-operability functions. VQuad™ Probe HD is an all-in-one self-contained hardware supporting multiple physical interfaces for connecting to practically any wired or wireless network while automatically performing end-to-end voice and data testing over any network”, he said.
Mr. Robert Bichefsky further added, “By incorporating GL’s STS within MAPS™ and VQuad™ emulator platforms, users can automate testing of IVR tree traversal for pass/fail conditions with great precision. The GL solution records each prompt (IVR menus) in an automated fashion and forwards the recorded audio files for speech-to-text transcription and analysis. Both MAPS™ and VQuad™ testing platforms allow usage of STS utility over various networks such as 2-wire (FXO, FXS), TDM, IP, and Wireless (GSM, UMTS, VoLTE, ...). The IVR Voice Prompts are confirmed during the testing operation.
STS can also be used with GL’s Voice Quality Testing solution to measure network voice quality, effect of different codecs on speech transcription quality, effect of noise, echo, and bit error rate. STS supports various industry standard voice codecs - refer to Voice Codec webpage for more details.”
- Ability to convert PCM or WAV files into text format
- Supports multi-languages such as U.S./U.K. English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and many more
- Cloud-based processing provides accurate translations (Requires Internet connectivity)
- Monitor single or multiple folders containing audio files for automatic transcription
- Each monitored folder can be configured for language and audio format
- Full automation using VQuad scripting
- Accurate analysis of transcribed text with quality (Pass/Fail) scores
- Transcribe up to 30 seconds of speech files into text
- Concurrent transcription of up to 30 voice files
- Easy to access transcribed text via API or database
- REST APIs support for transcription request and transcript retrieval
- Base software includes 100,000 files transcriptions per year, validity can be extended with annual support contract
- Support for Windows™ 7 and above
- Out-of-the box integration support with existing GL test platforms such as VQuad™ and MAPS™
- REST API support for fast and easy integration with third party testing platforms
- REST API server allows one Speech Transcription Server instance to serve multiple clients
- Available Speech-to-Text analysis support for full test automation
- Supplement GL’s Voice Quality Testing solution for passive method to verify good audio quality
- Fast speech to text transcription™ transcribes 30 seconds of voice file in less than 4 seconds (Transcription speed depends on Internet connection quality)