Surveillance and Monitoring for IP, Wireless, and TDM Networks
Welcome to the latest edition of GL's Newsletter, where we discuss our cutting-edge network monitoring and surveillance system, NetSurveyorWeb™. Designed for IP, Wireless, and TDM networks, our platform offers comprehensive solutions to meet your monitoring needs.
GL's Network Surveillance System is a web-based tool designed for network monitoring and analysis. Users can analyze networks in real-time and access historical data. This platform enables storage, retrieval, querying, and display of Call Detail Records (CDRs) from Wireless, IP, and TDM networks. Users can record and play back phone calls while offering the ability to filter on calls of interest.
This surveillance system connects to TDM, Analog, Optical, or IP networks, enabling non-intrusive storage, retrieval, querying, reporting, and display of CDRs. It supports a wide range of protocols, including 5G, 4G (LTE, IMS, Diameter), 3G UMTS (IuCS, IuPS), 2G (GSM, TRAU, MAP, CAMEL), VoIP (SIP, ED-137, SIGTRAN, H.323, MEGACO, MGCP), TDM (SS7, ISDN, CAS, GSM, TRAU), and Analog systems.
The system requires protocol analysis probes deployed at various physical locations. These probes capture, decode, and group the traffic into calls and forward the CDRs, signaling frame details, and other statistics to the centralized database server. These probes can capture data at high speed, store locally, and include protocol analysis software for easy analysis in the field as well.
The central system comprises of a database engine, web server, and NetSurveyorWeb™, a web-based application, to facilitate data storage and retrieval through web browser clients. For customers with low storage requirements, GL offers NetSurveyorWeb™ Lite, which can be deployed on the same system as the network monitoring probes and offers historical data retention up to 9 GB.
The centralized system provides a range of useful features, including performance monitoring, security measures, fraud prevention, billing verification, remote protocol analysis, failure prediction, traffic engineering, call quality monitoring, and troubleshooting capabilities. By supporting various protocols and interfaces, NetSurveyorWeb™ empowers network operators and service providers to enhance network performance, diagnostics, and overall reliability.
Quick CDRs - Users can create their own Quick View groups and add the required columns in the created group to be displayed on the Data View.
Whitelist certain calls based on phone numbers and other parameters.
Categorize the calls based on voice quality parameters.
Long Duration or Short Duration Calls
Display calls based on duration.
Categorize calls based on different call failure scenarios.
Download Call Trace
Download the selected Call Trace either in HDL (GL’s proprietary format) or Wireshark® format.
CDR for Analog Phone System
Provides CDR and Key Performance Indicators for Voiceband measurement tests – C-Notched Noise Test, Signal-to-Noise Ratio and Level, Voice Quality Test and Three Tone Slope (Gain Slope).
Voice Quality and Delay Measurement Metrics
NetSurveyorWeb™ application works with Voice Band Analyzer application to analyze voice band traffic and provide useful metrics to service providers - Active Speech Level, Noise Level, Speech Activity Factor, Power Measurements, Clipped Samples, DC Level.
Can work with Delay Measurement tools to analyze captured voice traffic and provide precise one-way delay metrics.
Monitoring Air Traffic (ED-137) Network
Supports Air Traffic Network (ED-137) monitoring. This provides CDRs of air-to-ground calls and ground-to-ground calls with improved processing and response times for calculating statistics such as counters for Push-To-Talk (PTT), Squelch, PTTs, PTT Mute, PPSCT Counts. It also provides Quality of Service for each PTT/Squelch session.
Other Features Includes:
- Ability to support various decode standards such as ANSI, ITU, ETSI, 3GPP, for all the supported protocols
- Call Detail Records
- Display real-time data signaling, traffic and Quality of Service performance metrics
- Ability to export both Call Graph and Decode view PDF and HTML file formats with an option to send Email with the exported file format
- Search and filter calls of interest
- Focus on calls of interest with customized filter and/or search options
- Apply single or complex filters for data analysis
- Key Performance Indicators
- Packet Loss, Gap, Jitter, Delay, RTP Performance Statistics, R-factor and Mean Opinion Scores, and Unparalleled Voice Band Statistics
- Signaling messages and Traffic Types; Successful and Unsuccessful failure causes
- Graphs and Reports Generation
- Ability to export both graphical and tabular reports as PDF and HTML file formats with an option to send Email with the exported file format
- Customized graphs for various metrics such as Call Completion Ratio, Answer Call Ratio, Answer-Seizure Ratio, and Call Duration
- Alerts and Indicators
- Actively alerts users when Calls of Interest occur
- Enables users to actively set alarm conditions and generate alerts of various types, including Email Alert, Visual Alert, Audible Alert, or logging them into tables for future analysis