Portable End-to-End Wireless Simulation Solution
Welcome to the latest issue of GL's Newsletter providing insight into our portable End-to-End Wireless Network Simulation Test Suite (5G, 4G LTE + IMS, 3G, 2G).
The complete simulation suite is installed on a portable high-performance lunch-box PC and includes a base station for a full-fledged wireless network. Users can connect phones, make calls, send text messages, and browse the web.
GL's Wireless Network Simulation Test Suite (5G, 4G LTE + IMS, 3G, 2G) provides a full-fledged “Live Network” at your company premises in any customized package to suit test requirements. The test suite provides reliable integrated solutions to vendors and service providers for emulating, monitoring, troubleshooting any wireless network, including 5G, 4G, 3G and 2G. The test suite is an invaluable tool for protocol characterization and testing, performance measurement, training, and education.
One can setup a complete virtual real-time network emulating all the network elements. Alternatively, any of the network elements in the architecture can be replaced with the user's device under test to perform single interface, multi-interface, or wrap-around testing. Complex scenarios such as roaming, handovers, inter-network calls can be easily achieved.
The Test Suite support a variety of procedures for testing inter-operability between the networks simulating Voice, SMS (Circuit Switched traffic), and web browsing (Packet Switched traffic) with roaming/non-roaming users in the network. Provides feature testing of real Evolved Node B (eNodeB)/ NodeB/ Base Transceiver Station (BTS).
Why MAPS™ Wireless Network Simulation Test Suite?
Message Automation and Protocol Simulation (MAPS™) is a multi-protocol and multi-interface emulation software with a common framework to support emulation of variety of signaling protocols and traffic generation – which includes voice, tones, digits, fax, data, and video. It covers legacy PSTN, next generation VoIP, wireless equipment, interfaces, and networks. Interfaces can be Analog, TDM, IP/Ethernet or Wireless.
Simple-to-setup and execute
- Simple test bed configurations to establish communication between different network elements, and the mobile phones
- Ability to add unlimited number of user profiles and scripts
- The ready-to-use scripts can automate the call setup and traffic generation testing process
Call Scenarios 5G|4G|3G|2G
- Voice and SMS
- Real-mobile <-> Real-mobile
- Simulated UE <-> Real-mobile
- Simulated UE <-> Simulated UE
- Voice/SMS Circuit-Switched Fall back (CSFB)
- Voice/SMS over IMS
- Web Browsing
- Simulated UE
- Location Services
- Inter-Network Calls
- Roaming Calls
- Emulated Core Network Elements
- 5G - UE+gNB, AMF, SMF, UPF, AUSF, UDM, EIR, and SMSF
- 4G LTE - eNB, MME, SGW, PGW, HSS, and EIR
- IMS - P-CSCF, I-CSCF, S-CSCF, HSS, IP-SM-GW
- 3G - HNB, HNBGW, RNC, MSC, SGSN, and GGSN
- 2G - BTS, BSC, MSC, HLR, EIR, VLR, SMSC, and GMSC
Programmable and Scriptable
- MAPS™ based emulators provide a unique programmable, scriptable framework independent of any protocol or network
- Supports a variety of protocols under a common architecture framework
- Fine control any parameter in the emulated network environment. The scripts are events-driven and provide fine control over call behaviour
- Unlimited ability to edit signaling messages, protocol fields, and call flows
- Precise time communication between different core network entities