GL launches SonetExpert™ tester for High Speed
OC-3/STM-1 and OC-12/STM-4 Networks
Welcome to another issue of GL's newsletter providing information and insight into our new SonetExpert™ test platform for High Speed OC-3/12 and STM-1/4 Analysis and Emulation.
GL's SonetExpert™ is a USB based hardware platform capable of OC-3/12 and STM-1/4 wire-speed processing on optical ports meant for SONET/SDH channelized data carrying many independent unframed/framed T1 and E1 streams.
GL's SonetExpert™ Channelized Analyzer comprises of hardware and software for capturing, monitoring, emulating and analyzing protocols over SONET-SDH links. SonetExpert™ analyzer - with optical ports supports Channelized SONET and SDH mapping of T1/E1 payload. In this mode, SonetExpert™ supports direct access to all 336 T1 or 252 E1 channels on an OC-12/STM-4 line for analysis and simulation – all within a single PC. Its main advantage is that any of the T1/E1 or DS0 test requirements can be met without resorting to electrical accessand cumbersome, expensive and time consuming cabling and setup.
GL's SonetExpert™ hardware platform (USB unit) is capable of OC-3/12 and STM-1/4 wire-speed processing on two optical ports (Port 3 and Port 4) meant for SONET/SDH channelized data carrying many independent T1 and E1 streams.
The SonetExpert™ is connected to a PC USB 3.0 port via a USB 3.0 cable. The hardware is based on the firmware FPGA making it easy to upgrade in the field for application versatility. A unique feature of the unit is the capability to capture, transmit and process at wirespeed to/from applications and hard disk on all interfaces.
- 2x Channelized OC-3 STM-1/OC-12 STM-4 SONET/SDH interfaces per SonetExpert™ for simulating and monitoring in both directions
- Configure the number of T1 E1 channels to be multiplexed or demultiplexed to/from OC-3/12 STM-1/4
- Analyze / emulate voice, data, fax, protocols, analog and digital signals, including echo and voice quality
- Comprehensive protocol analysis and emulation - HDLC, SS7, ISDN, CAS, PPP, Frame Relay, ATM, UMTS and more
- Capture, transmit and process at wirespeed to/from applications and hard disk on all interfaces
- Broadcasts the selected T1/E1 channel data on all the 252 E1’s or 336 T1’s
- Direct access to any or all T1s and E1s
- 2 x 336 T1’s x 24 DS0s = 16,128 DS0s
- 2 x 252 E1’s x 31 DS0s = 15,624 DS0s
- Scans the received STM-4/STM-1 traffic and specifies the mapping, tributary type [T1/E1], equipped/unequipped status of the tributaries
- Pluggable SFPs allow Single mode (SM), and Multi-mode (MM) fiber optic non-intrusive tap
- Supports any combination of DS0/64/56/16/8 kbps fractional T1/E1, and N x T1/E1 interface definitions (a total of 252 E1s or 336 T1s – in each port)
- Loss of Signal (LOS) and Loss of Frames (LOF) Hardware Alarms indication, Service logging, External Clock supported, Line and Diagnostic Loopback options, Through mode and Port Swap Cross-port options
- Supports multiplexing multiple T1 or E1 channels to a single channelized OC-3/12 STM-1/4 line
- User Configurable OC-3/12 STM-1/4 Mapping
For more information, please refer to SonetExpert™ for channelized SDH/SONET Testing web page.