Press Release: GL Announces Voice and Data Testing Solutions with Enhanced Mobile Applications
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - May 07, 2012- GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its Voice and Data Testing Solutions with enhanced mobile applications.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Robert Bichefsky Senior Manager said, "our versatile Voice and Data Testing Solutions comprises: VQuad™ and VQuad™ - Probe, Mobile Device Controller (MDC), and WebViewerTM.
He added, "In today's increasingly complex and advanced communications networks, simple and effective methods of testing voice and data are sorely needed - GL's mobile test solution provides this capability with the flexibility of connecting to and between any network, any service, and any interface."
Mr. Bichefsky further explained, "GL's VQuad™ can connect to any mobile, landline or VoIP device and provide automated Voice and Data Quality analysis on the associated network. The VQuad™ solution utilizes user-friendly software with a USB based hardware component (Dual UTA - Universal Telephony Adapter) for connecting to devices and testing various networks. The Dual UTA incorporates several interfaces including Bluetooth®, 2-wire analog FXO, 4-wire analog and PTT for radio devices.
GL's new VQuad™ Probe is an all-in-one self-contained VQuad™ with Dual UTA test instrument. This comprehensive hardware device incorporates all the features of the current VQuad™ with Dual UTA unit such as portability and remote accessibility along with the necessary PC with Win7 OS. The Probe is designed for easier portability and convenient testing. It supports two independent devices for connecting to endpoints of a single network or two completely separate networks. The VQuad™ Probe is configured for control via Ethernet using Remote Desktop (thus not requiring the Keyboard/Mouse).
The VQuad™ Probe also supports T1 E1 interfaces when used with GL's Portable USB T1 E1 Analyzer. Using the T1 E1 Analyzer, the VQuad™ Probe can generate and receive up to 8 simultaneous CAS, PRI ISDN or No Call Control (NOCC) calls on T1 or E1 trunks. Note that support for SS7 is coming soon."
GL's WebViewer™ provides the method to control, monitor and access, in real time, the entire VQuad™/VQT network including all individual VQuad™ probes as well as the central location. Current status of the entire test is displayed along with customized user statistics and results of the active tests."
Important Features of our Data Testing Solutions:
- Local VQuad™ can control remote VQuad™ systems to expand testing for an entire network. All results and events are automatically transferred to a Central Database (optional WebViewer™ required).
- Automated Data Testing for Apple/Android Mobile Devices including TCP, UDP, VoIP, SMS, HTTP, FTP, and DNS.
- Automated Data Testing for PC Internet connection (Broadband 3G/4G, WiFi, Wired) including TCP, UDP, VoIP, Route, HTTP, FTP, and DNS.
- Data Testing supports remotely deployed GL Data Server target points for end-to-end testing. Remote Access for starting/stopping the tests along with retrieving results.
- Results available in real-time or post-processing
- Automatic execution of the VQT algorithms (PESQ LQ/LQO/WB).
- Automatic Round Trip Delay and One Way Delay Measurements.
- Echo Measurements testing, supports both line and acoustic echo
- Automated Data Testing including TCP, UDP, VoIP, Route, HTTP, FTP, DNS and SMS statistics are available for Mobile devices (i.e., iPhone, Android) as well as the internet connection of the PC (wired, WiFi, Broadband
- Support for PC and Apple (MacBook, iPad, iPhone) web browser
- All results from individual VQuad™ probes, VQT, VBA, and EMU are automatically sent to WebViewer™ central database
- Results include Voice Quality, Data Testing, Delay Measurements, Call Control, user generated events, and user-defined statistics
- Query results based on a variety of mechanisms including, but not limited to, time, device ID, location/test name, result threshold, result condition and value
- Display all result events or display events on per call basis (all results within call are averaged with min/max values provided)
About GL Communications Inc
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM,
Wireless, IP and VoIP networks. Unlike conventional test equipment, GL's test platforms provide visualization, capture,
storage, and convenient features like portability, remotability, and scripting.
GLís TDM Analysis & Emulation line of products includes T1, E1, T3, E3, OC-3, OC-12, STM-1, STM-4, analog four-wire,
and analog two-wire interface cards, external portable pods, and complete system solutions. Capabilities include voiceband
traffic analysis and emulation across all traffic types (voice, digits, tones, fax, modem), all protocols (ISDN, SS7, GR-303,
Frame Relay, HDLC, V5.X, ATM, GSM, GPRS, LTE, etc.), and with capacities up to thousands of channels. Our newest products
provide astonishing capacity and capture capability up to and including gigabit speeds.
GLís VoIP and IP products generate / analyze thousands of calls and traffic simultaneously with traffic types such as
frames, packets, voice files, digits, video, tones, noise, and fax. Almost all codecs are supported including G.711, G.729,
AMR, EVRC-A,B,C, GSM, iSAC, and many more. Additional features include visual analysis, real-time listening, and recording.
The product line also includes Ethernet / IP Testing capability that simulates and checks frame transport and throughput
parameters of Ethernet and IP networks, including delay, errors and other impairments.
GL's Voice Quality Testing (VQT) product line complements all of GL's products. Using ITU-standard algorithms (PAMS,
PSQM, and PESQ), GL's VQT provides a widely accepted solution for assessing voice quality in the telecom industry. Voice
Quality Testing across multiple networks (T1, E1, T3, E3, OC-3, OC-12, VoIP, Wireless, and Landline) are all available.
GLís Wireless Products perform protocol analysis and voice quality assessment on GSM, CDMA, UMTS, and LTE
networks. Connections can be made to any wireless phone with automated call control, GPS mapping and real-time signal
GLís Echo Canceller testing solutions provide the broadest range of simulation and analysis, including line and acoustic
echo. GLís compliance testing per G.168. G.167 and P.340 across TDM, IP, VoIP and Wireless networks is widely accepted
in the industry.
GLís wireless VQT solutions help assessing impairments to voice quality such as poor mobile phone quality, voice
compression and decompression algorithms, delay, loss and gain in speech levels, noise, acoustic and landline echo, and
other distortions are easily assessed and accurately measured.
GLís Handheld data testers can test a wide variety of communications facilities and equipment including T1, fractional
T1, E1, fractional E1, T3 and E3 modems, multiplexers, CSU, DSUs, T1 CSUs, DTUs, NTUs and TIUs and more. The testers
provide convenience, economy, and portability for almost any interface, including RS232, RS-422, RS-530, X.21, T1, E1,
T3, E3, and many others.
GLís Network Surveillance and Monitoring products include Probes for TDM, IP, VoIP, ATM, and Wireless networks. An
open standards based approach provides a scalable, feature rich, real-time access to network characteristics. Centralized
or distributed access, efficient transport and database loading allow compatibility with 3rd party and standards based
For more information about GL's complete line of products,
Back to Press Releases Index Page
Phone: 301-670-4784 ext. 114