Newsletter: GL Announces Voice and Data Testing Solutions with
Enhanced Mobile Applications
Welcome to a May, 2012 issue of GL's Newsletter providing information on our versatile Voice and Data Quality Testing Solutions: VQuad™ and VQuad™ - Probe, Mobile Device Controller(MDC), and WebViewer™.
Communications is dramatically changing right now, as "mobility" and "IP" technologies such as LTE, Advanced LTE, WiMax, 3G, and Broadband Internet, lead this transformation. As these technologies are rolled out, basic voice/data quality will ultimately determine the fate of carriers and end equipment manufacturers. Simple and effective methods of testing voice and data are sorely needed - GL's mobile test solution provides this capability with the flexibility of connecting to and between any network, any service, and any interface.
Typical networks that are supported by GL's VQuad™
- Dual UTA hardware/software include Wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth®, 3G, 4G, LTE) , Broadband Internet (3G, 4G), VoIP SIP, PSTN, and TDM. Automated testing using GL's VQuad™ Scripting, portability for mobile drive testing, remote accessibility, and centralized data retrieval, analysis and control are just a few attributes of GL's next generation Voice and Data Testing solution.
GL's VQuad™ can connect to any mobile, landline or VoIP device and provide automated Voice and Data Quality analysis on the associated network. The VQuad™ solution utilizes user-friendly software with a USB based hardware component (Dual UTA - Universal Telephony Adapter) for connecting to devices and testing various networks. The Dual UTA incorporates several interfaces including Bluetooth®, 2-wire analog FXO, 4-wire analog and PTT for radio devices.
The Bluetooth® interface provides a wireless connection to any Bluetooth® enabled mobile device connecting to any network. Hence the GL solution is network and device independent. The testing is fully automated and can be controlled from a central system or via a WEB Browser. All test results are automatically relayed to a Central Database where they are accessed via a simple WEB Browser/Viewer. Multiple phone nodes run simultaneously and concurrently for testing different networks, different locations, and between different end points.
Added to the GL VQuad™ solution is Data Testing for all wireless networks. Using the VQuad™ product along with a standard PC internet connection, automated tests including TCP, UDP, HTTP, VoIP, Route, FTP and DNS are supported. The PC internet connection can be wired Ethernet, WiFi, or even Broadband card (both LTE and 3G fully supported).
Also available is the GL's NetTest package for Data Testing on any supported Mobile Device. This feature uses downloadable apps for both Apple and Android devices and is remotely controlled via the GL Mobile Device Controller system. Using VQuad™ one can remotely and automatically perform these same Data Tests on Apple and Android devices when connected to LTE/3G networks or over a WiFi network. The Data tests can be performed while also running Voice Quality tests. In other words, if the network supports both Voice and Data simultaneously, GL´s solution can support and provide valuable information with regard to voice and data network quality.
Some of the important Features:
- Single box portable solution interfacing with the following:
- Any Communication Device (Mobile phone, Smart phones (iPhone, Android), Military/Mobile radio, Bluetooth®, WiMax, WiFi)
- 2-Wire POTS (connect to PSTN, ATA, Media Gateway)
- SIP Call Agent (act as a SoftPhone and configure Proxy and Registrar).
- VoIP Ethernet (connect directly to any SoftPhone or any digital/VoIP hardware phone)
- T1/E1 (CAS and PRI ISDN protocols supported)
- Local VQuad™ can control remote VQuad™ systems to expand testing for an entire network. All results and events are automatically transferred to a Central Database (optional WebViewer™ required).
- Automated Data Testing for Apple/Android Mobile Devices including TCP, UDP, VoIP, SMS, HTTP, FTP, and DNS.
- Automated Data Testing for PC Internet connection (Broadband 3G/4G, WiFi, Wired) including TCP, UDP, VoIP, Route, HTTP, FTP, and DNS.
- Data Testing supports remotely deployed GL Data Server target points for end-to-end testing.
- Echo Measurement testing over TDM, VoIP, 2-Wire, and Wireless using Echo Measurement Utility (EMU)
- Enhanced VQuad™ scripting for generating a variety of automated Voice and Data quality tests.
GL's new VQuad™ Probe is an all-in-one self-contained VQuad™ with Dual UTA test instrument. This comprehensive hardware device incorporates all the features of the current VQuad™ with Dual UTA unit such as portability and remote accessibility along with the necessary PC with Win7 OS. The Probe is designed for easier portability and convenient testing.
The VQuad™ Probe is of same length as the current Dual UTA hardware, but about twice as high and 50% wider. For exact dimensions, refer to the specifications. The VQuad™ Probe supports two independent devices for connecting to endpoints of a single network or two completely separate networks. The VQuad™ Probe is configured for control via Ethernet using Remote Desktop (thus not requiring the Keyboard/Mouse).
The VQuad™ Probe also supports T1 E1 interfaces when used with GL's Portable USB T1 E1 Analyzer. Using the T1 E1 Analyzer, the VQuad™ Probe can generate and receive up to 8 simultaneous CAS, PRI ISDN or No Call Control (NOCC) calls on T1 or E1 trunks. Note that support for SS7 is coming soon.
Some of the important Features:
- A single solution for up to 8 interfaces
- Each port may be controlled independently for traffic and call control
- Automatic send/receive voice files over already established calls
- Time/Digit/Tone triggering of send/receive voice files.
- Remote Access for starting/stopping the tests along with retrieving results.
- Results available in real-time or post-processing
- Automatic execution of the VQT algorithms (PESQ LQ/LQO/WB).
- Automatic Round Trip Delay and One Way Delay Measurements
- Echo Measurements testing, supports both line and acoustic echo
- Automated Data Testing including TCP, UDP, VoIP, Route, HTTP, FTP, DNS and SMS statistics are available for Mobile devices (i.e., iPhone, Android) as well as the internet connection of the PC (wired, WiFi, Broadband (3G or 4G), LTE).
provides the method to control, monitor and access, in real time, the entire VQuad™
/VQT network including all individual VQuad™ probes
as well as the central location. Current status of the entire test is displayed along with customized user statistics and results of the active tests.
Some of the important Features:
- Support for PC and Apple (MacBook, iPad, iPhone) web browser
- All results from individual VQuad™ probes, VQT, VBA, and EMU are automatically sent to WebViewer™ central database.
- Results include Voice Quality, Data Testing, Delay Measurements, Call Control, user generated events, and user-defined statistics
- Customized Reports for both Results and Statistics can be output as either Excel or Text formats.
- Database backup, export and import utilities
- Query results based on a variety of mechanisms including, but not limited to, time, device ID, location/test name, result threshold, result condition and value
- Display all result events or display events on per call basis (all results within call are averaged with min/max values provided)
For comprehensive information on the applications, please refer to Complete VQT Solutions web page.
Back to Latest News Page