Press Release: GL Communications Introduces T1/E1 Analysis Software Ver 4.86 with New Applications and Enhancements
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - April 18, 2005 - GL Communications Inc, a leading provider of test and measurement products for the telecom industry, today announced the release of T1/E1 Analysis Suite version 4.86 with new and enhanced applications and features. The T1/E1 Analysis Suite provides comprehensive analysis and emulation capabilities for voiceband analysis and signaling protocol analysis.
The new additions to the T1/E1 Analyzer Suite include applications such as, Enhanced Delay Attenuate Timeslots, GSM TRAU Traffic Playback, Remote Voice Band Activity Detector and new protocol analyzers such as PPP Analyzer, UMTS Analyzer, and Instant Client Analyzer.
- Delay Attenuate Timeslots with Very Low Echo Path Delays (for HD boards) is an addition to the already existing Echo Test Solutions application. This application allows one to apply delay, attenuation (gain), and/or filtering to a received signal with very low echo path delays. It also allows one to mix additional signals from other sources, including speech signals. Speech signals can be inserted via VF input, Gaussian noise signals or using the Tone generated internally within the application.
- Trau Traffic Playback application provides the capability to playback the recorded Trau file(s) on selected or on all subchannels of T1/ E1 lines. It allows one to transmit either a single file or multiple files on the desired subchannels at any given time. The transmission can be done at either full rate (16kbps) or half rate (8 kbps).
- PPP Protocol Analyzer application is used to capture a host of PPP protocols exchanged between the two nodes over DS1 link. It can decode different PPP protocols such as Link Control Protocol, Authentication protocol, Bridging PDU and more.
- UMTS Protocol Analyzer application is used to decode various UMTS protocols like NBAP, ALCAP, FP and more. Currently it has the capability to decode all protocols related to Iub interface of UMTS network
- Instant Client Analyzer application allows monitoring all GL's T1/E1 analyzer cards remotely within an internal network.
- Remote Voiceband Activity Detector is a multi-server client application intended to monitor voice band activity at any number of points in a network. The Voice band Monitor measures voice band characteristics such as active power level, percent active, background noise, max/min signal levels, echo, and DC offset.
Additionally, various enhancements have been made to T1/E1 Analyzer applications such as, Tx/Rx Loopback, Protocol Analyzers, Windows Client Server, and Transmit Dialing Digits.
Enhancements to Protocol Analyzers
- The Configure menu item has been modified to set configuration settings such as Summary Columns Display, Protocol Standards, Network/User Side Selection, Time Format, Search Criteria, Filter Criteria, Periodic Trace Saving Option and more.
- ISDN analyzer now includes the protocol standard Q.93x.
- SS7 analyzer now includes the protocol standard CAMEL in SS7 (ITU and China).
Trau Analyzer is now integrated with Oscilloscope, Spectral Analysis, and Digit Tone Detection applications.
TxRx File Utility includes a new 'sample.ctl' that transmits raw data over subchannels.
GPRS (IP Gx) Analysis now supports Gn and Ga interfaces.
Transmit Dialing Digits application includes an extended twist in DTMF parameter (from -30 to +30 range).
There have been many other minor enhancements and bug fixes to the T1/E1 software. Kindly refer to the "What's New In Current Version" link for further details.
About GL Communications Inc
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of rigorous, PC and Laptop-based test, analysis, and simulation equipment to the telecommunications industry. The company offers a wide range of products and services designed to aid telecommunications engineers working in research and development as well as those responsible for operations and ongoing quality assurance. For information on GL's test, analysis and simulation products visit www.gl.com
Back to Press Releases Index Page
Phone: 301-670-4784 ext. 114