Press Release: GL Introduces PPP Protocol Analyzer
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - August 5th, 2005 - GL Communications Inc, a leading provider of test and measurement products for the telecom industry, today announced the release of a new
protocol analyzer, PPP Protocol Analyzer, designed to capture and analyze various PPP protocols over IP network.
The Point-to-Point protocol (PPP) is a link layer protocol, which is generally used to establish a direct connection between two network nodes over a serial link. Today, the PPP protocol standard
finds wide use in synchronous connections between LANs, bridges, routers, and other intermediate devices.
GL's PPP Protocol Analyzer is based on the same feature-rich architecture as other GL's protocol analyzers. It can capture and analyze a suite of PPP protocols such as LCP, NCP, PPP BPDU, PAP, CHAP, HTTP, SNMP, FTP, DNS, and DHCP.
The tool allows a test engineer to monitor, capture, and perform numerous measurements across WAN-LAN or LAN-LAN connections. It also includes the ability to test and analyze HDLC-based PPP protocols in a synchronous environment.
Some of the main features of PPP Analyzer are listed below:
- Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista Operating Systems with user friendly GUIs.
- Works with GL's field proven Ultra E1 or T1 internal cards or Laptop E1 or T1 external units. Other interfaces also available soon.
- Supports analysis in real-time as well as offline.
- Supports both PPP routed and PPP bridged protocols.
- Supports data transmissions on single channel, sub channels or hyper-channels.
- Allows exporting detailed information to an ASCII file: all captured frames or only filtered frames defined by a comprehensive filter criterion and raw frame data as hexadecimal and ASCII octet dump.
- Allows exporting summary information to a comma-delimited file for subsequent import into a database or spreadsheet.
- Supports statistics display based on frame count, byte count, frames/sec, bytes/sec, and more for the entire capture data.
- Supports call records and message trace to be monitored remotely and centrally using NetSurveyorTM.
Please refer to PPP Analyzer page for further details.
About GL Communications Inc
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of rigorous, PC and Laptop-based test, analysis, and simulation equipment to the telecommunications industry. The company offers a wide range of products
and services designed to aid telecommunications engineers working in research and development as well as those responsible for operations and ongoing quality assurance.
Back to Press Releases Index Page
Phone: 301-670-4784 ext. 114