Press Release: GL Announces INAP Emulation
Over IP (Intelligent Network Application Part)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - December 21, 2012- GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its latest product INAP Emulation over IP.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Jagdish Vadalia Senior Manager for product development of the company said, "INAP is part of SS7 protocol suite and used for services such as single number translation (800), local number portability, incoming call management (do not disturb or call forwarding), backup call destinations in case of disaster, and similar services."
He added, "MAPS™ ANSI INAP is an advanced protocol simulator/tester for ANSI INAP (Intelligent Network Application Part) services. The tester supports testing network elements gsmSCF and gsmSSF, error tracking, regression testing, conformance testing, and load testing/call generation. It is able to run pre-defined test scenarios against ANSI INAP test objects in a controlled & deterministic manner."
Mr. Vadalia further added, "MAPS™ ANSI INAP scripts are suitable for testing objects accurately, reliably and validated for compliance with ANSI specifications. It is suitable for controlling telecommunication services such as CNAM (Calling Name Delivery), LNP (Local Number Portability), and Toll-free 800 Number over TCAP layer.
The MAPS™ ANSI INAP application gives the users the unlimited ability to edit ANSI INAP messages and IN service scenarios (message sequences). "Message sequences" are generated through scripts. "Messages" are created using message templates."
- ANSI INAP Emulator can simulate GSM SSF and GSM SCF entities
- User-friendly GUI for configuring the SCTP Layer
- User configurable signaling links
- Access to all ANSI INAP message parameters like CNAM, TCAP 800 Number, LNP, Signaling Link Test Message, and more
- User controlled access to optional parameters such as timers
- Ready scripts for Customizable 800 Number, CNAM, LNP, Call Diversion
- Supports customization of call flows and message templates using Script editor and Message editor
- Supports scripted call generation and automated call reception
- Provides protocol trace with full message decoding, and graphical ladder diagrams of call flow with time stamp
- Script based & protocol independent software architecture
- Provides call statistics with associated captured events and error events during call simulation
For comprehensive information on the application, you can refer to MAPS™ ANSI INAP protocol emulator web page.
Back to Press Releases Index Page