Press Release: GL Announces Diameter Protocol Emulator for LTE
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - June 22, 2012- GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its latest product MAPS™ Diameter Protocol Emulator software – Scripted LTE Diameter S6a, S6d, Cx, Dx, Gx, and Rx Interfaces Emulation.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Karthik Ramalingam, Manager of Product Development, said, “The Diameter protocol is intended to provide a framework for Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) for applications such as network access, roaming, and IP mobility. AAA protocols are used to determine whether the user is allowed to connect to the network (Authentication) and use a particular service (Authorization). It is also used to track network resources used by end-user for accurate billing (Accounting).
AAA protocols such as TACACS and RADIUS were initially deployed to provide dial-up PPP and terminal server access. Over time, with the growth of the Internet and the introduction of new access technologies put new demands on AAA protocols, and as a result Diameter is a considerably more sophisticated protocol than RADIUS.”
He added, “Diameter protocol has been chosen as the AAA protocol in all next generation fixed and mobile IP- based networks (IMS, LTE). It is designed to support data, services, and applications with extreme flexibility and is expected to replace all legacy protocols such as MAP, LDAP, Radius, and others.
GL’s general-purpose platform for emulation of protocols is Message Automation & Protocol Simulation (MAPS™). Recently Diameter protocol for has been added to its wide range of emulation support. The MAPS™ Diameter
gives the users the unlimited ability to edit S6a, S6d, Cx, Dx, Gx, and Rx interface messages to support various procedures such as Location Management, Subscriber Data Handling, Authentication, Fault Recovery, and Notification procedures over S6a interface and AA-Request/Answer, Re-Auth-Request/Answer, Abort-Session-Request/Answer, and Session-Termination-Request/Answer procedure over Rx interface.”
The SS7 (ISUP) & ISDN applications are described below:
- Emulator can be configured as MME, HSS, PCRF, AF, CSCF, SGSN, and PDN GW entities to emulate S6a, S6d, Cx, Dx, Gx and Rx interfaces.
- User-friendly GUI for generating hundreds of UE Signaling (Load Testing)
- Ready scripts for Location Management, Subscriber Data Handling, Authentication, Fault Recovery, and Notification procedures over S6a interface. AA-Request/Answer, Re-Auth-Request/Answer, Abort-Session-Request/Answer, and Session-Termination-Request/Answer procedure over Rx interface
- Impairments can be applied to messages to simulate error conditions.
- Supports customization of call flows and message templates using Script editor and Message editor
- Ready-to-use scripts for quick testing
- Supports scripted call generation and automated call reception
- Provides protocol trace with full message decoding, and graphical ladder diagrams of call flow with time stamp
- Script based & protocol independent software architecture
- Provides call statistics and associated captured events and error events during call simulation
For comprehensive understanding of the product, please visit MAPS™ Diameter Protocol Emulator web page.
Back to Press Releases Index Page