Press Release: GL Announces LinkTest™ Dual E1
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - August 20, 2012- GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its latest product LinkTest™ DUAL E1- A hand-held, battery operated, E1 test and measurement device.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Vijay Kulkarni CEO of the company said, “LinkTest™ DUAL E1 is a user-friendly, hand-held, battery operated, E1 test and measurement device with standard basic features plus sophisticated Jitter, Wander, and Datacom testing options and comes with a very low cost. One unit provides most if not all the testing features you may need in the field to make troubleshooting easy and quick.”
He added, “GL's LinkTest™ DUAL E1 is a hand-held dual-port tester for E1 and data communications (V.11 / X.24, V.24/RS232, V.35, V.36/RS449, EIA-530, EIA-530A) interfaces. Port A is full-featured 2048 kb/s interface. Port B usage is configurable (2048 kb/s TX/RX, co-directional, or for clock input). It has an external DC input and internal rechargeable batteries. This makes the tester suitable for field-testing applications.
With the support of a large range of software options for E1 services and sub-rate multiplexing, the LinkTest™ DUAL E1 unit provides a scalable test solution for E1 and datacom testing. It provides a large, clear screen with a full set of physical layer tests for E1 balanced and unbalanced circuits including BERT, VF, round trip delay and signal level.”
Mr. Kulkarni further added, “The tester is simple to use and rugged - perfect for installation, commissioning and maintenance of digital networks. The unit is an excellent tester for network operators, contractors and enterprise users who have to manage fixed and mobile networks that are using E1 and Datacom back-haul circuits.
The main applications include digital voice and data testing, jitter measurement, wander measurement, and pulse mask compliance. The tester can be used for maintaining and troubleshooting PDH, synchronization, and datacom links.”
- Multi-interface capability: V.24/RS232, V.11/X.24, V.35, V.36/RS449
- Supports ITU-T G.711 encoding with A law, G.703 E1 (2.048 Mbit/s), G.704, G.703 co-directional
- ITU-T G.821, G.826, and M.2100 performance analysis
- Supported Line codes - HDB3 (High-density bipolar with three zeroes), AMI (Alternate mark inversion)
- Rugged, hand-held, battery operated, low-cost, and software upgradable design for field use
- Carry out generation and analysis of both framed signals (as per ITU-T G.704) and unframed tests
- Collection of call records from remote locations
- CAS signaling generation and monitoring
- Extensive error detection and alarm generation for detecting bit errors, frame errors, signal defects and anomalies
- Error Insertion at physical level, frame level, and pattern level - Modes are Single, Rate, Burst or Continuous burst
For more information about GL's complete line of products,
Back to Press Releases Index Page
Phone: 301-670-4784 ext. 114