Newsletter: GL Announces Enhanced PacketScanWeb™ Software
(Real-time Network Monitoring System for VoIP Networks)
Welcome to a August, 2010 issue of GL Communications' newsletter providing information and insight into our enhanced
PacketScanWeb™ software - A real-time network monitoring
system for VoIP networks.
PacketScanWeb™ along with GL's PacketScan™,
Listener, and Oracle database, provide the essential elements for a centralized packet monitoring system.
PacketScan™ is a powerful tool that captures live IP traffic, and segregates into SIP, H323, Megaco, or MGCP type calls.
Hundreds to thousands of calls can be monitored in real-time including detailed analysis of selected voice band streams.
PacketScanWeb™ is a network monitoring extension of
PacketScan™, wherein multiple PacketScan's monitor and provide statistics to a central database. With
PacketScanWeb™, users can assess in real-time various network wide statistics using a simple web based interface.
PacketScanWeb™ has three-tier architecture. Each
PacketScan™ probe in layer 1 captures and transmits measurements and statistics to the central database. This
second layer provides a means for storing the captured statistics. The third layer is the Application Server, where the data
presentation logic is contained.
Using the Application Server
Using any browser-capable-device, you can access the results from anywhere in the world. The Real-time data
consisting of details of all calls captured or measured by various PacketScan™ probes are be displayed.
PacketScanWeb™ provides various statistics such as, Probe Name,
Calling/Called Number, Start Time, Call Duration, Session Request Delay (ms), Session Disconnect Delay (ms), Originating
IP Address, and Destination IP Address.
Call Detail Records
Call detail records can be displayed based on time filter or record index and have an option to export into PDF form.
Each Call detail is depicted by message sequence which gives ladder diagram of the call flow between the Called and the
A pictorial representation of Call Flow is shown below.
Graphs & Reports
Reports view provides an overall summary of the captured packet traffic over the entire network with the help of useful
graphs such as Call Volume Display, Call Failure Cause, Session Request Delay (SRD), Listening and Conversational MOS
A pictorial representation of Reports view
Important New Features
- Ability to Export both Reports view(Graphical) and tabular view into PDF
- Custom Paging with options like Previous, Next, First, Last and user defined page for navigation of records
- Check option to generate all/selected kinds of reports at a glance
- Display of records with an option to select Time filter like calendar day or user defined filter
Other Features Include
- Accessible remotely via browser based clients
- Multi-user support, and user-friendly interface
- Database stores the real-time and historic data collected
- Supports interfacing with Oracle database
- Provides database query methods to gather status, statistics, events & query results
- Results are displayed both in tabular and graphical formats
- Provides call details such as Call Graph, Frame Summary and Frame Decodes
- Custom Filters (Day, Time, Called/Calling Number, Probe, Payload, Duration…)
For comprehensive information on the application, please visit
PacketScanWeb™ web page.
Back to Latest News Page