Press Release: GL Announces Enhanced
Packet Test Tools
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - February 19, 2009 - GL Communications Inc., announced today the release of enhanced packet test tools:
PacketScan™, PacketCheck™, RTP Toolbox™ and PacketGen™. In a statement released to the press, Mr. John Phipps, Senior
Test Manager of Packet Tools at GL said, "Our Packet Test tools provide comprehensive test solutions that cover the entire gamut of testing packet
networks including Ethernet, IP and more complex VoIP testing, monitoring and voice quality assessment". He added, "Our Packet Test tools are now
supported with enhanced features and functionalities that would address the needs of testing packet networks."
Important new features of PacketScan™:
- Call Graph: The application has been enhanced with addition of the call graph and T.38 ladder diagram display. Now the user can decode
T.38 frames received over VoIP calls and can have ladder diagram for T.38 traffic flow.
- SMPP (Short Message Peer to Peer) protocol support: The application has been added with the supported decode of SMPP protocol.
- Dynamic Payload Map Table: Now Payload Map Table contains all supported codecs (both static and dynamic payloads). This helps in setting
payload type number for all codecs for auto detected traffic.
For comprehensive information on the product, please refer to PacketScan™ web page.
Important features of PacketCheck™:
- Test Ethernet traffic of up to 500Mbps bandwidth
- Generate full duplex IP, UDP, or Ethernet frame traffic to transmit and /or receive traffic on any of the three layers (Data Link/Network
layer/Transport) with on-demand bandwith
- Bit-error-rate testing (BERT) on layer 2, layer 3, and layer 4 with detailed runtime statistics for both Tx and Rx
- Customizable 2 bytes test pattern
- Supports end-to-end (Tx and Rx) performance statistics monitoring
For comprehensive information on the product, please refer to PacketCheck™ web page.
Important new features of RTP ToolBox™:
- If there is no NAT address or not specified, now the address can be specified "0.0.0.0" as default NAT address.
Supported NAT address in both RTB GUI and CLI
- For G711 appendix 2, now the user can generate both power and spectral information for SID packets
- There is a feature now to solve payload mismatch in Profiles
For comprehensive information on the product, please refer to RTP ToolBox™ web page.
Important new features of PacketGen™:
- New Codec Support with an enhanced script editor
- Reliable Provisional Responses (RPR)
- Digit Detection Qualifications
- Option to turn on/off sending outband digits information in signaling
- RTP Script Editor Changes
- Command Line Interpreter
- Option to set EVRC Packing Format (Using INI File)
- UA Configuration
For comprehensive information on the product, please refer to PacketGen™ web page.
About GL Communications Inc
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM, Wireless, IP and VoIP networks.
Unlike conventional test equipment, GL's test platforms provide visualization, capture, storage, and convenient features like portability, remotability,
GL's TDM Analysis & Emulation line of products includes T1, E1, T3, E3, OC-3, STM-1, analog four-wire, and analog two-wire interface cards, external
portable pods, and complete system solutions. Capabilities include voiceband traffic analysis and emulation across all traffic types (voice, digits, tones,
fax, modem), all protocols (ISDN, SS7, GR-303, Frame Relay, HDLC, V5.X, ATM, GSM, GPRS, etc.), and with capacities up to thousands of channels.
GL's VoIP products generate / analyze thousands of calls simultaneously with traffic types such as voice files, digits, video, tones, noise, and fax
using G.711, G.729, AMR, EVRC, GSM and a range of other codecs. Additional features include visual analysis, real-time listening, and recording.
The product line also includes a Software Ethernet Testing capability that checks frame transport and throughput parameters of Ethernet and IP networks.
GL's Voice Quality Testing (VQT) product line complements all of GL's products. Using ITU-standard algorithms (PAMS, PSQM, and PESQ),
GL's VQT provides a widely excepted solution across the telecom industry. Voice Quality Testing across multiple networks (T1/E1/T3/E3/OC-3, VoIP,
Wireless, Landline, etc.) are all available.
GL's Wireless Products perform protocol analysis and voice quality assessment on GSM, CDMA and UMTS networks. Connections can be made to any
wireless phone with automated call control, GPS mapping and real-time signal measurements.
GL's Echo Canceller testing solutions provide the broadest range of simulation and analysis, including compliance testing per G.168 and G.160 across
TDM, IP, VoIP and Wireless networks. GL's wirelss VQT solutions help assessing impairments to voice quality such as poor mobile phone quality, voice
compression and decompression algorithms, delay, loss and gain in speech levels, noise, acoustic and landline echo, and other distortions are easily
assessed and accurately measured.
GL's Handheld data testers can test a wide variety of communications facilities and equipment including T1, fractional T1, E1, fractional E1, T3 and
E3 modems, multiplexers, CSU/DSUs, T1 CSUs, DTUs, NTUs and TIUs and more. The testers provide convenience, economy, and portability for almost
any interface, including RS232, RS422 / RS530, X.21, T1, E1, T3, E3, and many others.
GL's Network Surveillance and Monitoring products include Probes for TDM, IP, VoIP, ATM, and Wireless networks. An open standards based
approach provides a scalable, feature rich, real-time access to network intelligence. Centralized or distributed access, efficient transport and database
loading allow compatibility with 3rd party and standards based monitoring systems.
For more information about GL's complete line of products,
Back to Press Releases Index Page
Phone: 301-670-4784 ext. 114