VoIP Network Testing w/ GL's Media Gateway
GL's Digital Central Office Switch Simulator (DCOSS) along with the GL's Media Gateway (MG) supports traffic and signaling testing of VoIP
and TDM networks. The DCOSS / Media Gateway combination provides user friendly bulk call generation, scripting, and other automated call
generation and reception for various voiceband traffic types including voice, fax, and modem traffic. It can be connected to any TDM or IP
Phone, softphone, VoIP or TDM PBX, or TDM or VoIP Network / Cloud.
The DCOSS / Media Gateway supports internal traffic generation/ reception (Fax, Modem, Voice Files, Digits and Tones) as well as external traffic from
optional analog 2-wire and BRI 4-wire interfaces. The DCOSS / Media Gateway supports a variety of different TDM and VoIP protocols. Support
for VoIP includes SIP, H.323, Megaco, MGCP, and T.38 fax. Support for TDM includes ISDN, SS7, and CAS. The following features are also supported: bulk
calling, scripting, and remote client/server access.
- Testing VoIP network elements, including IP phones, softphones, IP PBX
- Fax and Modem traffic generation and verification
- Stress testing with bulk call generation capability
- Dual redundant Ethernet trunks
- Call capacity up to 96 or 120 calls simultaneously (scalable depending on the GL Media Gateway selected)
- Voice, Fax and Modem Call Generation and Reception
- DTMF/MF Generation and Detection
- Single/Dual Frequency Tone Generation and Detection
- Call Monitoring and Recording
- Automatic Bulk Call Generation/Reception for Load Testing
- Bulk Call Scripting
- Call Statistics and Call Detail Records
- Save/Load all parameters as user-defined configurations
Media Gateway (Basic Configuration)
GL's Media Gateway (MG) in combination with GL's DCOSS is used to provide bulk call traffic generation for VoIP.
- Supports up to 96 to 120 simultaneous connections using dual redundant Ethernet ports
- Supports VoIP protocols such as SIP, H.323, and MEGACO, MGCP
- Supports codecs such as G.711, G.726, G.723.1, G.720A, EVRC, and GSM-FR
- Supports G.165 and G.168 Echo Cancellation with 32, 64, 125 ms tail length
- Fax and Modem transport and T.38 Compliance
- Supports VoIP per IETF RFC 2550 and 3551standards
The MG can also be used with GL's T1E1 Analyzer for various call capture and analysis functions.
MG with USB T1 / E1 pod
MG with Universal T1 E1 Cards
DCOSS Related Links
* Specifications and features subject to change without notice.
Back to Protocol Emulation Index Page