Press Release: GL Communications Releases Digital Central Office Switch Simulator (DCOSS)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - February 2, 2005 - GL Communications Inc., today announced the release of their enhanced analysis and simulation equipment, DCOSS version 5.10.
DCOSS is a key simulating equipment used by telecommunications network engineers. Typical applications of DCOSS include:
- Testing switches, gateways, and networks using a variety of signaling protocols. These available protocols include T1/E1 CAS, PRI ISDN, SS7, and SS5.
- Simulating traffic and analyzing traffic.
- Voice Quality Testing using PAMS, PSQM, PSQM Plus, and PESQ.
- Real-Time FAX Call Generation/Reception (V.29, V.27, V.17, V.33).
- Send/Receive Modem Traffic (V.21, V.23, V.34, V.90, V.92).
- Transmit and Detect Tones (Single/Dual), and Digits (DTMF/MF).
The features in DCOSS version 5.10 as announced today include,
In addition to the above enhancements, there have been many other minor enhancements and bug fixes to the earlier version of DCOSS. Please visit DCOSS page for further details.
About GL Communications Inc
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of rigorous, PC and Laptop-based test, analysis, and simulation equipment to the telecommunications industry. The company offers a wide range of products and services designed to aid telecommunications engineers working in research and development as well as those responsible for operations and ongoing quality assurance. For information on GL's test, analysis and simulation products visit www.gl.com
Back to Press Releases Index Page
Phone: 301-670-4784 ext. 114