tProbe™ - T1 E1 VF and Serial Data Analysis and Emulation
Oct 2023 00:41:51
Presented by : Vikram Kulkarni & Shashi Murthy
T1 E1 carriers are still used extensively throughout the world for carrying large volumes of voice and data traffic. Their popularity can be attributed to their high reliability, manageability, and flexibility. The available digitized channels (24 for T1 and 32 for E1) can be used separately or they can be combined to provide higher transmission bandwidth.
GL's tProbe™ is a test and measurement device for T1 E1 networks. It is portable, remotely accessible and allows for a vast collection of applications. The tProbe™ can monitor and emulate common voice protocols including ISDN, SS7, CAS, etc. The tProbe™ also includes optional boards such as Datacom (DCE or DTE) and FXO FXS ports. The FXO port on the tProbe™ can simulate a two-wire FXO device such as a telephone or a fax machine.
- Monitor T1 E1 line conditions such as frame errors, violations, alarms, frequency, power level, and clock (or frame/bit) slips. Monitor all timeslots in real time
- Comprehensive Analysis / Emulation of Voice, Data, Fax, Protocol, Analog, and Digital signals, including Echo and Voice Quality testing
- T1 E1 Pulse Shape, Jitter Measurement Analysis, and Jitter Generation
- Software selectable T1 or E1 interface along with Drop and Insert
- FXO and FXS board allows simulating FXO and FXS ports; the FXO port to simulate a two-wire FXO device such as a telephone or a fax machine and the FXS port on tProbe™ to emulates a 2-wire FXS service such as a telephone wall jack
- Datacom board supports V.24, V.35, V.36, RS-449, RS-485, EIA-530, and EIA-530A interfaces and can be configured as DTE or DCE to test Channel Service Unit (CSU) and Data Service Unit (DSU) entities
- Physical layer analysis includes the ability to send alarms and errors via SNMP Traps
- Lightweight (1.24 lbs) and small footprint (6.05" x 5.55" x 1.60")
- Enhanced VF Drop and VF Insert Capabilities using 3.5mm Balanced (Stereo), or Unbalanced (Mono) physical connections
For more information, please visit: T1 E1 Testing Solutions