Optical Tap Repeaters and Multiport T1 E1 Repeaters
Jan 2021 00:42:55
Presented by : Vijay Kulkarni, Steve Wasilko, Zac Link
Optical Tap Repeaters and Multiport T1 E1 Repeaters provide multiple identical outputs for optical and electrical signals. Rates from 55 Mbps to 10 Gbps are covered with three separate product lines.
- For OC-3 / STM-1, OC-12 / STM-4, OC-48 / STM-16, 1 GigE, and 2.5 GigE rates an Optical/Electrical Tap Repeater provides 1 x 5 or 2 x 3 outputs.
- For 1 GigE to 10 GigE rates 2 x 2 outputs are provided.
- For optical product lines, the need for optical taps that cut the optical power by 30% or 50% are not needed, since the signals are repeated at full power.
- For T1 E1 rates, 1 x 12, 1 x 10, 2 x 8 output configurations are provided.
Important Features of Optical / Electrical Tap Repeaters:
- Accepts up to 6 standards SFPs from OC-3 to OC-48, or 1 GigE and 2.5 GigE
- SFPs can be Electrical (Copper) or Optical Fiber (Single or Multimode)
- Cascade two or more OTRs for greater duplication
- Convert Single Mode to Multimode or Multimode to Single Mode
- Convert Optical to Electrical or Electrical to Optical
- Error free repetition
The Multi-rate Optical Tap Repeater 10G provides identical outputs for optical signals from OC-3 / STM-1 up to OC-192 / STM-64, and 1 GigE up to 10 GigE Ethernet. The signals are repeated at full power to allow for clean cascading at a very fast rate.
Important Features of the Multi-rate Optical Tap Repeater 10G
- Accept up to 4 standard SFPs from OC-3 to OC-192, or 1GigE to 10GigE
- Convert Single Mode to Multimode
- Cascade two or more OTR 10Gs for greater duplication
- Error free repetition
T1 E1 Multiport Repeaters are used to generate multiple and identical T1 E1 outputs for each T1 E1 input, thereby increasing the number and range of transmission of T1 E1 signals.
Important Features of T1 E1 Multiport Repeaters:
- The input and output connections are through standard bantam or RJ-45 jacks
- Inputs and outputs are compatible with CCITT G.703
- T1 and E1 signals are terminated at 100 Ohms (T1) or 120 Ohms (E1) respectively
- The repeater permits output drive for line lengths up to 655 feet
- The T1 Multiport Repeater and E1 Multiport Repeater are available as separate units
For more information, please visit: T1 E1 Single or Dual Multiport and Optical Tap Repeaters webpage.