GL Releases Voice Recorder Emulator for VoIP Air Traffic Control
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – April 23, 2018 - GL Communications Inc., announced today its latest ED-137 Voice Recorder Emulator software referred to as MAPS™ ED-137 Recorder Emulator.
Speaking to the press, Mr.Vijay Kulkarni, the CEO of the company said, “Air traffic control centers are required to provide continuous "ground/ground" and "ground/air" voice communication recordings with synchronized flight related data, for establishing “air traffic incident” chronology, replay, improving safety, audits, statistics, and training purposes.
ED-137/4B defines inter-operability standards for the next generation VoIP Air Traffic Recorder. These next generation recorders are specially designed for all traffic control towers and centers to simplify the recording, archiving, and playback of voice communications.”
He added, “MAPS™ ED-137 Recorder Emulator software emulates voice recording and replay of voice communication for VoIP ATM networks per EUROCAE ED-137B Volume 4 Standards. This software is an addition to the already existing test suite for VoIP ATM networks that includes, MAPS™ ED-137 Radio Emulators and MAPS™ ED-137 Telephone Emulators.”
Mr.Kulkarni further explained, “The software is designed to simulate Recorder Interface for both Air-to-Ground (AG) and Ground-to-Ground (GG) calls at Controller Working Position (CWP), Ground Radio Station (GRS) and Communication Recorders endpoints.
MAPS™ ED-137 Recorder supports Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) to establish, terminate and maintain media sessions, which deliver media recording servers. Active recording requires an established session (i.e. a certain number of parameters that are exchanged between entities prior to any recording). CWP/VCS, Radio and Recorder use RTSP for such sessions. As RTSP relies on a transport layer protocol (TCP or UDP), these entities use SIP to exchange capabilities and connection information (i.e. IP address, port number, and transport protocol).
Using MAPS™ ED-137 Recorder the following communication scenarios can be tested:
Simulate GRS/CWP entity to generate AG/GG recording sessions towards Communication Recorders to test recorder functionalities.
Simulate VoIP ATM Recorder entity to receive and record voice from CWP/GRS to verify recorder functionality at CWP and GRS.”
- Emulates ED-137/4B Recorder interface at CWP, GRS and Recorder endpoints
- Simulates Recorder interface for multiple CWPs and Radios from single instance of MAPS™
- Simulates Recorder interface for both Air-to-Ground and Ground-to-Ground calls
- Supported codecs include G711 A-law, Mu-law and G.729
- Supports simulating multiple recording servers from single instance of MAPS™
- Scripts to automate PTT and Squelch operations on AG recording sessions
- Recorder node automatically records voice on each session to audio files
- Customization of parameters for multiple CWP/GRS entities to emulate an AG/GG call recording session
- Options to easily add custom call record data properties (like Caller, Callee, Frequency) and operations (like PTT, Squelch, Call Hold)
- Up to 200 RTSP sessions can be generated or recorded simultaneously
- Call Record Data of each session is stored in CSV format
- CLI/API access for seamless integration with 3rd party test tools
- Highly flexible architecture for custom testing scenarios