GL Announces Enhanced Voice Quality Testing Solutions
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – September 04, 2013- GL Communications Inc. announced today its enhanced Voice Quality Testing Software with Perceptual Objective Listening Quality Analysis (POLQA) standard for Narrowband (NB), Wideband (WB), and SuperWideband (SWB) signals.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Robert Bichefsky, Senior Manager for Product Development of the Company said, “GL's enhanced VQuad™ and stand-alone Voice Quality Testing (VQT) software, both support the next-generation voice quality testing standard for fixed, mobile and IP-based networks using POLQA (ITU-T P.863).”
He added “POLQA, Perceptual Objective Listening Quality Analysis, based on ITU standard, ITU-T P.863, is the successor of PESQ (ITU-T P.862) analysis. POLQA supports the latest HD-quality speech coding and network transport technology with higher accuracy for 3G, 4G/LTE and VoIP networks.
The VQT software also supports other international standard voice quality test methods including PESQ (ITU-T P.862), PESQ LQ / LQO (P.862.1), PESQ WB (P.862.2), PAMS (ITU-T P.800), and PSQM/PSQM+ (ITU-T P.861).
Mr. Bichefsky further added, “Using the GL's VQuad™ application along with the Dual UTA, T1/E1 Probe, or SIP options, the user can configure manual and automated tests between practically any interfaces to conduct voice and data quality testing over any network.
The VQT software can be configured to automatically analyze the voice files collected by VQuad™ probes, and send the results (POLQA, PESQ, PAMS, PSQM) to the central database.”
The following is brief list of enhancements introduced with latest release - VQuad™ version 6.15, and VQT version 5.0
- Both VQuad™ and VQT support POLQA Analysis for NB (8000 sampling), WB (16000 sampling) and SWB (Super Wideband) (48000 sampling) signals for both manual and automated tests.
- Supports displaying POLQA results within VQuad™ and sending the POLQA results to the central database where WebViewer™ can query and display either in tabular or graphic format.
- The VQT application supports the following optional measurement algorithms, POLQA, PESQ, PAMS, PSQM.
- The VQT can be controlled remotely through the included CLI with support for Windows® and Linux.
- VQuad™ Auto Configuration feature provides a simplified way to build user-defined scripts. Using this option the user can configure call control and traffic parameters to send/receive various traffic such as Voice files, DTMF/MF Digits, and Single/Dual-Frequency Tones. As part of the Auto Configuration, the VQuad can perform/initiate analysis functions such as VQT (including POLQA), Echo Measurement (EMU), Delay Measurements (RTD/OWD), SNR, C-Message, and Path Confirmation.
- VQuad™ includes an option to randomize the White Noise generation by specifying the lower and upper bound values.