Press Release : Enhanced LTE Diameter Protocol Simulation Tool
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – February 03, 2013- GL Communications Inc announced today its enhanced MAPS™ Diameter Protocol Emulator.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Jagadish Vadalia, Manager Product Development of the company said, “The Diameter protocol is intended to provide a framework for Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) applications such as network access, roaming, and IP mobility. AAA protocols are used to determine whether the user is allowed to connect to the network (Authentication) and use a particular service (Authorization). It is also used to track network resources used by end-user for accurate billing (Accounting).”
He added, “Using MAPS™ Diameter one can test almost all 4G network elements such as
MME (Mobility Management Entity), HSS (Home Subscriber Server), EIR (Equipment Identity Register), AF (Application Function), AS (Application Server), CSCF (Call Session Control Function), PCRF (Policy and Charging Rules Function) ,PCEF (Policy and Charging Enforcement Function) , SGSN (Serving GPRS Support Node) and PDN GW (Packet Data Network Gateway).”
Mr.Vadalia further added, “As an enhancement to the existing MAPS™ Diameter Emulator, GL now offers support for emulating Sh interface, multiple transport handlers (SCTP/TCP), and enhanced Test beds to handle interfacing to multiple clients/servers.
The MAPS™ Diameter Emulator can now simulate User Data Handling procedures over Sh interface besides existing support for several other procedures over S6a, S6d, S13, Cx/Dx, Gx, and Rx interfaces.”
He added, “The MAPS™ Diameter Emulator gives the users the unlimited ability to edit messages on supported interfaces to support various procedures.
Call handling scripts of the application provide statistical information about total calls, active calls, completed calls, passed calls, and failed calls.“
- User-friendly GUI for generating hundreds of UE Signaling (Load Testing) over SCTP/TCP Layers
- Impairments can be applied to messages to simulate error conditions
- Supports customization of call flows and message templates using Script editor and Message editor
- Ready-to-use scripts for quick testing
- Supports scripted call generation and automated call reception
- Provides protocol trace with full message decoding, and graphical ladder diagrams of call flow with time stamp
- Script based & protocol independent software architecture
- Provides call statistics and associated captured events and error events during call simulation.
Back to Press Releases Index Page